How Do You Communicate With Your Ex?

If your ex is involved in your children's life, how do you communicate with them about about is going in your kid's lives? Do you still make decisions together they way you did when you were still a couple?

3 0

My kids are older but I do still have one in school, and talk to his dad occasionally. I usually text or e-mail, but I don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call if I need to. After all we were married once, we had a strong friendship before hand and fortunately the friendship survived where the marriage did not! I want only the best for him and his "other" family. I will continue to see him at graduations, birthdays, holidays, marriages and births of grandchildren and don't want it to be akward for our sons on which parent to invite.... we are more than civil.

I invited him and his wife to my wedding and we all danced together!! I must say that we have had years of separation and no longer hold grudges for the failed marriage. It's nice to have that peace of mind.

19
1 0

Hi everyone act there.. my name is MULLAR SHARRON i am from germany. i will never forget the help DR.TRUST render to me in my marital life. i have been married for 5 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly and deeply. after 3 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside,i praying for divine intervention the thing became more serious.my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside. i was confuse and i did not no what to do at first. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw so many people sharing testimony on how dr.trust help them with their relationship problem. i email him and tell him how my husband left me. And he assure me that my husband will be back home within the next 48 hours .To my greatest surprise my husband came home on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him,i was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you dr. trust you are a God sent to restore broken relationship. And now i am a joyful woman.Email: (ULTIMATESPELLCAST@GMAIL.COM OR ULTIMATESPELLCAST@YAHOO.COM) tel +2348156885231

1 20

For your child you should always work to have a civil co-parenting relationship. Your children are what's important and they will do better and be better adjusted if you can both work together, that means making decisions together and etc.

My ex and I have a good co-parenting relationship, we discuss any major issues related to our son and try to come to a decision together. However, being that he is with me most of the time I make most of the final decisions.

10
57 0

Real & Powerful Love Spells That Really Work-Get Your Ex Back Now. Hi everyone, I'm so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again. My name is Mary Wilkie from England. My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at:( Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ),you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: ( +2348071622464 ),His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

29 0

My husband has been enormously controlling and our relationship has only recently ended. What is said in writing is very different to what is said on the 'phone or in person. I don't believe he is stable, he is highly manipulative and often angry. I am walking on eggshells sometimes as we have no parenting order in place. I am still learning how to communicate effectively, fairly without compromising my self esteem, my childs welfare and providing an opportunity for father-daughter time. Sometimes communication is used as another tool of control and the best thing to do is limit it to the neccessary.

4
10 20

Joanna - My ex and I were there a couple of years ago when I first left him. He was awful. He lied to everyone - our children, friends, family, even his own attorney and our custody mediator. He would harass me at work (we work in the same building) and it got so bad that I had to threaten him with a restraining order. Within the past few months, however, things have gotten better. Your break-up is still fresh; I hope that the two of you can eventually get to where my ex and I seem to be. We are finally able to communicate about our children without him trying to control me through our children. That was the biggest issue - he could no longer control me directly so he tried doing it through our children.

0 0

Ha! My ex isn't involved. Jerk...

3
1 0

Hi everyone act there.. my name is MULLAR SHARRON i am from germany. i will never forget the help DR.TRUST render to me in my marital life. i have been married for 5 years now and my husband and i love each other very dearly and deeply. after 3 years of our marriage my husband suddenly change he was having an affair with a lady outside,i praying for divine intervention the thing became more serious.my husband just came home one day he pick up his things and left me and the kids to his mistress outside. i was confuse and i did not no what to do at first. i was searching for help in the internet, i saw so many people sharing testimony on how dr.trust help them with their relationship problem. i email him and tell him how my husband left me. And he assure me that my husband will be back home within the next 48 hours .To my greatest surprise my husband came home on his knees that i should find a place in my heart to forgive him,i was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you dr. trust you are a God sent to restore broken relationship. And now i am a joyful woman.Email: (ULTIMATESPELLCAST@GMAIL.COM OR ULTIMATESPELLCAST@YAHOO.COM) tel +2348156885231 ..

5 17

It depends on the time span since your separation really. If its too soon, u find smses and text messages work better, as time goes on and the anger and emotions go away, you can call each other and discuss issues about your kids.

The decision making bit changes as the parent with the child makes the most decisions. However, since the children will probably spend time with your ex its important that you have the same stance on issues such as discipline and the like. You dont want the kids to manipulate the parents.

2
0 0

In some cases--the Divorce or separation MIGHT actually be a result of Different Parenting Styles---In my case it actually Was and IS the problem so there will be no "same stance" and in our case WE have had to teach our children Different Values and Different Rules may be true for Every Home -- At Dad's its that Way--At Mom's it is This way.... If we agreed on how things should be---we would still be together.

7 0

It depends upon the relationship you have with your ex. Is there trust when it comes to the decision making for the children? Do you have other issues you are butting heads with?
I say if there is any conflict to mostly communicate by email so that most things are in writing. If you find yourselves constantly butting heads over decisions (as with me and my ex) then you may need some type of custody order about decision making.
When we were married, I informed him of what was going on and made all the decisions. He never questioned or asked about it. When we separated he wanted total control of everything and disagreed over every single thing with the kids. It was very ugly and time consuming. The court finally ordered that I have sole legal custody and got the final say on all decisions after discussing with him.

2
0 4

WOW!! How did you get full custody? I CANNOT communicate with my ex & have to e-mail him only. I've tried to talk to him about our kids, but he's so immature. Just turns into a big fight & he ends up re-hashing everything from the past & blames me for everything all over again. It's very exhausting, this is why I only e-mail him now. I make all the decisions, cause I cannot ever get a hold of him to even discuss anything with him. He's very controlling & wants what he wants & doesn't ever follow the court papers. He thinks he's above the law. I have to follow the papers, but not him. Then when I take him back to court, he lies to the Judge & we just end up having a pro-bono lawyer write up some papers & that's the end of that & nothing ever seems to get resolved.

17 31

I only wished that we could make decisions together where the kids are concerned!! My ex is the one that left for another woman and my kids were old enough they knew what was going on! And they were very mad at him for a while and they are still hurt by it. But now it seems that I am a prisoner in my own home. My kids have learned how to play the game which is actually generated from their dad. He begs them everytime they are together to come live with him or tells them that if they dont like my rules they can come live with him, which I know him we were marred for 16 years and what he claims they would be able to do they would not, I am actually the more flexible parent. The kids have told me they dont like him pushing them to come and live with him and I have mentioned this to him but once again it only created an argument. But I feel like I cant discipline them in fear of them leaving and I know that is wrong and I do still discipline them I just walk around everyday waiting on the day they say we are leaving when i have always been their main caretaker, their dad has never even changed a diaper in 15 years! My daughter recently said that she hated being the one in the middle telling me this or me asking her to tell her dad something and I know this is wrong but he refuses to communicate with me and when we have it always ends in an argument so I refuse to any more!! Anyone have ANY suggestions???

1
0 1356

Theres no communication at all between me and my ex, he just cant be bothered and we (me and my son) are doing quite fine, probably best thing he got out of our lives, but will never deny him access to his son one day when he decides he wants to be part of his life. My son would have to make that decision himself.

All is fine and dandy!!

1
0 8

my ex and I now have a decent friendship, but he also lives 4000 miles away. So i make all the everyday decisions, but i have to answer the everyday questions as well. We have included each other on family functions, I have gone to his sister's wedding, and still visit his side of the family. My son needs to know his dad's side of the family, and I think it is important for him to see that we get along, and we love him and he doesn't need to know all the other details. We do try to spend some one on one time together with him if we are all in the same place since my son never gets him dad and mom together at the same time.

1
3 0

I talk with him through email. Conversation just brings up a lot of emotional baggage, so email takes a lot of the drama out of communicating and it gives us both time to process and decide what to say in response. Of course there's times it would be easier to just talk, but it's much more emotionally draining and things are more likely to be said in reaction to the person instead of the issue at hand.

1
0 4

WOW! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has an ex like this!! E-mailing is the ONLY way we can communicate without him blaming me for everything & ruining our kids lives. WHATEVER!! LOL

0 0

My name is Andrew Gary. I am really pleased with this service.
I am one of those people who said, “I’ll never call a psychic or a magician or whatever” to help me with my problems – least of all my love problems, but I reached the point where I knew I needed some guidance, and I’m so glad I found this man called . fr. Morris lavender . I never in a million years would have thought I’d be writing a letter like this, but when I nearly lost Lisa in one of our stupid,fights (she broke up with me), I thought I had lost everything.i cry all day and think that she will never come back to me again.i read a testimony by a man called Taylor Borg about him saying that how fr. Morris Lavender help him to get back is EX wife within 48 hours.I quickly email him.and also get back my wife with his love spell. And when I was at my most desperate,he didn’t take advantage of me. You performed a very good service for a person in true need. I don’t know how you did it, or how this magic works, but all I know is, IT WORKS!! LISA my WIFE and I are happily back together, and I’ll always be grateful to fr. Morris Lavender email him for any kinds of help is very capable and reliable for help lavendermysticalorder@yahoo.com. Reach him
regards..

0
31 0

THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called Great Baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet and how he also helped her. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. Great Baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact Great Baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com

AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON:

Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com

Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

0
0 0

john faith
GENUINE SPELL CASTER THAT IS ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS
BE VERY CAREFUL HERE NOBODY CAN HELP YOU HERE OR
EVEN SUGGEST HOW YOU CAN GET YOUR EX BACK,THEY ARE
SCAMS AND ANY TESTIMONIES OF MOST SPELL CASTERS
HERE MUST BE IGNORED. THEY ARE SCAMS I MEAN REAL TO
GET MY EX AFTER HE LEFT ME FOR OVER 2YEARS. I HAVE
APPLIED TO 7 DIFFERENT SPELL CASTER HERE AND ALL TO
NO AVAIL THEY ALL ASK FOR SAME THING SEND YOUR
NAME YOUR EX NAME ADDRESS AND PICTURE PHONE
NUMBER ETC WHICH I DID OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND
MOST OF THEM WERE FROM SOUTH AFRICA AND NIGERIA
UNTIL I SAW THIS WRITE UP ONLINE ABOUT DR PAPA, I
DOUBTED IT SO MUCH BUT ON THE OTHER HAND MY
OTHER MIND TOLD ME TO GIVE THIS LAST GUY A CHANCE
AND SO I DECIDED TO MAIL HIM. HE SAID MY EX WILL
COME BACK IN 2 DAYS BUT THE COST OF THE MATERIALS IS
JUST $250 AS I HAVE PAID OVER $3000 ON SPELL CASTING
AND COURIER AND NOTHING HAS WORKED FOR ME. AFTER
THAT NIGHT I WAS THINKING ABOUT HOW MUCH I HAVE
LOST SO FAR, WELL I SAID LET ME GIVE HIM A TRY SO I
MAILED HIM AGAIN AND SENT MY DETAILS AND THAT OF
MY EX AND THE $250 BECAUSE I SWEAR IT WAS MY LAST TRY
SO I WAS WAITING AS HE TOLD ME TO WAIT FOR TWO DAYS
AND I COULD NOT SLEEP THOSE NIGHTS BECAUSE I REALLY
MISSED MY EX AND WANTED HIM BACK BY ALL MEANS. AT
9PM EXACTLY THE SECOND DAY I SAW GREG ONLINE ON
FACEBOOK AND HE SAID HI AT FIRST I WAS SHOCKED
BECAUSE HE NEVER TALKED WITH ME FOR THE PAST TWO
YEARS, I QUICKLY REPLY YES AND HE ASKED IF WE CAN SEE
THE NEXT DAY AND I SAID YES AND HE WENT OFFLINE I WAS
CONFUSED I TRY TO CHAT WITH HIM AGAIN BUT HE WAS NO
MORE ONLINE I COULD NOT SLEEP THAT NIGHT AS I WAS
WONDERING WHAT HE WAS GOING TO SAY, BY 7.AM THE
NEXT MORNING HE SENT ME A MESSAGE ASKING MY
WHEREABOUT AND I TOLD HIM. YOU WON'T BELIEVE THAT
EXACTLY 8.AM HE WAS ABLE TO LOCATE ME, HE WENT
DOWN ON HIS KNEES AND STARTED PLEADING THAT I
SHOULD TAKE HIM BACK AND HAS PROMISED TO LOVE ME
FOR ETERNITY AND THAT ALSO HE IS NOT GONNA EVER
HURT OR CHEAT ON ME. NOW WE ARE BACK AGAIN AND I
HAVE PR

0
2 0

HELLO to my friends out there i am testifying about the good work of a man who helped me. It has been hell from the day my husband left me, i am a woman with two kids, my problem started when the father of my kids travelled and after then i did not set my eyes on him again i tried calling his phone but he was not picking up my call after some weeks he called me telling me that he has found love some where else, at first i never knew he took it to be serious but the day after he came to the house to pick up his things that was the time i noticed that things are not the same as it used to be and i kept having hope that he will come back but things were going bad day by day and i needed to talk to someone about it and i went to his friend but there was no hope so i gave up on him, years later i met a man on the the internet a spell caster i never believed in this but i needed my husband back so i told the spell caster my problem at first and he assured me that i will get him back but i had to do what he told me to do and after three days my husband called me telling me that he his coming home i still do not believe but as at the fourth day the father to my kids came to the house asking me to forgive him, from that day i was happy with my family thanks to the DR EHOHO TEMPLE he his a great man you need to try him you can as well tell him your problem so that he can be of help to you his contact drehohotemple@gmail.com or cell number +2348128037847 indeed you are a priest thank you for making my home a happy home again. remember his email: drehohotemple@gmail.com or cell number +2348128037847 His is determined to offer exactly what you're seeking for: Fast and everlasting results!
From:
-Get Rid From My Mother In law,
-Get rid From My Sister In law,
-Get rid from my father – brother in law
-Bring back lost love
-Marriage spells
-Prosperity spells
-Protection spells
-Binding spells
-Luck spells
-Fertility spells
-Banishing spells
-Spiritual cleansin

0
2 0

My love broke up 6 months ago and left me heartbroken, this made me sick and my problem became very very difficult and it made me almost gave up but after the love spell from Robinson Buckler, my relationship was restored instantly, I was happy that the outcome was fantastic, only 3 days after robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com started it all. Never in my life have I thought this would work so fast. My man reconcile with me and he started acting completely different, we make love everyday (last weekend, we did it 8 times in total!). Now I can say that Robinson's spells work! I can now say I feel happy once again, and like never before. It felt so good to have my lover back again, Thanks to Robinson, here is his Mobile Number to reach him +1 971-512-6745

0
3 0

ooookay so I've been dating this guy for over four months now. BEFORE I START MY STORY. im not looking for advice. just advicing you.
so I honestly love being with him. he makes me feel hot and special and wanted and honestly his smile lights up my life. my heart still skips a beat whenever I see him. I still get butterflies when he touches me.
I love him. and he loves me.
recently he's been starting to be distant. and it's fine; I let him have his space. until last month he started talking about wanting to break up.
I was very upset. I called my friends and I was crying and all that jazz.
I went to visit one of my friends, who happens to live near the guy. on my way to her house, I ran into my boyfriend. we sat down and talked for a while. he doesn't know what he wants. I cried. he said that he wants a break because he feels so much pressure to be good at a relationship. he also wonders if sometimes that he might also be happier single. but then he says hes with me and he laughs and he's happy and he doesn't know.
so towards the end of the conversation I suggested that if a relationship is like a house, and a lightbulb burns out, we don't burn the house down. we fix the light bulb.
(prior to this conversation he only saw 2 options- ending it or staying together) he chose ending it, i talked to my friend about it and he gave me a contact email for me to ask for help and i did, in contacted the love doctor and he told me what to do and when i did it, he prayed for me and my biyfriend came back begging me that he was with another woman who did a spell on him that made him leave me annd i should take him back. i had to choice, i had to take him. all thanks to The love doctor who helped me. his email is prayerstosaverelationship@yahoo.com if you have any problem in your marriage or relationship please do well to contact him he is the best.

0
9 0

What more can i say when my heart is full with joy since Dr. Odion brought my ex husband back with 24hours you can email him on odionspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him or call him on +2348056932230

0
29 0

My son is 21 now so I don't have any contact with his father, particularly are we are now both married to other people. When my son was under 18, the only contact I had with the ex was in relation to our son. We did not discuss any other issue. We did not go to each others family events and respected each other's privacy.

If I met my son's father now, I would be polite and say hello but nothing more than that. If my son ever gets married and has children, of course we'll both be there. We'll be civil but our priorities have to be to our respective spouses now. I don't believe that just because we were once married that that gives us a 'pass' for the rest of our lives to each other. Hope that this helps.

0
27 0

Honestly it all depends if he only sees your kids once a month or longer no he has no say it also depends on the situation as well like if they did bad in school or whatever now if its going to friends or swimming that's your choice you don't have to call him up

0
0 0

Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. My Name is NICHOLAS EMILY, i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it.. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage was falling leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster DR OGBIDI to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster DR OGBIDI told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so he told me that he was going to make all things normal again. he went ahead and cast the the spell for me, after 2 days of casting the spell my husband changed completely he came apologizing saying the way he treated me that he was not himself, i really thank you DR OGBIDI for bringing back my husband to me i want you all to contact him for those who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem he will solve it for you. his mail here DROGBIDISOLUTIONHOME@GMAIL.COM OR DROGBIDISOLUTIONHOME@YAHOO.CO.UK OR contact him through his website http://drogbidisolutionhome.webs.com/
you can call the great man on +2347050203191.
He cast spells for different purposes like
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dream
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) If you want a child.
(5) You want to be rich.
(6) HIV/AIDS CURE
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.

0
24 0

Good day.Compliments of the season to you all out there.. I am so full with joy as i write this post right now.. i really have had an en counted with a real spell caster who is so true with is word and he does what he says he will do. He is the realest of all spell casters out there.. so genuine and true. I want to thank High priest Steve for all he had done for me within the short time i met him.. he has really made my end of year a memorable one and he has made me know that there is still hope. Thank you once again for bring back my lost love and making my life sweet and better he can help you solve any kind of problem just let him know what you are passing through and that will be all.. I am so happy for the divine turn around he brought to my life. friends out there.. search no further for fake and scam spell caster, the real one is prophetogogalaga@gmail.com and his name is High priest Steve, Contact him today and share your problems with him and i am so optimistic there will be a solution to that problem when been brought to High priest Steve. prophetogogalaga@gmail.com....

(1)If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(3)You want to be promoted in your office.
(4)You want women/men to run after you.
(5)If you want a child.
(6)[You want to be rich.
(7)You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8)If you need financial assistance.
(9)If you want to stop your Divorce
10)Help bringing people out of prison
(11)Marriage Spells
(12)Miracle Spells
(13)Beauty Spells
(14)PROPHECY CHARM
(15)Attraction Spells
(16)Evil Eye Spells
(17)Kissing Spell
(18)Remove Sickness Spells
(19)ELECTION WINNING SPELLS
(20)SUCCESS IN EXAMS SPELLS
(21) Charm to get who to love you.
Contact him today on: PROPHETOGOGALAGA@GMAIL.COM

PROPHETOGOGALAGA@GMAIL.COM

0
52 0

if it is africa 95 percent of the spell casters there are fake ..my name is larry from canada..i have been scammed by 2 different spell casters named dr shagi and dr arango until i came across dr idunga via facebook..he told me if i get the items and he work for me i can pay him anything i can afford, he worked with sincerity for me and in 6 days my inlaws called me plead to me that my ex wife want me back but dont know how to do it directly, she came to me the following day and we are happy again..am thanking dr idunga for his sincere work which is lacking among african spell casters.. am also using this medium to tell you all to beware of scammer and try to know one cos dr idunga will follow due process before anything that has do with finance..his contact is greatidungaspelltemple@gmail.com or + 2348113076524

0
0 16

My ex and I communicated about our daughter until he got a live-in girlfriend. We were married for 24 years and have two grown children and one young child. The new girlfriend will not allow my ex to communicate with me at all. She sent me texts and e-mails telling me that all communication must go through her. She has all of his e-mails forwarded to her and blocked me from his phone and facebook. Our daughter has been very sick all week and I sent him a text using her phone to let him know. His girlfriend blocked our daughter. I'm amazed that anyone can be this jealous or threatened. I'm disappointed that my ex does not stand up to her. That's his daughter, for goodness' sake. I am remarried and have no designs on my ex. Who does she think she is? She is not my child's parent or her guardian. She told me she is impartial but when I texted her to have my daughter call me, she told me my daughter was fine and it was their weekend so I didn't need to talk to her.

0
35 0

I limit my communication to my ex to e-mail or text only. This allows us to focus in a business like fashion on the parenting needs only and prevents verbal abuse. It has been very effective for me thus far. I initially attempted verbal communication only to be consistently attacked or abused by my ex. Electronic communication allows communication for me and my ex.

0
108 76

I've been divorced from my son's Dad for 6 years now. We haven't always had the best track record when it comes to communicating. But with the help of mediation, we were able to get on a path of effective communication that now works really well for us. The vast majority of our communication is via text message. I have our son Monday-Friday, so all the school info is funneled through me. If there is a question I send him a quick text, only about that question. For calendar/planning items, I find email is a better way to do. Having a record that both parties can refer back to is very helpful. Then every so often we have a parent pow wow. Basically we chat via phone about any important issues or concerns that need addressing. The parent pow wow has strict rules. We stay on topic, stay respectful, and everybody gets a chance to say their peace.
You may find it difficult to communicate with an ex in the early stages, because there are still so many emotional triggers attached to that person. All of this will subside with time and practice. Remember, how you approach someone is how they are going to respond. If you start a conversation with an argumentative tone, an argument is sure to happen. If you would like to be spoken to respectfully, show the other person respect. The biggest idea to grasp on communicating with your ex, is keep the communicating about the kids, what the kids need, and how you as parents are going to address those needs. Hopefully, after a while you will see that you can more easily communicate, and even get to a place where you can talk as friends. Good luck!

0
2 0

well since my girl lives with me and i am basically raising her with support from my family , with minimal involvement from my ex , i made all decisions about my girl by myself. though he is not involved in any decision making but i will always sms him to keep him in the loop.

0
0 1

Unfortunately my husband n I broke up in very bad circumstances, he beat me up for the nth time ... 9 yes I took it lying down hoping it would get better ... Then came along our angel ... Daughter and he beat me up whist she was in my arms ... I was unconscious n when I came to n saw her all covered in blood , mine, but thought it was hers n felt I had lost her to his brutality ... I called the cops ! Long story short .. He hasn't shown any interest towards her ... N we have carried on in life ... Though still fighting in court for justice since the last 15 yrs ! He uses a biological fathers sympathy to help himself on court but has done nothing all these yrs to get closer to her ... I do not feel talking to such a beast is going to help our child in any way as she is now grown up n has her own feeling too ... Life has not been easy on us ... But we are making it thru ... Do not need any further complications ... As he always causes trouble for us ! Initially inspire of all odds I did attempt to talk to him to knock some fatherhood sence into him ... But did not succeed ... So have left it at that ! Only the divine can prevail to sort out his Sences ... She is growing up to be a beautiful soul ... Don't want to mess her up ! I agree it's ideal for the father to meet n be in touch with the child , but with my experience ... To each his own !

0
0 14

Me and my ex split up on pretty nasty terms. I have two young children so they don't understand why Daddy isnt here anymore. I try and let him come over and see them as much as he's able too. As for the decision making, call me stubborn, but I feel like I have more say in what my kids do and don't do and where they go and can't go. Our relationship now is still very rocky, so I guess it depends on what your relationship is like with him. But making the decisions together and compromising on certain terms will make things easier for the both of you and for the kids.

