How do you cure your child's sinus infections?

What are remedies for a child's sinus infection? What can you do to help prevent a future sinus infection?

0 16

For a true sinus infection -not an upper respiratory virus, but an actual bacterial sinus infection- the only thing that will cure it is prescription antibiotics. Nasal lavage definitely helps, both to clear up the current gunk *and* to prevent future infections. Two of my kids -my 15 year old and 5 year old sons- suffered from transient IGA immunodeficiency, from infancy to pre-school. They both had chronic sinus infections (as well as lung, ear, stomach, and skin infections), which required them both to undergo invasive sinus surgeries at very young ages (before they turned 3!). So we have definitely been down this path many, many times.

If you and your pediatrician are certain that it *is* an actual sinus infection, and not just a virus, then do not hesitate to start the prescribed antibiotics. Sinus infections, once they kick in, are hard to eradicate. Nasal lavage, lots of actual nose blowing and/or suctioning, and -if you live in a dry area- a cool mist humidifier will help speed the infection on its way and help prevent it from coming back. Another thing to look into (depending on the age of the child) is possible allergies. Chronic sinus infections can plague those with chronic allergies, even if the allergies do not seem to affect the respiratory system.

Lastly, if the child has reflux, this can also be a contributing factor to sinus infections. If the infections are recurrent, it could be due to reflux, or GERD, even long past the infancy stage. Treating the reflux can help prevent infections, both of the sinuses and the lungs.

16
0 10

Thank you for putting an intelligent post rather than an opinion! My daughter and I both get sinus infections and for me its easy to use a neti pot and all the "natural" ways of cleaning out the passages but on most childres, that is just unreasonable and the best you can do is steam and nose blowing/suctioning. Sometimes the infections get out of control and the doc says for me AND my child, if you have it and it is interrupting your daily life for 2+weeks, you need antibiotics. I can appreciate not jumping the gun using antibiotics but for crying out loud-sometimes it's necessary to preserve health!

58 23

Brittany, how old is your daughter, and does she use the netti pot to? how do you get her to use it?

0 19

Great post, only thing I would add is taking a probiotic to help any intestinal issues with antibiotics...

0 12

THANK YOU SO MUCH JENNIFER FOR POSTING THIS...MY DAUGHTER ALEXYS HAS HAD THIS SINCE SHE WAS BORN. MY POOR BABY HAS BEEN TESTED FOR ALLERGIES AND AT ONE POINT HER DOCTOR TOLD ME THIS WAS NORMAL FOR A CHILD TO AWAYS HAVE A RUNNY NOSE. AFTER SO MANY YEARS OF HEAR MY POOR BABY IN PAIN I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET HER DOCTOR TO SEND HER TO THE E.N.T SPECALIST. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS....I REALLY THROUGHT MY CHILD WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD THIS.

2 1

antibiotics not necessary! reduction or elimination of mucus building foods - especially cow milk! the best way to get it clear is time tested, natural and easy, altho not so pleasant (til you get used to it i guess) - the NETI POT! you can get them in health food stores.. to wash the nose.. this can be done without a neti as well.. in the shower or over a sink with a funnel or some such thing.. a daily rinse/ snort in-out with warm water will help in maintaining health.. sea salt water even better..
and for infections that are hanging around or more severe - use grapefruit seed extract in the water..
it might feel for a second like you are drowning but you arent.. so just let it flow in and snort or spit it back out as you would if you got water up your nose swimming.. for infections , using salt or grapefruit seed extract (also at health food store) be sure to dilute it - like 5-10 drops to a cup of warm water for extract, 1/2 tsp salt.. these ingredients may BURN a bit at first.. but its so worth it! do it a couple of times a day for a few days and CLEAR!! snort in/ out strongly after pouring in and if you can letting it settle for a second with the head back...
so much better than pharma and no side effects like with antibiotics which also kill good stuff that we need..
great health and joy to you!

15
0 16

Excuse me for interjecting, but not choosing to utilize antibiotics when they are indicated for bacterial infections is dangerous at best, deadly at worst. The reason mortality rates have steadily gone down in developed countries is due to the advent and proper use of antibiotics for bacterial infections. And from your description of using a neti-pot with burning citrus and salt solutions... Have you ever actually used this method on a child? I respect the responsible use of homeopathic and natural health aids, but when it comes to my children, I prefer to use -and will advocate the use of- necessary pharmaceuticals to preserve their health.

