Do you like working from home?

If you've worked at home before, what was your experience like? How is it different from working in an office?

3 15

I have worked from home for just over a year now after spending my working life in an office. I am surprised at how much I like it! I have enough meetings and outside interactions to not feel isolated and I love the flexibility that it offers me to support my child's school and our home life. I don't want to go back to an office any time soon.

3
1 1

Couldn't have said it any better. I will go back to the office kicking and screaming :)

1 0

This is my second round of working at home. I enjoy it, it gives me the balance that I need to be able to have a career and raise my children. I get so much more done because I am able to focus on my projects and don't have the distractions that typically take place in an office. The only draw back are the decisions that get made in "hallway" conversation but in time that gets worked through as well.

1
8 0

I currently work from home, I've also been a SAHM and a working mom... so I've "done it all". I like being a SAHM the best, but a close second is working from home (because I LOVE my job). If I didn't like my job it might be torturous no matter where I worked from.

Being a work from home mom means I get an income AND a lot of time with my kids. My particular job is flexible, I don't have set hours... so I can help with the field trips, or I can take my kids to doctor appointments... I don't miss a thing, and we have some extra spending cash.

Being a work a home mom is not for everyone though... it does take discipline and a good work ethic. If you have those two traits, it might work for you too. For me it's like working in an office only a lot more efficient because I don't get distracted by co-workers and the regular office gossip (which sometimes is fun, but it does get in the way of work). I still have meetings, but they are usually phone conferences. I still go to all the company functions though, like company picnics and Christmas parties and all that. So there is a small social aspect I guess.

0
2 0

Hi guys, my son has autism and daycare was not an option and like many families we started to really fall behind on our finances, so I decided one day I was going to do someting about it. I remember looking at some kids clothing on pintrest and I said to myself, I can do that and the rest is history. I now have a small business running on IG called Little Swag Co. I do custom denim and am about to bring in tees as well. I just started 3 months ago but so far so good. If you are good at something play on that I did it and I love it.

0
13 0

I have been in the same boat as you! Searching for something that is easy while staying at home, lucrative, and not a scam. Not too much to ask for, yet I was starting to think that it was unobtainable. And then somehow stumbled upon this site. Not only did it check off all of my requirements, it was only $10 to start. Which I was hesitant to spend but I am so glad I did. Plus, I made the $10 back within the first few hours which I didn't think would happen. :) check out the link below, and take a chance like I did. You won't be sorry. Best of luck to you!!

http://nomadicprofits.com/5957

0
0 0

I have finally found a company that I LOVE working for!!! They are truly amazing!! Check it out! ggmeyer405.nerium.com and let me know what you think about it!

0
42 0

I do like it! As someone else mentioned, you have to be motivated since there are a lot of things to distract you (including Circle Of Moms! LOL!) I found an unexpected benefit in that I have become more confident, have grown as a person, and not just in job skills. As a long-time SAHM with only a GED for a highschool diploma, I always felt "less than" if you know what I mean. Then I went to work outside the home and still felt "less than" since everyone else seemed to have more education, more experience, more fashion savvy - whatever. So when a special needs baby boy came along 11 years after our 5th child and I had to find a way to bring in the income and still stay home - which led to a home business. Now 11+ years later, I can only say it was the best decision I ever made. But I know its not for everyone so unless its something you REALLY care about and are willing to sacrifice for, you're probably better off in an office.

Helping Families Work From Home
www.mom2six.com

0
27 9

Because you are your boss it is harder to make business hours.Tv computer, kids, husband you get the picture. If you are not self-motivated, go to work. If you are go to www.donel.topratebiz.com

0
1,194 4

I have been working at home for two years now. I absolutely love it. It gives me a chance to be a stay at home mom too. It's wonderful because I don't have to worry about sick days when my kid wakes up with an ear ache at 3am (or just decides he's ready to get up at 3:30 like he did this morning!) :) I can work around my son's and husband's schedules, and with internet access every place you look, I can let my son play at McDonald's or Chick-fil-A while I get some work done!

0
8 2

working at home is the best experience ever u don't have to worry about what to wear to work everyday u don't have to put up or deal with certain people who just annoy the hell out of u at the office you have more privacy so you don't have to worry about falling asleep at your desk your time is yours so you can manage it how you feel best less pressure and stress feeling like your boss is always looking over your shoulder that's the best part about working at home !!!!!!!!!!!!

0
1 50

I have been looking for a stay at home job but I don't know where to look or how to get started... would some of you ladies please Help me out.. I'm a single mother of 4 an well I'm leaving my abusive husband and well I need help I have always been a stay at home mom..

