How do you get picky toddlers to eat better?

If you have a picky toddler, how do you make sure they still eat a balanced and nutritious diet? What have you done that has improved their eating habits?

7 0

at meal times I put a well balanced meal in front of meal boys 2 & 4. we all eat the same thing. if they do not eat there dinner they dont get any thing else healthy or not and no fruit after. if they live just a bit of one thing eg. my 4 year old wont eat tomatoes and that is all he leaves then he can have a piece of fruit. I believe if they are hungry they will eat what ever is put in front of them. I am not willing to make seperate meals. My 2 year old is fussy but is improving and will eat most things I put in front of him now.

2
2 30

I agree, Tamara...I'm not becoming a short-order chef. My guy is only 19 months old so he doesn't understand the "if you don't eat your dinner, you don't get dessert". We don't let him have a lot of sweets anyway, but all he wants to eat are the empty calorie foods...the crackers, dry cereal and what not. So I cut out those snacks and only offer cheese, yogurt, My mom suggested to finely grate up veggies in pasta too...but lately he's pushing away foods that I KNOW he likes, such as spaghetti. Hopefully it gets better before it gets worse!

9 4

I recently read an article about how toddlers need a lot of whole grains / carbs in their diets, so it's OK if they prefer that. I offer my daughter what I eat, and make sure she has all the food groups. She prefers to eat her foods individually so I generally break up her foods on her plate. beans, broccoli, lettuce and kashi crackers, wheras I may have a burrito or a salad . She's goofy though and won't eat normal kid food like PBJ and Mac-n-cheese. A great site for healthy, kid-friendly food is weelicious.com. There are also great books out there like THE SNEAKY CHEF.

1
19 1

You are very right Becky... they do need whole grains/carbs in their diet and unlike another poster said.. it is not "empty calorie snacks". I love the whole grain crackers.. and there are quite a variety of them. My son loves whole grain cherrios as a snack. The only "junk" we buy in this house is Oreo type cookies. They get 2 each only if they eat the healthy foods for dinner and that includes drinking all of their milk. :) My girls won't even touch white bread... LOL

5 2

I give my almost 3 year old Shakeology! She calls it "Chocolate milk from the blender" she thinks its a treat but it's nothing but healthy!

1
19 1

LOL.. I forgot we do strawberry smoothies. I use 1 scoop of Jillian Michaels Vanilla cream protein powder, 1 cup water, 1 cup frozen strawberries. It's great because she isn't much of a meat eater and the protein is great!

19 1

I have some seriously picky eaters.
I don't mind so much as at least my picky eaters love
real cheese, reduced fat wheat crackers, and various fruits and milk.

I do indulge the picky eaters, because they are so small I am afraid they won't eat at all or develop food issues if I force them to eat something they don't want.

Mary
http://www.SkinnyFiber.me

1
2 0

I finely grate zucchini, carrot and broccoli into bolognaise sauce put it on top of pasta with some cheese and they have no idea!!
Love some more suggestions though...

1
19 1

I am coming over for dinner.. :)

2 30

I am looking forward to reading answers myself. One of my tricks is to add some spinach into his fruit/yogurt smoothies!

1
9 4

We do that too! It's great for you and you can't even taste it : )

30 0

Hello my name is Lauren i'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com website at https://ancientspiritspell7.wixsite.com/ancientspiritspell

0
30 0

0