1 0

don't do it with water directly out of the tap i just talked to my health care provider regarding that, he mentioned that the water out of tap has brain eating amoebas in it that you can die from! Instead use purified water or boil the water first than let it cool to warm tempurature before puting up nose... I just got over my sinus infection and it helped so much to irrigate ur nasal passaged because it loosens mucus in sinus cavities where it can build up.. try using Ayr saline nose rinse, my doctor prescribed that to me but they also sell it over the counter at local drug stores its a bottel that you squeeze up your nose use distelled warm water or boiled water thats warm and you put in a saline packet in it.. works great

0 6

Add a comment. I can honestly say that as a person who has suffered from sinus and throat issues. Natural remedies are the way to go. Some Doctors are too freely handing out scripts. I have always thought twice before giving them anything or taking medications if there is a natural path to try first. I don't like putting chemicals in my body let alone my children. Clear fluids and steam are the best thing along with lots of love. Works for me.

0 2

My son had a sinus infection that lasted for 2 months. The pediatrician just kept giving him a different antibiotic, which would work for a few days, but then the infection would come back. As soon as his allergist recommended using the netti pot, we tried it. The result was that he developed a fever for 2 days while his sinuses drained a ton of yucky stuff, but then the infection was gone and it didn't come back. No antibiotics were used in conjunction with the netti-pot, but we did use a prescription nasal spray along with the netti pot. And be sure to use sterilized (distilled) water!!

58 23

I personally am a netti pot user, I would REALLY REALLY like to know how you use one on a child. I can't even think of using on my 4 year old son. I would love to but there is NO way he would do it. I am guessing there would be crying coughing, and puking. I really wish he would let me. He gags when I spray saline in his nose.

0 34

Jennifer Ellis: Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that. I just want you to make an informed decision. Antibiotics are now seen as the most harmful medicine and it can kill a child when they are resistant to antibiotics. Some things need antibiotics, of course, like strep that can without treatment cause heart damage and other complications. Please research antibiotics and the problems our medical professionals are dealing with because of the over use of antibiotics. Ear infections, URI, Sinus Infections all are not being treated with antibiotics anymore without any complications. I say this because you need to be informed.

0 0

I don't recall my children having many sinus infections. My husband complains of sinus issues every winter. When I mentioned the neti pot cure, he balked and said someone at the office told him two people had died from using a neti pot! I checked SNOPES and it seems that there were deaths and they did occur due to the use of the tap water brain-eating amoeba! Guess any thought I may have had that tap water is totally safe just went out the window!

0 20

ABSOLUTELY agree, antibotics aren't necessary. Bacterial infections clear on their own (99% of the time). The reason there are so many antibiotic resistant infections is the overuse of antibiotics without letting the body fight if off. I have used sinus rinses with my children and they are the best thing. I start them out with just the nasal spray which they hate (understandably so). They see me doing irrigation daily to prevent infections so they started young wanting to do that themselves. It has worked every time, even after a doctor's visit where I was told it was in infection and an antibiotic was prescribed - I waited a week before picking it up and then didn't need to b/c although not gone, it was significantly better. I wouldn't say don't use antibiotics under any circumstance, it is sometimes necessary but it I won't use them for myself as I've experienced the worst there and it will be after a good stretch of time with my kids.

0 0

Desiree Duran -- Great Point on not using water directly out of the tap in Neti Pots. I was instructed to only use purified water also.

0 0

As a sinus infection sufferer as well, I have used the Netipot. Please be careful as to rinse it out with boiling water first before using it-and every time after-the one article regarding the amoebas in the brain that u can die from-this is very true-if not rinsed out the bacteria can collect and it will eventually kill you. If anyone has any other answers please let me know. Ive been dealing with sinus infections for 2 yrs now and they are driving me BATTY! SIGNED: HOPING TO BREATHE BETTER SOON.....

0 12

All the moms are right to a certain degree. When able, the natural path is always best. I think all kids need to be off cows milk anyway because of the hormones that are used (in all our animals). A netting pot is good if its an older child/teen, but not for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and even elementary age. Saline solution is good, humidifier in the room at night is good, but antibiotics do have their place in our germ world. Balance is the key here and not always running to the doctor to get a quick cure. We must let our bodies use their fighting mechanisms to help build our immune systems; so moms, help your little ones body to help itself. Also water, water, water into the body. If you have to use an antibiotic, push it and the illness through with lots of water and replace GI tract with good bacteria afterwards with a probiotic product. Runny noses and a sleepless night of coughing are not fun, but there are ways out there to fight the good fight in the natural along with antibiotics. Allergies seem to be the worst offenders and so keep on top of those and that should help keep sinus infections at bay.

8
0 0

Yes I agree as well, no man made prescription drugs. I have four kids and have observed the results( for MY KIDS) and over the years payed attention to what was most effective with each child. Viruses do run their course just like cold or any other infection in the child. Everyone reacts differently to prescribed medication and there are no certainties that your child will be better or worse. So going by my own children who from birth all hated taking medication, I would run to and from the doctors due to not being able to administer the med to them. They would gag and vomit and I ended up back at the doctor. I finally decided to look up natural remedies for the duration of the virus to keep them comfortable and to manage fevers. Two years ago my now five year old, had never been sick. He received a flu shot and was very ill. We no longer get them and all my children rarely get sick. As someone mentioned, proper preventions, by eating properly and maintaining the body's immune system and health, play a great role. We were forced to eat healthy because I know my kids don't take medication and if they are sick, it will be so much for them to go through to get well.

0 6

Grapefruit seed extract. My daughter and I have severe allergies and are always prone to chronic sinusitis. You will never need a trip to the doctor again. 3 - 5 drops in some OJ 3 times a day for a child and 5 - 15 drops 3 times a day for an adult. you can also put a drop or 2 in a neti pot used to rinse the sinuses. Trust me when I say this stuff works better and faster than antibiotics. Also, antibiotics wreak havoc on the immune system. The less you have to use them, the better. You can find GSE online but I usually get it from whole foods. 1 bottle is about $14 and lasts months. Take my word. If you know a sinus infection is brewing, and you start the GSE, a lot of times you can stop the infection in it's tracks. Take it from someone who knows and good luck!

7
0 0

Does this work adding it to water instead of OJ?

0 0

Can i put GSE in any other juice or water? we don't drink OJ

6 1

I was personally plagued with sinus infections for may years of my life---4 to 5 a year. About 21 years ago i started on a nutritional quest that led me to a particular nutrition product that worked within my immune system so that I have not had a sinus infection since then--over 20 years. I am very grateful for this result along with many others and would be happy to share information with anyone privately. I have suggested this product to many families with kids with allergies, sinus infections, add and adhd asthma, etc with even very young chidren taking it safely and achieving great benefits.

7
1 0

If you are going to post something, why not just tell what it is? Asking someone to email you back to get something that may be helpful to all is just ridiculous.

0 16

That is actually what I'd intended to do/say when I accidentally voted for this post. It won't let me retract the vote.

3 17

So what is the product that you use?

6 1

The product that I use is made by Reliv International (www.reliv.com) and is available in an adult and a child nutritional formula. The adult product that have used for 21 years is called NOW for Nourishing Our World and it is powder that you mix with any liquid and drink. The kids version is called NOW for Kids and is flavored chocolate or vanilla. My grandkids like the vanilla.I began a business with it as a distributor 17 years ago and will be glad to help anyone who wants to know more. I did it to stay home with five daughters, who are all on their own now. Delete

0 6

It us just a wsy to get your email to add to a list for selling.

6 1

Believe it or not, I don't do that. I just wanted to help anyone that I could. If you want to research Reliv and find another distributor, do it. I just wish that every child had the advantage of this product in his or her body from as early an age as birth. My neighbor is a physician and her son just got on the products in December for ADHD (he is 15) and he is seeing improved focus and attention already. The kicker is he is highly asmatic and has not had an asthma incident in three months---for the first time in his life. Shes has gone from a skeptic bordering on a cynic to a firm believer in what nutrition of this sort can do! No cures, no empty promises, just better health.

0 13

Hi Joyce, I tried to go online to view more details on the product NOW and it says that I have to request and online account to find out pricing. Could you tell me what the cost is so I don't have to request online access if I feel the price is more than I want to pay?

0 0

I am definitely better because I have taken Reliv for about 5 yrs. It helped me tremendously. I do not want to sell it. But it is well worth taking it for all the health benefits I get. If you do not want to change your eating lifestyle, this helps remove all your toxins! I have started 7months ago, also, eliminating all milk products and wheat/gluten from my diet because my homeopathic Dr. told me to. I have absolutely no sinus infections or allergies. The Reliv kept me from getting any flues or viruses also. It is an amazing product!!! One other thing, is facial massages. You can do it to yourself by rubbing hard as you can stand (using a mild lotion or oil) all over your face.starting with your nasal area and moving out and up over your ear and behind it and down your jaw up to your ear. It will looses the knots and drink a lot of water!! It makes me and our family feel so much relief (complete with a warm rag over your face)..FYI: After so many antibiotics your body is worn down to these foreign toxins, Take only when ALL else fails

0 12

Sounds like a sales pitch.

5 0

I am someone who has a sinus infection right now and so does my 2 year old grandson. I came onto this site looking for a good solution for us. To read a comment like this is really infuriating to me,especially when I don't feel well. If you have been saved from sinus infections for 20 years and you have the solution, why don't you just share it? Geez! I won't track you down because your post leads me to believe you will charge me for the information.

6 1

I apologize for not getting more info out on Reliv. I am not used to using sites like this and did not want it to be a sales effort for me. I am the mom of 5 girls and I like talking to other moms. My personal website is www.relivinglifestyle.com. I shared some information in my posts on March 8 and 9. For prices: The kids NOW is available in chocolate and vanilla and costs $25 per can...that is a month's supply for a two year old. For a kid over 40 lbs, get two cans for a month. For an adult, NOW is $48 per can and a can lasts 1 month. I use Innergize with it to hydrate the cells and boost the immune system....$22 a can which lasts an adult a month. You consume it twice a day and these products meet a person's nutritional needs. I do not pretend to be a nutritionist. I just know that this product works for people.

6 1

Also, if any of you want to try the products, email me at joycereliv@woh.rr.com, post your info on my site or call me at 937-426-4611. I am in Ohio. If you want to contact someone else call Reliv at 800-735-4887 and ask to be referred to a distributor in your area. It really doesn't matter as the products are made in St. Louis and ship directly to you from the factory. Follow up from a responsible distributor really helps with your product use so don't overlook that. Every Reliv product carries an unconditional money back guarantee for 30 days, so use it for a month and then evaluate.

0 19

Sounds like marketing product to me

6 1

I guess I see your perspective, Elizabeth. Here is mine....nothing gets out to the world unless someone tells someone else about it. Nothing happens until someone shares or sells something. I prefer to seek out info from people rather than corporate pr departments. I prefer nutrition to pharmaceuticals.

0 24

hmmm.. 2 times a day for 20 years! costly

6 1

Not as costly as illness.

1 20

Oh for goodness sake!!! You either want to buy the product or you don't. How do you expect to find out about a product unless someone markets it. I swear, you have to be really brave to offer advice on this site...it's so easy to get knocked down.

1 0

can you say what it is??

20 6

AS SOON AS my kids start with cold symptoms I take them off of all dairy products...they have never had a sinus or ear infection as a result. Sometimes prevention is the best cure! :)

6
0 30

ESSENTIAL OILS!!!!!! 100% Pure, Safe and Effective! It's the BEST way! Call me for a free sample 541-292-1849

4
0 0

I agree with the natural approach. In fact, going all natural can cure several different diseases that some doctors & government officials don't want us to know about because being sick is profitable. Dairy and animal based foods in moderate to high consumptions are the main causes of many diseases to begin with. You want proof - educate yourself - read The China Study to start. There is s slew of other information at the library, online, etc. on how to heal your body of harmful diseases.

2
0 0

Every child and every situation is different. After 5 years of education at a major school and a Masters degree at a highly respected school for Holistic medicine I use the most natural approach when possible. That being said, I do believe antibiotics have a place in my home as well. A severe bacterial sinus infection needs antibiotics. If left untreated the infection can spread to bone and in rare cases the brain. We are a dairy and soy free household. We also use a neti pot often, especially my husband. My 3yo. Was breastfed for 18mos and I followed a very hypoallergenic diet. She still developed a severe sinus infection and after many frustrating conversations with allopathic docs we met a great allergist who was smart and thorough and listened. He gave us antibiotics and it stopped her suffering in a matter of days. she took probiotics after the course and continues taking them now. She has been a super healthy kid and had her first fever ever a few months ago. She is now again suffering from bacterial sinusitis (we did a C&S) and I know the sx's of severe sinusitis vs a cold and is miserable, can't sleep. We just restarted an antibiotic and in about a day she is a much different girl. These meds came along for a reason, people were dying of infections and antibiotics saved lives. Yes, they are overused, but clinical data shows a dramatic decline in their useage. I still advocate for a less invasive more natural approach when appropriate. We use chinese medicine and cranial sacral. But sometimes they don't work and sometimes allopathic medicine works for us.

0 16

Well said, Rebecca! I agree, wholeheartedly.

58 23

My son has had many colds. Lucky for him, they have not morphed into a true sinus infection, but We use the nose frieda http://www.fridababy.com/shop/nosefrida/ to help with runny noses. My son has allergies like me and it helped once we got some sudafed prescribed by his Dr. He was already using Zyrtec. I agree with Jennifer that you have to determin if its a -TRUE- sinus infection or not. Then also viral or bacterial of course.... but for symptom relief for the little ones it helps. Please also do not give meds to your child with out checking with your Dr. We were given dosage amounts for both those times from my sons dr. Here in Oregon where his Dr is you have to get a prescription for any kind of sudafed product because of how it is used to make drugs. However we live in WA where that law is not passed, so it was pretty challenging to get it in liquid formula for my at the time 3 year old.

2
0 0

My children did not suffer from Sinus infections per se, however, I would like to share that I did for years and eventually suffered total bilateral hearing loss from it. How to cure it, that I cannot answer. I do know that the multiple rounds of antibiotics did not prevent me from getting yet another one, eventually the one that took my hearing. I urge all you Mom's not to disregard a sinus infection.

1
0 0

First of all eliminate all foods that contain sugar including fruits and
Juice. Sugar grows candida an sinus infection is basically candida
Overgrowth up the nose. Up probiotics and live cultured foods, sheep
Yogurt is good. Buy a dehumidifier. The bay area homes sweat. I keep mine
Constantly running, make sure water from the air gets poured outside so it
Can go back to where it came from. Dry babies and kid thoroughly especially
Between toes. Get theives cream it's an anti fungal, so is tea tree oil soap.
Think anti fungal be probiotic. Where indoor thongs avoid going bare foot,
Even indoors.
Xolisa

1
0 0

Medicinal grade essential oils - not anything you can find in a grocery store. A blend called Thieves in particular. We dealt with chronic sinus infections in our home for years. They were largely due to allergies, and antibiotics only seemed to be followed by a longer, stronger round of antibiotics. We haven't had a single sinus infection in 2 years. It's really something you may scoff at until you see it in action yourself. Colloidal silver works great too.

There's a great book called What to Do When Antibiotics Don't Work. It's about how plant-based medicines work, and why they are better than synthetics. EOs don't kill good bacteria and bacteria can't become resistant to them due to the complexity that can't be re-created in a lab (which wouldn't be able to be patented - that's why the establishment won't confirm or support it.)
Most of our immune system is in our gut. Antibiotics indiscriminately kill all the bacteria, including the kind that keeps us healthy! If we clean out the toxins and junk and give our bodies what it needs in basic whole foods, our bodies will fight as it's created to do. We haven't been to our pediatrician in 2 years either, and we really liked her! We've treated UTI's, stomach flu, and typical colds. We diffuse the oils and put them on the bottoms of our feet, so we don't usually catch illnesses from each other either.
Others who have answered are right in that you have to find the root cause. Food sensitivities (usually to milk and gluten) cause the immune system to be overtaxed and nasal passages to be inflamed (and the gut to be inflamed as well.)
Me and 300 of my closest friends have a Facebook Group called Oily Wisdom
https://www.facebook.com/groups/166975426752350/ where we share ideas, encouragement and remedies and a very balanced approach including when medical intervention is necessary. I challenge you to look into this, especially if you are skeptical or downright hostile to the idea. I was a skeptic at one time too!
You can also look at a site called oil-testimonials.com

1
0 0

I would love to speak to you more. My 2 year old is struggling with what the pediatrician calls “chronic sinusitis” since he was 6 months old. From the way she prescribed antibiotics I’d swear she owned stock in it or something. We’re currently doing meetings with new physicians for him. I joined the Facebook group, if you’re able to talk please contact me.

5 0

I've suffered from sinusitis since childhood and now my kids do get it too. Work out when it is happening. Is it only in spring then its external to the home and normal saline solution, menthol lozenge, menthol rub, paracetomol (like panado) to reduce swelling in the nose linings, then anti-histamine (some conveniently contain paracetomol) and if it gets worse with green mucuous the antibiotics. I eat throughout the year raw garlic whenever I cook, lemon slices, I take 2 teaspoons of local honey every day (it means I don't use cane sugar much), also natural anti-inflammatories like spicy curry foods and natural coriander with rosemary in foods. This with a good balanced diet builds up the immune system throughout the year. Garlic-lemon-honey gets the Russians through long winters with the infections there. Natural fresh cabbage and pumpkin is great. However, if the problem is YEAR ROUND then look at the home very carefully. House dust mites ? Fungal spores and mould ? The house is then the problem. Paint, bleach, check the wood panels for mould and replace. Remember if the nose is blocked the mucous will run onto the chest (post nasal drip) and it will cause bronchitis. Always make sure the nose is opened with menthol rubs like Vicks during sleep or lozenges during the day as well. Use a tiered approach which hopefully won't end in antibiotics at the end. Reducing stress levels helps the body fight the infection as well. Too much anti-histamine will dry the nose causing rebound sinusitis. This approach is a way for the child to acquire natural immunity. I certainly hope this personal approach to the problem will help, it has helped me and my kids. My 8, 15 and 20 year old have not been to the doctor this year nor last year at all.

0
0 0

Sinus infections are not always bacterial. Therefore. Antibiotics do not help at all. If they don't help then your body builds up a resistance to them and they won't work when you need them to.

0
0 0

We just moved to Florida and my son has been sick a lot since we got here. He is only 4 but has had reoccurring sinus issues as well bronchitis problems. We used to stay up north and he never got sick like this maybe once or twice but never back to back. I have went to the doctor and they have put him on antibiotics and it never seems to go away. What is another way to help?

0
0 0

IM A VERY CONCERNED GRANDMOTHER I HAVE A GRANDSON ...6 YEARS OLD ALWAYS SICK BEEN IN AND OUT OF DOCS, HOSPITALS , AND SURGERY'S WITH SINUS PROBLEMS , 4 SURGERY'S DID NOT WORK !!! DOCS ARE SAYING HE HAS STREP, STAFF AND PNEUMONIA IN HIS SINUSES AND THERE HAS BEEN NO ANTIBIOTIC THAT HAS WORKED!!!! THEY SAY A PORT CAN NOT WORK DUE TO NO MEDS OUT THERE FOR A CHILD HIS AGE THAT IS SAFE ENOUGH ! THIS LITTLE MAN HAS BEEN THROUGH SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING !!!! SWEAT TEST TODAY FOR CF .. 7 DOCTORS ON A TEAM TODAY DISCUSSING WHAT TO DO !!!!!!!!!! AND APP. SET TO SEE SOME KIND OF SPECIALIST TO CHECK HIS IMMUNE SYSTEM ! WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THIS FOR 3 OR 4 YEARS WE HAVE EVEN BEEN ALL THROUGH THE ALLERGY DOCS PLEASE ANY ONE HAS ANY HELPFUL INFO TO GUIDE US IN THE RIGHT PATH PLEASE POST BACK !! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

0
0 0

0
0 2

tell them to lay off the booze!

0
20 17

i just went 2 the dr. 4 a sinus infection & they do not give antibiotics 4 it anymore!! they had me get afrin nasal spray & sinus rinse, it is a bottle that u fill with water & a salt solution & squirt up ur nose & it comes back out the other side!! i felt better the same day however i don't know how well it will work with small child !! good luck

0
0 0

Does your child have recurrent sinus infections? Asthma, allergies?
Before you decide on invasive sinus procedures that destroy the normal flora and mucosa
In the nasal cavity and sinuses, you should look into balloon sinuplasty by acclarent.
It has great results , less invasive and keeps the normal tissue in the nares in tact.
Find information on Facebook balloon sinuplasty by acclarent

0
0 20

As an adult myself, I had really bad sinus infection. I had to call the doctor 3 times a year for antibiotics. I found a nutritional supplement that has made wonders for me- am free from sinal-allergies that always come around. Your children need a nutritional supplement and not just any kind of supplement. You need a supplement that is high quality and not some cheap supplement that does not work. I did my research on Comparitive Guide of nutritional and found Usana to be the highest rted nutition. I have been giving them to my daughter and don't have half the problems that everyone else is having with childrens being sick all the time. When they do catch something, they are not down as long as when they were not taking the supplements. Your child is lack of nutrition in its system that's why they are sick! We have strive to give them fruits and vegetables and meat. We all need supplements cause we are lacking nutrition somewhere in our body.

0
7 12

It's hard to get a child to use one, but if you can, try a neti pot. It's drug free and a natural way to cleanse bacteria out of nasal passages. As the previous comments, a bacterial infection needs antibiotics. A virus just has to run it's course. An anti-inflammatory may help, too. Sometimes it's swelling and not mucus congesting sinuses. Children's motrin or ibuprofen works well. Good luck.

0
6 1

The product that I use is made by Reliv International (www.reliv.com) and is available in an adult and a child nutritional formula. The adult product that have used for 21 years is called NOW for Nourishing Our World and it is powder that you mix with any liquid and drink. The kids version is called NOW for Kids and is flavored chocolate or vanilla. My grandkids like the vanilla.I began a business with it as a distributor 17 years ago and will be glad to help anyone who wants to know more. I did it to stay home with five daughters, who are all on their own now.

0 0

Thanks everyone!...Great tips...we typically do the neti-pot here at home as a preventive measure in addition, we take a daily probiotic. In addition, since over 70% of our immune system is in our gut--taking a probiotic daily will help to build up the immune system and truly helps prevent colds, flu's, digestive issues, constipation, allergies, and so much more. Adding in a probitoic supplement is definitely one of the best choices I made as a mom! (there are pre and probiotics in our food but not many of them make it past the stomach acid and down into the lower intestines--where the immune system is--So be sure to look for a probiotic supplement that guarantees LIVE delivery)

0 0

using anti biotics is the fast route to a catch 22 situation because you will lower your childs immunity, and they will become dependent on them. I for one do not find that an 'intelligent health solution'. Anti biotics should only be used in the case of extreme emergency or you are contributing to the problem of anti-biotic resistance. Some people have put some gd tips up above and the grapefruit seed extract & taking the kids off of dairy is v gd. Almond milk has tons of calcium. I've also found that my kids never have runny noses or sinus infections because they are unvaccinated, thus not carrying an overload of toxicity.

0 0

My daughters are now 23, 22 and 18. I battled sinus infections and ear infections with them for many years. Often the sinus infections occurred alongside asthma. It was fun. NOT! The secrets my grandmother taught me to prevent the infections helped a lot--be sure the child doesn't SNIFF, but blows her nose. Use a saline rinse rather than nasal sprays; less irritating. Unless the mucus is green mid-day (after the child has been up and moving awhile), or a fever arises, do NOT treat with antibiotics--the antibiotics always bring digestive issues which are just as miserable. Those worked with my kids, once the tonsils and adenoids were normal-sized or removed and provided space for the gunk to drain.

0 0

Interesting that no one has mentioned a Cortisone nasal spray. My son and I are both on one and also an anti-hestimine daily. If for some reason I don't give it to him for a few days, thats when the problem starts. We both have seasonal allergies (dust, pollen etc) rather than food allergies. I've done the no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, no acidic food diet with irrigating my nose daily and still got sinus infections. Tried variuos homeopathic solutions as well. I eventually gave up on natural and now rather just really on the medicines that work.

6 1

0 11

I have had phenomenol success with homeopathy in true full blown bacterial infections. When I was young I was on antibiotics repeatedly for sinus infections. My immune system suffered, and the infections became a chronic problem. For 20 years now, on the rare occasion that I've had to deal with a bacterial sinus infection, homeopathy has been successful in stimulating my body to fight off the infection. Netti Pot, vitamin assistance--thumbs up. Eliminating dairy--helps as well. But anti-biotics, while a fabulous backup when necessary, shouldn't be touted as the cure all or best first approach. They are a life saver, yet dangerous, and in the long term, deadly, when overused.