How do you get your children to be more independent?

When kids are young, they rely on you for their basic human needs. As they grow up, you want to encourage them to become more independent. How do you as a parent help them toward this goal?

1 0

Stop being there at every turn. They learn to be independent because you back off and let them handle thing on therir own.

2
52 0

It starts in the highchair. with finger foods. What mother hasn't put Cheerios of the tray. Green beans. Peas. It encourages finger dexiterity, hand/eye corrdination and learning to feed themselves. Childproofing your home so that they can explore. Lots of encouragemnt and love.

0 0

Hello I am Shirley Morris ,I am out here to spread this good news to the entire world on how I got my ex husband back.I was going crazy when my husband left me and my two kids for another woman last month, But when i met a friend that introduced me to Dr Keke Odin the great messenger to the oracle of Great Keke Spell Temple. I narrated my problem to Dr Keke Odin about how my ex Husband left me and my two kids and also how i needed to get a job in a very big company.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any side effect.He told me what i need to do,After it was been done,24 hours later, My Ex Husband called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me and the kids before now and one week after my Husband called me to be pleading for forgiveness,I was called for interview in a very big company here in USA were i needed to work as the managing director.. you can contact Dr Keke Odin through the following mean Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876 website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com

31 0

THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called great baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. great baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact great baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON: Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

31 0

31 0

THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called Great Baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet and how he also helped her. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. Great Baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact Great Baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON: Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

2 15

I always encourage them to accomplish whatever they set out to do. Have a positive attitude, "You can do that, no problem!" And prompt them on how to approach it

2
0 0

BETTERMENT FUNDING {bettermentfunding@gmail.com} Hi everyone, i am Alexis Ohanian am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}

3 3

While I do beleive children need to be taught independence they also need to be confident... you can not spoil a baby they are not vegetables. Hold them often, this creates the confidence they ned to learn if anything goes wrong mom/dad will be there. When they fall don't rush into a panic wait and see how they respond if they cry tend to them if they don't then leave them be. Children respond more to how others react more than the pain. My child never had seperation anxiety and I believe that's bc I held her as often as I could. Babies want and need to
be held

1
4 8

Give your kids small tasks depending on her age to be responsible for. Sho them the task and how it is done then let them do it. Don't step in unless they ask or can get hurt. Then just show then talkthem threw it don't do it for them. Complment and or reward them for doing well. When dining out have themtell the waitpersons what they want or if shopping let them give the clerck the money and take the change and package. Have them help with getting meals and snacks ready.

1
1

0
31 0

THIS IS GENUINE. NO SCAM. Hi! My name is Myriam Boyer. I want to tell my testimony to the whole world how this great and powerful man called Great Baba helped me to bring back my partner. My man left me for another lady for five years. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet and how he also helped her. I never believed at first but she encouraged me and i tried to believe and contacted him on his email. I told and explained everything to him and he assured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband came back to me begging for forgiveness. I am so happy and excited now. I discovered that when my husband came back he even loved me more than the way he used to love me before he left me. Great Baba opened up his eyes to see how much i love him and how much love we ought to share together as one. This is not brain washing contact Great Baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo.com

AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON:

Greatbabaofsolution.blogspot.com

Highersolutiontemple.blogspot.com

0
0 0

How I Got My Husband Back...........

My Names is Jennifer Amy ,AM from United states .i never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once when i went to Africa in October this year on a business summit i meet a man called Dr Oku, is powerful he could help you cast a spells to bring back my love s gone misbehaving lover looking for some one to love you bring back lost money and magic money spell or spell for a good job i m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 4weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 3 year i really loved him, but his mother was against me and he had no good paying job so when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him at first i was undecided,skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try and in 6 days when i returned to taxes my boyfriend (is now my husband ) he called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married i didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better in case anyone needs the spell caster for some help his email address: okutemple@gmail.com

0
13 0

My Name is Anita.I will love to share my testimony to all the people in the forum cos i never thought i will have my boyfriend back and he means so much to me..The boy i want to get marred to left me 4 weeks to our wedding for another girl..,When i called her she never picked my calls,She deleted me on his facebook and he changed her facebook status from engaged to Single...when i went to her place of work he told his boss he dont want to see me..I lost my job as a result of this cos i cant get myself anymore,my life was upside down and everything did not go smooth with my life...I tried all i could do to have him back,all did not work out until i met a prophet when i Travelled to Africa to execute some business have been developing some years back..I told him my problem and all have passed through in getting her back and how i lost my job...he told me he gonna help me...i didn't believe that in the first place.but he swore he will help me out and he told me the reason why my girlfriend left me and also told me some hidden secrets.i was amazed when i heard that from him..he said he will cast a spell for me and i will see the results in the next couple of days..then i travel back to Us the following day and i called him when i got home and he said he's busy casting those spells and he has bought all the materials needed for the spells,he said am gonna see positive results in the next 2 days that is Thursday...My boyfriend called me at exactly 12:35pm on Thursday and apologies for all he had done ..he said,he never knew what she's doing and her sudden behavior was not intentional and he promised not to do that again.it was like am dreaming when i heard that from him and when we ended the call,i called the man and told him my girlfriend called and he said i haven't seen anything yet... he said i will also get my job back in 3 days time..and when its Sunday,they called me at my place of work that i should resume working on Monday and they gonna compensate me for the ti

0
59 0

Start as soon as possible! Toddlers love to do things for themselves and to help around the house. Teenagers who have been served hand and foot do not. Everything takes much longer when you allow your toddler to do things for him/herself and you need great patience but it is the best way. Start as you mean to go on and help them learn to pick up their toys and put their dirty clothes in the hamper. If you make it fun it will be easy and painless.

Also you need to allow your children to take risks so that they can learn to calculate risks themselves. This means allowing them to run around, to explore and to climb on suitable play equipment. Only caution them when necessary.

They need to learn to be resilient. This means that they can recover from disappointments and set backs. Life is not always sugar coated . This is where good modelling helps. Let them know when things get tough and when you suffer set backs, Talk to them about what goes on in your life so that they can understand how you manage. Resilience will protect your children from depression and give them a more positive viewpoint.
In addition, talk to your children, as soon as you feel they can understand, about those tricky things in life, like sex, contraception, alcohol and drugs. Also about stranger danger which is also danger from friends and relatives. Do not wait until they are teenagers and may face some of these dangers. When they have a boy/girlfriend, it will be more difficult to talk about sex and contraception.

0
15 0

I just went through this with my soon to be step daughters. When my fiance and I first got together, it became obvious that everyone in these girls' lives did everything for them. The girls expected it, because that's what they had always known. I talked to my fiance about what I observed to see if I was thinking down the wrong path. He agreed completely with me. I remember the specific event that kind of started the whole road to independence. We all happened to arrive home at the same time. Him from picking up the girls from their mom's house, and me from the grocery store. The oldest, who is eight, was kinda standing around while my fiance got the youngest, who had fallen asleep in the car, out of her seat. I said to the oldest "Hey! Can you go unlock the door for me?" and handed her the keys. She gave me the oddest look like I was speaking a foreign language. I said "Or you can help me carry some groceries in. It would be super helpful." She just took the keys and gave me the biggest smile and ran to go unlock the door and hold it open for all of us.

Other little things we've done is to have the kids start helping out with chores. (Age appropriate of course.) Things like making their beds. If they don't know how to do something, we'll help them. I started with having them pretend they were putting on a tv show called "The Cleaning the Room Show! Starring (their names here." Part of it I helped them make their beds and the next time I had them show me how good of a job they could do. They loved it, and now when they clean their rooms, they do a beautiful job with making their beds. A lot of positive encouragement helps with whatever they're doing. And letting them know that it's ok (and can be fun and relaxing) to have their own alone time. Kids like having control of parts of their lives. It makes them feel safe and comfortable when they can be in control of something in their little world. We give lots of love and attention still, but we also encourage them to be independent. The house has a wonderful vibe now, and the girls always tell me how much they love coming over. It's so neat to see them developing their individual traits and personalities.

0
2 0

IDK my daughter is very independent, i guess it really depends on mom. They tend to mirror and mimic us.

0
18 28

First , moms must let their children understand the true meaning of being an independent person . to put this into effect , you should let them know the importance and practice of responsibility. knowing her responsibilities will make it easier for her to cope up with her obligations as a growing up kid.undergoing all of this will eventually make parents realize that they have just raised a n independent child and of course ... they will be proud of them the way that i am proud of my two daughter

0
13 11

let them make mistakes, have accidents, set out chores, bring in consequences. list goes on and on. look in library for books they have good ideas

0
5 20

Set parameters, but give choices; don't solve everything for your child: encourage him/her to think through a situation; work through and eliminate your own fears; build confidence by believing in their abilities; instill self-worth by loving unconditionally (that does not mean giving in!), stay firm in your convictions; give consistent expectations and rewards......

0
1 0

As a child grows & develops, each new step they achieve, commend them for it as if you`re surprised & amazed with pride & joy. They will react to your positive reaction, by going the next step further to try & get that same kind of cheer`s from you with ambition & drive to succeed. Cleaning their room is a great way to start off safe & something they need to do early once they understand the concept of the duty. Have them help you first, then slowly allow them to prove their abilities on their own, but always take time to reward with pride & joy.

0
7 1

I have found that my children want some independence. They will let me know when they want to something by themselves. My five year old twins like to get there own snacks and breakfast. I let them do as much as they can and hope that nothing gets spilled, If it does I have clean it up as much as they can.

0
1 11

As my Twins are growing they want to be more independence and I encourage them especially if they want to go for shopping, I will give them the time to returm back home and they always been good in coming back home early even before the time. But the problem is that I will not them go out without each other and that is the reason of going to the same school.

12 0

I've always had the parenting philosophy, "If a child can do something themselves, they should be doing it themselves." If they can put on their seatbelt, shoes, jacket, they should do it themselves. My kids are 10 and older but it still shows up all the time. If they want something, they go to the store and get it. If they're hungry, they know how to make a meal for themselves. The only thing they're really bad at is turning in homework on time. But that's another topic. Kid's can do more than we think and they feel good about themselves when they can do it well. There will be bumps along the road but it's worth it.