0
6 45

I've tried some home internet business & no luck with any.Can anyone give me the info on the good ones out there with hardly any start up cost or a low amount one or a guarantee with it? Thanks for anyone that will help,so want to stay home with 3 kids & still able to enjoy vacations that hardly can go on now due to hardly any income on my end since home schooling pre teen daughter.

0
6 0

I love working from home. For me the blending of work and home is an advantage to both, although it can be challenging for family to understand and support the "work" time.

0
6 0

It is also a great time and money saver - no commuting time, no special wardrobe, etc.

46 34

I would love to work from home. But I don't want to sell make-up, kitchen gadgets, perfume, storage containers, etc. I am recently separated and a Mom to a special needs child that requires me to homeschool him. So it's nice to see how working from home has worked for many of you. Now to find a way to do that for myself. Any suggestions?

0
1 0

I absolutely love it. I am able to participate fully and whle- heartedly in my family - whether it is school, after school, etc. I can tell it also makes my 9 yr old a little more secure that I can get her off the bus instead of a sitter. The biggest drawback is the assumption that I have all this free time to volunteer, complete home projects, run others' errands, keep other kids after school. No people I am working!

0
3 0

I tried home office from my previous job, i liked it in a sense that i can balance family and work life but the drawback is children request for my attention knowing that i was at home. they do not get the idea of doing office work at home.

0
3 15

We are lucky enough to have a great after school program provided by the YMCA in our school district. Once I began working from home we continued to enroll her in the program. She loves the playmates and I can finish my workday. I agree that it is very hard for children (and others!) to understand Mom is working when you are both at home.

14 147

I have been working from home since 1986. I left my first major job as a headhunter when I had my daughter and then started working as a headhunter from home. Things went well in that field until a few major tragedies beset our family in 2006 and 2007. Headhunting got put on the back burner, and although I still do that part time, I have built a growing online retail business from home. Yes, I do work but I can be a bit more flexible than going to a 9-5 job which I don't think I could ever do again. I am a single mom and now grandma. After the tragedies, I let my headhunting business go because I had too many other things to deal with. Soon, I found out that in order to eat, I needed income and my income had dried up. I started selling everything I could find around my house that I didn't need on Ebay. My first Christmas, by doing some research on Ebay and seeing what people were buying, I went to Ollies. I purchased about $150 worth of items and sold those items for a profit of about $50-75.00. I went back and bought more with my profits. That first Christmas I was online, I made gross over $6,000. I learned what I could sell easily and what I couldn't sell. I learned what fit in free usps boxes and what didn't. After that experience, large items were on my NO list. I started reading everything I could about selling online and basically got a Masters Degree in online marketing and selling. I picked up on the most critical things and implemented them right away. Competition is the biggest pain in the you know what but you have to learn to deal with it. If I had any advice, I would tell someone to find a small, but expensive item, that has a big mark up, find a distributor, and then sell for half of what retail would normally be. If you find an item that you can sell for $100 and it costs you $50 (after all of your expenses such as listing fees and packaging materials since the customer pays the postage), and you sell one of those a day, 30 days out of the month, you will have made $1500 for that month. Most of the time a distributor will tell you that you have to purchase a minimum of $250 - $1000 worth of items each time so be prepared to have some start up money. Once you get rolling, you will think of more ideas and more things to sell. My next step was to get mostly off of Ebay because of the fees. I built a small niche empire of websites and blogs and have my own shopping cart, all through godaddy.com Very inexpensive to do. You can find more hints on one of my blogs: http://topebaysecrets.blogspot.com/ I haven't had time to add to it a lot lately, but I do from time to time and there is some decent info on it. In addition, I found a wonderful travel site and I sell their membership. For every sale I make, I make $1000. Over the past three years I have made over $9,000. However, I haven't even had time to promote it. I built a website on godaddy and people now come to me maybe once a month. When I get the time, I will be marketing it more. I now list on Ebay, Amazon, Bonanza and my own website. I was at rock bottom and with a lot of hard work and time, I have a home based business that pays almost all of my bills. If I can do it, anyone can. Find something you have an interest in. Find a product that is related to that interest. Find a distributor for that product. Buy a small amount or the distributors minimum to test market it on Ebay. If it works, go to godaddy.com and build a 5 page website about your product with your links pointing to your Ebay site and then go from there. You CAN do it but if you don't try, nothing will ever happen. Hope this helps encourage someone out there. Yes, you can even go to the dollar store and find a decent item that you can buy for $1.00 and mark up $1.00 to test your beginner skills. If it works, go back and buy 10 more, list them and when you sell them, get creative or find the distributor for those items by doing a google search of the company name that is on the back of the item. There is more to it then this but this is exactly how I started.