what can my daughters dad do to prevent me from moving states when i have full and only custody,he just recently started paying child support and she is five now.?

Brittney - posted on 10/10/2012 ( 2 moms have responded )




if my daughter does not have the proven dna fathers last name and is not on her birth cert. but does pay child support but did not start payin child support until she was 4 and she is 5 now?would that stop me from being able to move out of the state for better education for me?or what all would he have to do since i have full and only custody and he has no rights?i just want to know what all he would have to do to prevent me from moving states.?just because he is provin to be the father doesnt mean that i should lose my freedom or be stuck in this state,where i could recieve better education elsewhere.and i have supported my daughter financially and totaly the whole time until a yr ago.and even then what he pays isnt even enough for her school snack for 2 weeks and he pays by the month.because he lied to the judge about how much he makes.


View replies by

Jodi - posted on 10/10/2012




Does he currently have visitation (even if not in the court order, is he visiting his child?). He could very easily take you to court to get a visitation order based on the status quo, and he could make sure that even by moving, you must maintain his visitation. Whether he pays or not is irrelevant to visitation. However, the court is likely to take into consideration if your move would be in the best interests of your daughter, keeping in mind that it is also considered in the best interests of the child for them to have a relationship with both parents.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms