How do I get my two year old son to gain weight?

19 34

My son is 2 and he is very low in percentile in weight but he eats like a cow. His doctor has expressed many times that he is not worried about it at all he just will have a smaller frame which is genetic because his father is smaller. So my suggestion is that if you doctor didnt express any concern at his 2 yr old check up don't stress about it! My son is about 27 lbs if that. If your doctor did say something then you should ask THEM what to do about it.

2
41 0

I ended up giving my daughter 10ml of flaxseed oil a day for her omega 3 (I'm sure fish oil would be just as good) she gained weight really quickly (not too much) plus it did wonders for her mental development.

1
0 0

Flax seed oil?.. Wats dat? N wer u get. How togive

0 13

i was told by the pediatrician to give my little girl pediasure

1
19 0

Pediasure works wonders, but they also need real food. I give my babies lentils and oatmeal every two days. This helps a lot!

11 5

you my doctor also gave me little boy pediasure but guess what it makes them full and don't want to ear..whcih is not good.so i stoped...but you can give them Avocado with milk and banana as a juice....

0 0

My 2-1/2yr old cries tooooooo much and doesn't eat. Especially his breakfast. He is getting weak. What should I do? Pls help

0
0 0

my son is 2 n half years old.he is very weak in weigh.im so worried and he donot eat anything.plz help me what should i do

0
0 0

i like to know the peadiasure will gain the weight

0
19 21

I am having a tough time getting my 18 mos. old to eat.. he's only in the 3% range. His height is in the 60% range. I have tried all foods, fatty yogurts, smoothies, Clif bars etc etc. I just had him tested today by a natropath to determine if he has a food sensitivity that is causing an aversion to eating. If there isn't one, we will probably have to see an occupational therapist to determine if he is having troubles with texture. It's an awful feeling when they won't eat and you can't "make" them.... Good luck!

0
1 51

My 2 year old eats all day and never gets satisfied. He is over 3 ft tall and weighs bout 33 lbs. but my 3 year old was a low birth weight baby because I had preeclampsia. she was also a very picky eater and doc said I could use pediasure for when she didn't want to eat what we had.

0
0 11

I've been doing super smoothies with my son... and he has gained weight well. I do a lot of different veggies n fruit n mix it up with coconut milk or flaxmilk. He enjoys them... I also thicken it up with rice cereal for the spoonable option. He is lactose sensitive so I have found different alternatives. He gets tons of vitamins and all different color blend of veggies n fruit. Plus, it soooooo easy to bulk fiber up too in them... he eats them at five times a week or more depending on if he is teething bad and or got the allergies going on.

0
0 0

I have the same problem for my little girl. Almost brings me to tears. She is soooooo tiny. but the doctor said she is in the 50 percentile and don't worry. But a old Romanian trick is to give them vitimins with moore iron in it. I will try the pedisure and the vitimin formulation when I go back to Romania. It has to be mixed and pharmacy in the states don't do mixing anymore.

0
23 11

i have the same problem with my 3 yr old son. he was in a rear facing forrrrever because at the age of 1 he was nowhere near 20lbs. my son loves dairy. he drinks plenty of milk... whole milk. some doctors recommend switching from whole milk but the main reason is because it is more fattening. there is no nutritional reason for not drinking whole milk except for the fact that its more fattening! he eats lots of yogurt and will do anything for a frozen gogurt! pediasure can help some, and most kids will eat the most at breakfast and the meals get smaller as the day goes on. at least thats typical. i dont know if this was very helpful, ill be looking at other posts because i need help with it too! :)

0
0 15

thanks, ill try giving my son the pediasure in the morning to see if he will drink it. He goes through alot of milk and juice through out the day. I will try giving him frozen gogurt and yogurt as well.

6 38

I am going through with my 14 month old he is under weight weighing in at 16 lbs below the average for his height and age Ok so as this has been going on since he turned one .we have seen a specialist and still no resolve , he is on pediasure 4 times a day per dr orders and still no weight gain they tell us he does not like to eat and not to worry he will catch up once he realizes he likes food ..... ugh this is very frustrating he is very advanced in all areas of development except WEIGHT !!

10 0

Tina, This sounds just like my 15 month old girl. She is under 17 lbs. Below the 3rd percentile in weight. Height she is normal, and is advanced in most stages or development. She is super smart, super active, but hates to eat. She is on pediasure as well. My Doctor ran a whole battery or tests, took blood and x-rays, and everything came back normal...I'm hoping she gets her appetite soon.

0 15

I was about to ask the same thing, my son wont eat anything unless its fries or chips..how do i get him to eat? Going to buy pediasure today and see if that helps.

0
0 15

okay i bought flavored pediasure and my son wont drink it...thats just my luck..freakin great

1 0

Pediasure didn't work for us either, try add instant breakfast from carnation--actually has more vitamins and calories. Use 1/3 of a pack with milk--try vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry. I do it 3 times a day and been on it for 7 months now. It was recommended by the dietician we're seeing for my son.

2 0

We have had the same issue with our little girl. She was a preemie, so now 23 mo/20 mo adjusted but 18 lbs. We do whole milk with 3/4 packet of Carnation/8 oz bottle or 3 packets/32 oz whole milk. Additionally, butter or olive oil (we use butter) in everything pureed, or soft. We also took her to an Eastern Medicine Specialist who put her on herbs which did help. She gained a pound in a month and when we went off she plateaued, so we are back on and it seems to be working. Good luck. It's so terribly hard to feel helpless in helping your wee one gain the weight, but hopefully the ratio of weight to height will be solid so it's not dangerous.