0
10 3

my ex and I dont see eye to eye at all so we had to go down the court route just for maintenance that wasnt even a year ago and he has missed a lot of payments since we did get on untill he met his new girlfriend and now he only looks to see my son ( i say my for hes not bothered) when she cant meet up with him i gave up trying to contact him for on a good day it could take up to 24 hours to get him on the phone and i dont see why i would have to knock on his door my son sees his great grandparents (there the only ones out of his farther family who look to have him) about every week and a half so i rairly have a moments peace only for my boyfriend started to look after my son (i know him 10 years and hes been babysitting kids the last 7 years) so i could go to work i would have lost my job dose anyone else have this prob for i haven't meet anyone yet who dose

0
4 13

As little as possible. If he contacts me I will talk but otherwise if he's not interested then I won't volunteer info. He left us when my daughter was 2 DAYS old. She was in hospital for over a week after birth. He left because ha said my family criticized him and was too involved...BS anyone?

0
11 1

I try not to.. He's the worst!!

0
168 24

Email or text usually. If I need to I will pick up the phone and call him. We broke up 18mths ago. And sometimes he's alright for a few weeks and then he just gets all abusive and scarey and controlling. When he gets like that I simply stop communicating. If he wants to know something he can ask. When it gets time to deciding which school our son goes to, I will ask for his opinion, in the end it will probably be my decision though, simply because I'm the one who will be dealing with the day to day of school.

0
0 0

nope, because i provide everything to my children, and their father dont have any share for them so why should i ask any decision from my ex for my kids,..

0
0 0

My children were older when I got divorced. However the youngest was still in school at the time and yes we did communicate. I wouldn't say that the decision were the same as when we were married but it was about what was best for our son and not any problems that we may have had. You have to remember even if you don't like your ex they are still the child's parent.

0
17 53

My ex and I just recently broke up and it was not pretty. We had been together for five years on and off. For many reasons we just cant get it right. I know I am not perfect but this guy is a control freak and refuses to compromise. I have my children 24/7 an I am thier sole provider. He wants to play part time daddy and Im not having it. I dont think its fair to me or my two dughtes. I feel as though if you are taking my children somewhere I have the right to know just as he knows where the girls are when they are with me. I just want my kids to be safe. When you say you want top see your children that dosent mean picking them up them dropping them off at someone else's house. And please dont tell the child or children your comming to get them and never show up. He is crazy. We are not on speaking terms. Id like for us to one day get pass all the drama and be civil for our girls but that day is far from comming. Yet I've been taking care of my girls as asingle parent all this time and we do good withouthim. Its his lost not me and my daughters.

0
0 0

Silently =)

0
0 0

it's good to open him or her to your spouse. but the best thing is: stop the communication. resolved or not, that was a past relationship. you have your present to live with, and work for.

0
5 14

hiya, well i suppose this really depends on the relationship that you and your ex have. If you and your ex can talk on the telephone, about your child. And its works. And both you and your child find it helpful or benefical. Then you should consider that. Just make sure you put boundaries in place with your ex. e.g dont call after 8pm. And so on.

However is your ex has a tendancy to malnipulate you, abuse you verbally. Or just generally be nasty. And you feel intitidated, or experience lower levels of self-esteem. Then in this scanerio, i suggest email only. Or a friend or family member, to mediate.

0
0 4

I TOTALLY agree!! My ex did this to me for years cause I wasn't strong enough to say "NO" & put an end to it. I was in counseling, my kids were in counseling, etc... Through talking to friends & family, I became a stronger, better person & now we only e-mail each other. It's much, much better this way.

0 0

It's been a decade since we have been together. My ex is not, and never was good at communication. He plays games with our adult children and refuses to come to events where life milestones are being celebrated. Graduations, the babyshower for the birth of our first grandchild, refused to come. Very hard to understand why, but doesn't communicate with his brothers or cousins either. Find it very difficult but life goes on, and it's his loss in the end.

0
0 4

You are absolutely 100% right!! It's HIS loss! He's very selfish & angry & cannot see past his own nose. He doesn't care about anyone elses feelings, but his own. My ex is sorta like this, except he's been there for my Daughter's 6th grade graduation & I know he'd be there for other milestones. He's very selfish too but at least mine has a heart. So sorry to hear that. He's ruining the relationships with everyone & that's very sad for him & he'll die a lonely man. He's prob trying to make everyone think it's cause of you. My ex has done things like this too, just to try & make me look bad. What he doesn't realize, is that he makes himself look bad.

0 0

Text message and email.

0