How do I get my toddler to drink water?

Toddlers can be very fussy about what they want to eat and drink. What are ways that moms can get their toddlers to drink water when all the are interested in is juice and milk.

39 23

some think im mean but kids dont always need juice or milk water is good for them! my daughter hated water at first and refused to drink it but im the adult and i make the rules! drink it or go thirsty!

32
2 0

Thanks for your perspective Candyce. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only Mom left among my friends that understands the difference between an adult and a child. The adult makes the rules and the children follow them. When did the concept of the child deciding what is best for himself take over? I'm pretty sure that my 30 or so years of experience trumps my son's 2 years of experience when it comes to making good decisions!

17 21

@Christina: i feel a bit attacked by what you write, i also have a 30 or so years of experience and of course most of the things i do know better than my 2 year old knows...however how about this: after i became a mom i visited my grandma with my son (couple of weeks old), when he would not want to nap right away she sad "we used to give the children a shot of rum or so...." would her 80 or so years of experience make you do the same? would you put your child in a car without a proper seat just because we did not have one when we were kids and also survived? i agree, i make the rules because i do not want my child to get sick (in any way) my son can have juice when he asks for it, he is absolutely healthy (not overweight, perfect teeth --> according to our dentist (4 times a year) and he is happy, i can tolerate when moms' act different from how i act but i expect other moms to do the same, the point is you make the rules with your children i do the same for mine and i disagree: a child should not go thirsty

79 37

I see where you are coming from with experience of what is good or bad but I wouldn't force my child to drink something or eat something that they don't like just cus it's good for them. There are many things that are good for them so why torture them and yourselves with one thing when you can try another. As long as they are fit, healthy and normal weight, what they eat doesn't really matter as long as it's mostly healthy. p.s. I'm not saying you would force your child to eat or drink anything, I'm just making a point.

14 17

i agree with Anne. A child should NOT go thirsty.

123 3

@ Anne. I think Christina's point is kind of relevant. There is a bit of difference between a toddler and 2 adults of varying ages. A child will only go thirsty for as long as they think it will do them some good. Once they realize that they are not in charge, they drink the water. I definitely agree that everyone should parent in the way that makes sense to them, but I have walked away from a situation because I can't stand watching a kid push the parent around, and I am tired of listening to parents lament that they can't make their children do as they wish when they are too chicken to make them. If you are okay with your kid drinking juice whenever, that is okay, but I don't like to hear someone whining "I can't get my child to drink anything but juice." I also make my kid eat whatever I make for dinner. Sometimes I tell him that I won't make it again, but aside from wanting him to eat the healthy food I prepared instead of rushing to make him something else; I want to teach him not to be fussy or self centered. Also that food is to give your body fuel, not only to give you pleasure. Just eat the yucky food and then go do something fun.

17 21

thx Jodie, this is exactly what I meant, maybe my way of expressing it was abit complicated

48 71

Juice CAN be healthy but only in moderaation. It's most unhealthy for the teeth so as long as your brushing your childs teeth for them and doing a good job and, if they let you, flossing, then it's not much of a problem.... Also, there are some dies that are bad for children and can effect their behavior... such as Red dye 40. That was is HORRIBLE for children and know to really cause some major major problems. Google it. It's true. I have cute Red dye 40 out as much as I can and I have noticed an improvement on my children's behavior. Also, yes, Juice is ok, as I mentioned, inmoderation but water really should be pushed b/c, while those other drinks contain water, it's plain water that is best to keep children (and adults) from getting dehydrated. It's also really good for your kidneys. Urine should be clear... if it's not, you're not drinking enough water.

17 21

@Jennifer: i do not lament i cannot enforce my child doing what i wish him to do, maybe i just expressed myself not properly (sorry for that but English is not my first language), i am in charge when it comes to things that are essential for me, drinking water is not one of them, our son is getting juice 100% from fruits, so there is of course fruit sugar in it but there is none added, and when he was younger i mixed some juice with water (1part juice, 4 parts water), my husband is only home on weekends he does not like pure water, and as water is the only thing i drink it cannot be that i do not give a "good" example whatever that should be, i tried to give our son water and he would not drink it, he would not drink for a couple of days so i decided to give him something different (as it was a very hot summer, for me it was important that he would drink at all), however i just do not agree that juice is that evil as some parents think it is, if you take a good one which in my eyes means it should consist of fruit and not of water and sugar in the first place, in the end each of us parents has to decide how they feel about certain stuff

5 38

I have to say I disagree...I've used the "if you're soooo thirsty, you should drink some water or go without" line with my oldest boy. He never did care for water because he said it was boring, but my youngest can't seem to get enough of it. Water is very important when it comes to overall health--any doctor will tell you that. What we are trying to do is to get these kids to learn some good, healthy habits. This includes drinking water, not just juice or milk. Granted, sometimes I'll let them have juice, but it's not like they get it 3 times a day. I'd rather they had milk, to be honest. I'm not going to let my kids become seriously dehydrated just to make a point, but I agree with Christina that as parents, we need to be the ones setting good examples (like choosing water for ourselves) and eventually letting the kids catch on and imitating. Until then, parents may have to step in and make those choices for their kids because they're not yet able to do it for themselves. It's what I call "loving them well." If your child is that bent on not drinking water, another alternative would be to go with some of these flavorings they have now (Mio is one I've seen) or something like Crystal Light. But offer the option of water each time...they might surprise you one day!

123 3

@ Anne. I wasn't trying to say that YOU were lamenting :) - just that I am tired of parents who do. I think that some of them are just looking for someone to tell them that it is alright not to try. I agree that I am lax about issues that don't seem important to me- my son has his hair in a mohawk right now which freaks out some of my friends. I do think that drinking water is important- fruit juice has natural sugar, but it is concentrated compared to fruit and commercial juice is pasturized. Both my parents have type 2 diabetes, so I am concerned to try to keep my son out of the habit of raising his blood sugar level several times a day. Suggestion to people who are worried about a child who probably hasn't eaten or drank enough. If your child is old enough to understand, you can sit them at the table, tell them that their body needs whatever it is that you are offering them, and that they may get up from the table when it is all gone. This can be said quite kindly, and I'm pretty sure that sitting in a chair isn't too abusive.

17 21

@Jennifer: i understood that you were not accusing me ;), i was just trying to say that I do not complain, I raise my kids and when he shows habbits i do not like i know that it is mostly my fault...i was pointing out that if someone does not like a certain thing that there is always alternatives, when my son did not like water it was okay for me, i think showing your kids that there is also other ways...when i give him an option i can teachnhim to make the right choice, if i forbid him juice, cookies, chocolate and all the "fun" stuff that is what he is only going to do when i can not control anymore, now that he is young he can be taught...if my child is having a cookie or similar and he notices in the middle of it he is full, he would let go and leave meanwhile other kids who won't get cookies...would just eat and eat just because they have it, do you know what i mean, of course i do care that my child stays healthy, but what i sad giving a choice does not neccessarily mean do you want veggies or not it can also mean do you want broccoli or cauliflower

4 2

@anne.... I think Christina does in fact mean that decisions are made with a bit of common sense ! And after all, her experience is probably based on the learnings of current studies and is not stuck back in the 19th century.....

17 21

@Romy: I would never claim that Christina's knowledge is from the middle ages, i just disagree with her opinion, i do not think that drinking water is the non plus ultra in a kids life, if that works for her and her child/children that is fine with me, i just have a different way of raising my child and no offense that is my right, i do not agree that juice is as bad as some mothers in this forum claim, first of all there are different kind of qualities, second there is the possibility of making your own juice from fresh fruit....i just think children do need sugar (from fruit...) that is where they get there energy from... my son is a very healthy and happy boy (maybe a bit to skinny if you ask the pediatrician (by law i have to have him checked twice a year), he has perfect teeth (dentist 4 times a year)...for me that means i am not that wrong in how i do it, every person (even little ones) have likes and dislikes when it comes to food and beverage therefore i prefer to offer alternatives...when my son disliked water i offered him water with some juice in it to change the favor, i don't get what problem this causes to some of you...

0 7

*shrug* -- if I don't want them to drink something, they don't drink it. As Christina pointed out above, I'm the adult, they are the children. When they're thirsty enough, they will drink what's in the cup, be it juice, water, kool-aid, whatever. And in my house, what's in the cup is usually water. If they ask for something else, sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes the answer is no. If they're not satisfied with the no answer, I don't really care all that much. They won't die of thirst. I'll never understand parents who allow their toddlers to control the household. Boggles my mind. But hey, it's not my house.

0 15

I find the question quite silly actually. Nothing wrong with whatever you choose to let your child drink but If you think your toddler should be drinking more water then thats what you provide. If they refuse it, then they aren't really thirtsy enough yet. There is a diffirence between being 'thirsty' and just wanting a little tasty sweet drink.

1 7

sometimes, my daughter too doesn't drink water that much that she'll have cracked lips... so i too sometime have to force (or maybe coerce) her by saying she can only have her fave candy/cookies/toy after she finish her glass of water..

17 21

no offene Maria, so your child is not allowed to have juice because of the sugar but it can have candy and cookies !??!?!

294 0

to bad water is vary important to a health kids growth ,, i mean why does kids now a days need the sugar drinks apple juice , kool-aid , ect... parents keep just giving them what they want and our kids are not health at all my son was tought to eat and drink whats in front of him that way you dont have to force him to do anything you eat whats served ,and if i wouldnt eat it i would make him eat it i would ask him if he wanted to try it parents need to train there kids to eat and drink good foood

307 31

I would dilute her juice with water by percentage. At first, just a little bit. Then like 15 percent of the cup would be water, then like a fourth of the cup. I just kept going and would add more water each week until I'd put in just a little bit of juice for flavor and mostly water. That's the way she likes it now.

20
7 0

Thanks so much for this great comment. I am definitely going to try this with my son! He doesn't like to drink water and I struggle with getting him to drink it.

43 107

My son wouldn't drink water either. I got him a cool little sports bottle with buzz lightyear on it and he drinks water all the time now. I don't put anything but water in the sports bottle.

18
4 11

In our house, we pretty much stick to a water/milk rule with the occasional watered down juice. And by occasional, I mean maybe 1 or 2 times a month. Would much rather they have a piece of fruit than a glass of juice and they go with the program. They will have plenty of time to make their own food choices when they get older but I feel it is my duty to give them the tools to know which ones to make. We set the example. My 2.5 and 4 year olds asked me to make asparagus and salmon for dinner the other night and each had two servings. I think we're doing pretty good! Consistency and persistence will pay off.

16
123 3

I like your attitude. When my son asks me for juice, I hand him a piece of fruit and say "Have some orange juice, it's in the orange."

Profile Picture
33 0

When the kids said they were thirsty I put water in their glass. Since I didn't raise them on fruit juice, koolade or soda it was never an issue.

But if they said they didn't want something I just said ok and put it on their table so it was there when they wanted it.

14
Profile Picture
1 3

That is pretty much what I did. Every now and then I let me DS have a "special" drink, but for the most part if he is thirsty, all he has available is water. I'm the same way with food.

12 1

Not introducing any drink other than water was great for us, my 15mth old drinks water from a cup because she doesnt know anything else (apart from breastmilk)

8
9 19

My daughter is 3, she would not drink water for anything when she was younger. I started buying bottled water more often (I drink bottled water) and my daughter would want my drink. Well it was water, I wanted her to drink water, and she wanted what I wanted.... SO I rolled with it. I gave her my bottle of water and she drank the whole bottle! Now, she will drink tap too. I guess the moral of my story is, drink water too and he will follow :)

8
1 15

Hello,

First off I wanna start by saying I thought this was to help parents not criticize them. I was reading suggestions hoping to find new ideas I never thought of but stopped reading because of so much negativity. If you don't agree with someone parenting style keep your comments to yourself because everyone does what they think is best for ther child and what works. Also I'm sure the ones that are criticizing would not want their style of parenting question or criticized! Secondly, I see all these negative comments about how juice is SOOOO bad for kids. Umm I'm pretty sure that 100 percent real fruit juice is healthy and if it was not it would not be approved for the WIC program. I'm sure alot of you that are saying juice is unhealthy probably had juice when you were a kid. I would say everyone does what works for their household and I'm speaking strictly from my point of view in my household and the way I see it juice is not unhealthy if not overdone and as far as drinking water as long as they are drinking it a little every day and making an effort to drink some I have no complaints! I am not gonna force anything with my children because the more you push the more they are not gonna want to have it. Hope you find some good suggestions! Good luck and god bless!!

Best wishes!
Kristie :))

8
61 33

Yes the WIC program gives juice but they say no more than 4 oz a day. That is such a small amount if you actually look at it. Juice is healthy in very small amounts. Fruit is ideal for children to eat over drinking juice. Juice is a very concentrated form of fruit, and both are high is sugars. Yes natural as they may be, sugar in any form can have bad effects on anyone. Not just bad teeth and being over weight, but it can cause other problems such as having high blood sugar,which can lead to diabetes. 4 oz a day max. Is that what most parents are giving? Everyone has their own parenting styles.

14 1

Kristie, everything you eat and drink can be bad for you in excess. Milk can cause calcium pockets on your body with too much of that. Think of the elephant man. WIC gives you peanut butter but your child is not to eat that until a certain age. It's just the way of the world. Also parent debating is how we as adults iron out our thoughts and feelings. It's our way of seeing if we are teaching our kids the right way or wrong way. This is for idea and criticism is good for ideas. If you don't like it that is fine but don't come here and tell us how to do stuff. As a former athlete you learn to take criticism. You learn that not everything you do is special and that sometimes you mess up. When you hear criticism it is the person's way of helping you for the next time. Sadly this country is turning into a country that can't take criticism.

14 1

I never measure how much juice I give my daughter and I'm sure it's too much. Lol! But I also give her Lactaid and water. She likes those. If she us thirsty and today is a water day that is all she gets for the day. Eventually she drinks it.

48 71

Do you give her lactaid b/c she's lactose intolerant? That is what lactaid is for.... I'm just curious as to why you're giving it to her. I was lactose intolerant as a child and luckily grew out of it... now, my newest addition (baby #3) has a Milk and Soy protein Intolerance and b/c I breastfeed, I cannot have anything with dairy or soy in it... however, this is much much different than lactose intolerance.

14 1

Yeah she is lactose intolerant and I'm praying she will grow out of it. She loves milk related stuff.

1 15

Well I was just stating some information to help others and I clearly think that this site and post was made to help other moms and not put them down. How everyone raises their child is different we all have different parenting styles and everyone does what he/she thinks is best for their child. My daughter is a very healthy 2 year old and I don't make her eat or drink something just because it's healthy for her if she dosent like it I don't force her but I think instead of harshly criticizing everyone like you know it all MAKEDA maybe you should just give helpful tips an advice to the person making the post rather than putting down another parents post. Ever hear of positive criticism well yours was not helpful just very rude an negative and I for one don't like reading these posts on this site because of all the negativity. You cannot tell me what is right or wrong in raisin my child and honestly if you eat too much fruits and vegetables that too can be bad for you. So don't tell me what ou think is right because it is not the same for everyone. I am a nurse and I know what is healthy for my child but if my daughter wants some juice I will let her have it and I'm not gonna tell her no only for special occasions when she is eating and drinking like a healthy 2 year old. Stop sticking your nose where it dosent belong I did not post so others could tell me how to raise my child! And if you think there's something wrong with this country then move to Canada eh?! This will be my last post because I'm way beyond this negative "I know what's best" crap. And frankly im way too much of a positive person to be reading suh rude and negative stuff. Thanks and god bless!

0 7

ice water in a cup works for me or flavored waters

6
79 37

I like that, or try them with ice-cubes if they are old enough. Put a sweet in the middle of something so they have to suck it in order to get the sweet out. As they suck on it, they will taste the water. For younger children, where you might worry about them choking on the ice cube, try one of those baby/toddler net food holder things.

Profile Picture
2,843 7

This is what I do for myself, I add lemon slices to a pitcher of water. It adds just enough flavor without really any calories or sugar. I went from barely drinking water to drinking easily 20oz a day. I then slowly removed it from the water until I was just drinking regular water.

I buy bottled water. Our tap water makes me sick. I give the same to my toddler. She'll have days where she just wants milk, but others just water. I don't offer juice at all. She's asked for it after seeing her dad and me drink it.

5
9 11

our rule is you get a big glass of water or milk FIRST and then if you're still thirsty you can have some juice. i get the healthy stuff in them and they still get the option to have a little juice (which is still watered down ). what happens is they end up drinking only a little juice if they even ask for any at all after the big first glass. during the day for quick drinks i put out a pitcher of water with some lemon in it and they can serve themselves. they love their "lemonade" and they love their autonomy to help themselves!

4
1 20

i tried flavored water and eventually my daughter started drinking water. When shopping I'll buy her the little mini water bottles & the regular bottles for myself...she loves that BC she feels she has her own water.

4
23 69

This is genius! I'm thinking my daughter will totally go for this!

253 2

My daughter won't drink plain water either, except in the bath tub! She would fill a glass up of bath water and drink (it's clean; I soap her up in the shower, before her bath). So now I have a glass of filtered water ready and whenever she tries to drink the bath water, I just hand her the fresh one.
As far as getting her to drink water during the day goes, she has a sippy cup she drinks from and I just fill it with 3/4 water, 1/4 V-8 Fusion Light fruit juice. It has a strong flavor that overpowers the water and it's healthy.

4
23 69

So I gotta say I like the way you do it with the v8 the only thing is. The v8 fusion LIGHT has an artificial sweetner. And studies show this isnt good for.. Well anyone really. I know you think less sugar is gonna be better but the aspertane in the "sweet n' low" in the light v8 is a forgin object to any body especially a toddlers. Look into it, this is just a suggestion and a "look out" as they say. From mom to mom :)

3 9

my son always drank water but I sometimes would put fresh strawberries in it and call it strawberry water...he always thought of it as a special treat!

4
3 9

could also freeze fruit in i cubes trays with water and throw them in cups with water!

79 37

like that last idea Tina

14 1

I tried this yesterday. I gave her grape water. She loved it. It took her a while to drink but she did. Yay

8 34

We use a water cooler at home, so its almost fun for them to get their own water. I'm Mom to a 6 year old and twin 3 year old boys.

4
35 10

My son was EBF, and when we expanded his drink options, we only offered water. Eventually, we started giving him a little fruit and vegetable juice cut with 50% water, primarily because he won't eat much in the way of veggies. However, my parents started giving him sips of their diet soft drinks, lemonade, and even COFFEE when I wasn't looking. When he started talking, he ratted them out by asking me for some of my coffee one day. Sigh. One day, he said "Want DRINK!" so I gave him water in his sippy cup. My mom said "Aren't you going to at least cut it with something?" My answer to her was "Why should I do that? If water is ok for ME to drink, why shouldn't HE?"

Besides, my son has a kidney disorder, and needs to avoid kidney infections at all costs. You'd think that would be enough to keep my parents from giving him other drinks. Alas, it's not. In the meantime, I give him water when he asks for it, water when he just says he's thirsty, and when he begs for juice or lemonade, I'll cut it with water. I don't really ever give him anything at full "potency."

3
7 5

My 2 year old likes to drink his water from the faucet when taking a bath so I started giving him luke warm water and he drinks it fine. I also give him flavored water that is carborated and he thinks its pop.

3
3 11

what i do with my son is put ice in his water it makes it more fun! :)

3
23 69

Shaped ice cube trays work for us too... Sometimes. We have flowers and stars oh and pumpkins! :D

1 13

First of all, we never offered anything other than water or milk after my son was weened from breastmilk. And, our pediatrician suggested no juice only fruit as well. We also have a water cooler and he loves the idea of serving himself. He's now 2 1/2 and has been introduced to juice at birthday parties and such so he is allowed as a treat on occasion. Much like candy and sweets. We don't keep them in the house and therefore he doesn't eat them unless we are out and about and there is a special occasion. Unfortunately once you've introduced them to these things they tend to head in that direction.

2
279 28

1. Remember to be proactive. Start kids with very little juice and lots of organic milk and water right from infancy.

2. If your child really turns his/her nose up at a glass of water, make it cool. Add some coloured ice cubes, a twirly straw that only comes when he/she drinks water... or mush up some very ripe raspebrries, stawberries, etc and put it in the water to change the colour and get a little boost of flavour/vitamins.

2
62 26

We sometimes add mint leaves to the water to give it a slight flavour and make it a bit special, and when they are in season, a few cut up strawberries make the water extra nice to drink! My son prefers juice too but he knows its just for breakfast time!

2
6 8

i let my daughters draw on and decorate their own water bottles, and they LOVE drinking water now... also, if their bottle has their name on it, or if the bottle is of the characters they like, e.i. princess, dora, hello kitty, tinkerbell.. anything girlie :)

2
29 1

That's a great idea. I also have a pretty good supply of sippy and regular cups that I rotate. When I bring one out she hasn't seen in a while she is excited and eager to drink out of it.

9 17

I make "special water". I fill a pitcher with water and add a propel packet or two (depending on the size of the pitcher). It gave the water a bit of a taste, and he enjoyed it alot. I also give him a cup of juice in the morning, and that's it. He has juice with breakfast...milk with meals...and water throughout the day. If he asks for juice after the morning, I tell him "We only have one cup of juice in the morning. What kind would you like for tomorrow?" That normally satisifies him.

2
48 71

My first thought it so lead by example. Toddlers love to mimic their parents and if they see you drinking lots of water, more likely than not, they will follow suit. With my now 4 year old (Not necessarily a toddler anymore though) we allow him to have one semi sugary (we dilute his juice: 1/3-1/2 juice, the rest water)a day and the rest of the day we alternate milk and water. He isn't so thrilled about it but if he's that thirsty, he'll deal with it... sounds kind of harsh, but he needs to understand the I am the parent, not him. After 7pm, all we allow him and his siblings to drink is water... that way they're not as wound up as they'd be if they were drinking juice.... Most times if he wants a drink of juice I'llsay ok but you need to drink water before I give it to you and then, like I said, I dilute his juice. Kids really don't need to have much juice... if anything, it's just for the flavor. Milk is good for them but water is the absolute best thing.

2
206 12

My daughter is 19 months old and she really doesn't get a choice between water or juice.. She gets water. She gets her milk before breakfast and after she eats her dinner, but otherwise its mostly milk. We may give her a little strawberry lemonade or something if we get it when we go out to dinner, but otherwise she drinks her water and never complains, so its never been an issue. I don't think there is any reason she needs to have juice all the time when she will drink water. I won't give it to her out of the tap though, either jugs or bottles of water and she likes it just fine :)

2
7 2

Dont give him a choice. If he cries and have a tantrum just let it run his course. Eventually he will drink whatever you give him. Check out the book by Betsy Brown Braun "Just tell me what to say" Fabulous book!

2
3 0

I bought the 'No Spill" playtex sipper that has the plastic straw that pokes out the top and has the plastic slide closure on the top that hides the straw when not in use. It has become the special WATER ONLY sports bottle/sippie and now she begs for it. Its a novelty, different from everything else she drinks from and she LOVES IT! Now she drinks lots of water - every day :)

2
14 1

I have those! I think I will do that!

9 17

In regards to those sippys...Do they leak for you? Mine always "explode" through the straw, and then my son has to be quick to drink it before it pours out. I haven't have the best of luck with it and it make me angry since they seemed like nice cups for his age in the package.

14 1

Mine do that too if the sit too long without being sipped. Try either putting less juice in it or just unscrewing the top and pulling out the straw. Letting your son drink will help too

1 20

My daughter actually heard from a friend at preschool and neighbor that drinking water makes you smarter! I recently have decided that I want to get rid of all the sippy cups in my house since my daughter is 4 and my youngest son just turned 3, so that has helped. I let them have a water bottle in their room at night and if they drink anything else they have to sit at the table with a regular cup.

1
Profile Picture
0 1

The water fountain is fun for him. I just help him.

1
0 27

I put a small amount of the sugar free pre-packaged flavors you buy to put in your bottled water or MIO.....When I pack lunches my kids would rather take the flavored water than the juice boxes that all the other kids are taking =0 makes me a happy mom. Brandy IN.

1
0 6

I really don't have trouble with her drinking water. Though she likes it better when it comes in a "cool" cup or mommy's bottle. Recently she started loving ice cubes and frequently asks for them. Might be another good way to get water in a kid, that doesn't like it... just an idea...

1
1 11

My son feels like a really big boy when he gets to use a cup so I put water in it, never juice. He loves it. So I kept giving him a cup and now that he is used to it, he doesnt fuss (too much) when I put water in his bottle for outings.

1
0 0

I hold the water in a bigger cup then empty little by little in whatever cup she wants to use...its like a game..and by the end of it, she will have taken almost all of it.

1
Profile Picture
2 6

Lately, my kids have been drinking milk all the time. I give water instead sometimes and when they ask for milk, I tell them they can have milk if they drink their water first. The cool sports bottle idea works, too.

1
11 23

I discovered my 2 1/2 yr old prefers room temperature water, since we still warm her milk, I guess this makes sense! She is our first, so yes she is spoiled! haha

1
Profile Picture
1 12

This is funny to me because for two years now I have to force my daughter to drink milk ( juice is a little easier) but she ONLY wants water! haha. She drinks more water than anyone I've ever met. She can't get enough.

1
6 0

My daughter likes water with a splash of apple juice. This might be a good compromise.

1
29 1

Our daughter is 19 months and has never had juice. There is no need for it. She eats well, including fruits and veggies. At meal and snack time she is always given a cup of water and she always drinks it. Besides her milk it's all she knows so it's just not an issue.

1
1 17

We have rain water at home so we always have called water cloud juice.. my son has never had a issue with drinking Cloud juice!!!! i think its a reverse sycology thing... Good luck. Rachex.

1
Profile Picture
40 13

I got around that issue by buying my daughter Mio drinks. You can get them at any grocery store, and they are a godsend. You squirt in the flavor and they go nuts. Then you gradually lessen the amount of flavor you add. Before too long, it's just plain water.

1