My son's SSi was suspended due to address change

Tanya - posted on 08/18/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




I moved out of my parents house and wasn't paying rent at the time. I called and gave them my new address. They infomred me that they have over paid me $6000 because I failed to tell them I lived rent free. I told them I have always been truthful and they have even spoken to my mother several times to verify information. SSI stated they were going to reduce benefits to get back the money they "over paid my son"????

Now I have moved and I pay rent and make 1200 every two weeks. I have 3 kids and my son is the one with autism. Its just me and I don't get child support.

I faxed everthing to the local SSI office and they have not called me back and I can't take off work. I work for the state of Missouri.

Does anyone know if they suspended me because I make to much money? The letter didn't state that and the worker couldn't figure it out.


Sandra Gayle - posted on 08/25/2012




My son's ssi got cut off back in 2000 bc I made to much money and he was not 18 at the time. We are in Arkansas and they did not notify me that he was even going to be cut off or that it was bc of my income! I am a single mom also that did not receive child support but I only have 1 child and I did not even make as much as you do. I would definatly find out what is going on. I wouldn't think that they would just cut you off. They could be at least until you get it paid back. Good luck!!! :D

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms