How 2 cure water in the ear without a Dr.

Stacy - posted on 06/15/2009 ( 2 moms have responded )




My husband has water in his ear. Does anyone have any ideas 4 me on how 2 cure it without a visit 2 the Dr.


View replies by

Mel - posted on 06/15/2009




i am thinking you mean he has a ear infection or has got soapy water in his ear when washing.

if its the infection you need the doctor as a infection left untreated in the ear can lead to build up of preasure and the ear drum to perferate...... very painful, requires surgury to fix and it causes deafness.

if its just soapy water put cotton wool ball with vasiline just inside the ear (not all the way in just so it sits in without falling out)

change it every 2-4 hours

when washing smear extra vasiline on the outside so that it is kept dry

hope this helps

ps if there is any fluid on the cottonwool that is not clear go to the doctor as he might hav burst his drum

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms