How do you treat eczema?

What are some remedies for treating eczema in kids?

Profile Picture
0 0

We eliminated dairy & wheat (casein & gluten) from our kids diets for several reasons but the change almost completely eliminated the asthma, eczema & nasal allergies (the asthma & nasal allergy relief was relatively immediate, the eczema took a while to clear up). It's an EXTREME change & I highly recommend you consult a nutritionist and/or your pediatrician to ensure your children are getting proper nutrition. For us the health benefits were so dramatic there was no going back once we made the switch!

30
Profile Picture
4 0

I agree! My son had terrible eczema...and it has always been an allergen trigger...it's the body's immune response to some sort of food or environmental allergen it for whatever reason recognizes as foreign and bad. As soon as we take away the offending agent, the skin is baby smooth and clear again...but if not, the eczema is so bad, even hard core steroids do almost nothing...plus they are harmful over long term., and treat a symptom, NOT the cause!! Dairy and gluten are the most common, but nuts, soy, eggs, and corn are common triggers too. We did an IgG blood test to help us narrow the scope, and it was very helpful in narrowing the things down to eliminate and challenge as triggers.

Profile Picture
0 2

Yes! We battled eczema for 2 years with my 2 1/2 year old. We have a huge bin of lotions prescription and non-prescription- nothing worked. Finally, we had to take him to urgent care because he had a horrible cold. The doctor there questioned why we had never been to an allergist (he is the husband of the allergist). We found out that he is allergic to peanuts (which we kind of knew about), eggs, dairy, wheat, and tree nuts. We eliminated all of these and his skin is the best it has been since he was born.

Profile Picture
5 18

We have done the same and she is like a new child. Still have the anaphalctic food allergies, but the eczema is so much better! Being in the south where something is always blooming and it is always warm, she still has nasal allergies, but we no longer use Zyrtec on a regular basis!

Profile Picture
4 6

I agree my son had eczema, I noticed it got worse when he ate dairy also so I cut out milk but still let him have cheese and yogurt, the biggest problem was his formula once I stopped that there was a huge difference. If your baby is too little just swap the formula you are using - use the helpcare line on the tin. None of the creams seem to work and we spent a fortune on different creams and bath remedies. My son is almost 3 now and I have started to introduce cow's milk, eggs and more dairy and his eczema has not come back :) Our doctor would not listen to me when I told her I thought it was a food allergy but she just wanted to give us cream and send us on our way - my son's little cousin has the same problem but my sister in law will not listen to me and he is 9 months older than my son and still has terrible eczema.

Profile Picture
0 4

I agree that good nutrition is the key to many issues we see now. There are so many toxins out there in so many products that we as parents really need to be checking the labels. Just so you all know, Arbonne has gluten free products and are vegan certified. This is huge and a big welcome to the personal care industry. You can check them out at www.shelleycortez.myarbonne.com. Thanks.

Profile Picture
0 0

Always get allergy testing done if a child has asthma or eczema

Profile Picture
16 79

I had my eldest tested for allergies - all clear but he did come up as allergic to a mould commonly found in homes AND in pine-bark, which is what the school grounds are covered in. He also has asthma and hayfever and these three things all like to live together as a happy family. For his skin, we stopped showering him (and his brothers) on a daily basis and try not to use soap unless necessary. Since he's 8 though we now let him shower in peace and he's taken to lathering up the soap a lot so his eczema is now horrendous on his legs. I've ditched the steroid cream and use one I made myself from sweet almond oil, calendula and vitamin E with a touch of cammomile as well. When he and a brother's eczema is red and inflamed, I use a different one I made that also included rosemary oil, tea tree oil, manuka honey and evening primrose oil. Has worked wonders - on the eczema as well as cuts and grazes AND a friend's child's facial eczema. I'll stick to my cream now. My son gets zyrtec when I have it in the house but basically, ease off the washes, use hypoallergenic laundry detergent and avoid soap.

Profile Picture
11 0

input this URL: ( http://www.abcshopping.org ) you can find many cheap and high stuff (jor dan shoes) (NBA NFL NHL MLB jersey) ( lv handbag) (cha nel wallet) (D&G sunglasses) (ed har dy jacket) ------- http://www.abcshopping.org ----- WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! ------- http://www.abcshopping.org ----- ------- http://www.abcshopping.org/ ----- ------- http://www.abcshopping.org/ -----

Profile Picture
123 3

Came across this article: http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/commoncomplicationsofcd/a/Can-Eating-Gluten-Free-Help-With-Your-Eczema-Treatment.htm The idea is that gluten sensitivity/ celiac is more prevalent for people with eczema, so removing gluten will help those with gluten sensitivity, but not for those without. Take care! Mei of EczemaBlues.com - resource for parents with eczema kids :) My girl has eczema from 2 weeks old.. tough I know!

Profile Picture
44 19

I use Renew lotion, I was recently introduced to a companis simply a manufacturing company that competes directly with Procter & Gamble and Johnson & Johnson. The difference is they focus on wellness, and on being healthier, safer and greener. All while competing with Walmart's and Target's prices. In this economy I love that! Their Renew lotion combined with the body wash and changing my laundry supplies has been a life saver for myself and my three kids who all suffer from Eczema.

Profile Picture
123 3

My child has eczema, but not allergic to anything. Glad to hear that cutting gluten worked for your child.. but I'm thinking it won't work for everyone as those kids who have no allergy to wheat wouldn't benefit. It seems strange though on why many report cutting gluten helps, I'm wondering if the alternative food source is healthier and overall lifestyle changes when one consciously cut gluten? Take care, and still wondering about gluten and the increasing number of people cutting it from diet Mei http://EczemaBlues.com

Profile Picture
0 0

try the Made from Earth Aloe products - specifically the Made from Earth Aloe & Jojoba Therapy...worked wonders for my sons excema. . .it turns out all the harmful chemicals in the drug store lotions he was sensitive to!

0 0

Hate to intrude into the circle here as I'm 'only' a stay at home dad, lol. My wife and I did 'cure' my 6 year old son's eczema however so when I stumbled across this question I thought I owed it to all of you to share what we did.

When my son was about 18 months old he started to develop red itchy patches on some areas of his body. While they were different sizes, different in severity, and on varying bodyparts, there were some areas that seemed to always be irritated. A nickel sized spot on the side of his left thigh, a quarter sized spot on the middle of his right calf... At first we thought it was a few bites, then maybe an allergy, or even poison ivy (as we had just returned to the cold Boston area from a trip to Florida). We tried over the counter cortisone creams, moisturizers, oatmeal baths, calamine lotion, and even anti-fungal creams. At the end of our rope, we saw a dermatologist who prescribed stronger cortisone creams and more moisturizers. Everything seemed to work, initially, but it never went completely away and always came back.

One thing we did notice was that it was at its worst in late winter/early spring and best by late summer. We thought that was a good sign it was a possible allergy, at first, and that all the swimming we tend to do might have helped it. But, that too proved to be a red herring as we couldn't make it better by swimming more or swimming in the winter, or staying inside more in the spring. Nothing worked and what we frequently heard from the pediatrician, or other pediatricians with other kids having the same issue, was 'it sometimes gets better over time'. Great. He was now 5 years old and was not only still scratching so hard while he slept it would bleed, but was occasionally getting hive like outbreaks across his stomach and chest. Outgrow it?

Here is where it gets good though...

Reading an article about Vitamin D deficiencies in the general public, I noticed that red itchy patches, / scaly, dry or rough skin / eczema was a potential side effect. We realized my son's eczema was worse after a winter indoors, that keeping him inside in the spring did not help and possibly made it worse, and that a summer in shorts and tees outside might be what made it better.

As we did not want to send him to tanning beds in the winter and have him sunbathing in April, we looked for a decent Vitamin D supplement and tried a mouth spray we found from an on-line health site. Not only did it immediately show results, despite it being in the winter, but it completely disappeared within a month. We left the spray bottle by the toothbrush and he gave himself a spray each time he brushed his teeth (a recommended adult does is 5-6 a day). Worked wonders. So well did it work, actually, when we ran out we were in no rush to replace it, thinking it was 'cured'. Three weeks later, the itchy hive-like rash reappeared on his chest. Obviously, we had it overnighted to us the next day...

Ed White
Hip-Dads.com

Hope it helps!

27
0 0

what is the name of the product and website you purchased it from?

0 0

Dr. Mercola... He's everywhere on any health site, lol, selling everything from vitamins to food supplements on Mercola.com. We got the "Sunshine Mist" Vitamin D oral spray. There is a lot of both good and bad press on him as he has crossed the line from a doctor recommending things to one is getting rich selling things... I can't speak to a lot of that, or recommend his Vitamin D product over others that may be out there, as I have only used his. I can unequivocally say it worked wonders for my boy though. Best of luck!

91 0

Dr. Mercola is not selling products to get rich. He sells only high quality natural products that he uses himself, in order to support his very expensive website without other advertising that he could not control the content of, and keep it free for the public. He gives away tons of useful information, and he couldn't do that without an income from the products. I've purchased some and found them good quality and competitively priced. He explained this when he appeared on TV with Dr. Oz. By the way, omega 3 fatty acids are also essential to healthy skin and may help eczema. But I agree, food allergies and sensitivities are usually to blame. My son has gluten intolerance, which caused some eczema for him along with migraines.

0 0

I didn't say he was selling products to get rich, but there is a lot of suspicion when a doctor starts selling so much and becomes more of a store than medical provider. I buy things from the site, use it, like the products so I have no issue turning people to that site for purchases. Products have, as you said, been high quality and worked well. I'm certainly not trying to disparage the site or Dr. Mercola, but can't give personal reasons for what he does or defenses of why he does what he does as I don't know the man. I'm not a fan of all the marketing or sales pitches I get though, but do try to stay away from personal judgements. I don't know him so I can't say he is doing it to become wealthy (and don't think its necessarily a bad thing is he were) or because he's so committed to the products. My only point was trying to recommend a site for purchasing the product that I saw do wonders for my child, while making it clear I was not plugging Dr. Mercola or the site as a whole. We had tried gluten and dairy removal, etc. We thought it might be allergy related as so many assume it is. We had a remarkable and simple 'cure' that had nothing to do with all that after 5 years of investigation. I'm sure it is for some kids, but hate to see parents lose time solving the issue when allergens are not the only cause. Yes for some (or maybe for most as I have only my son and a cousin to judge by) but other solutions should be looked at, especially if omitting gluten or dairy doesn't sure it.

1 1

I love DR Mercola! He is very informative and I have too bought many of his products. I just saw a reference to Ddrops on FB. Looked into them and you can get them at Walmart. While I generally wouldn't recommend buying vitamins or supplements at Walmart, this looks like a reputable product. Great post Ed! Hope the rest of you are doing the Vit D also. :)

0 0

Thanks for this! The more I learn about food allergy/intolerance and these types of resulting symptoms from it, the more I end up reading about Vitamin D. We are definitely gonna give this a try ... after consulting our pediatrician :)

7 12

Awesome info Ed, 'only' a stay at home dad! LOL!

11 0

0 0

Can I have the name of the product and from where do you buy it please? Thanks so much.

27 39

I use essential oils lavendar and melaleuca. I do oils straight on the spots if they are really bad but for a daily dose i mix it with coconut oil and rub my kids down with it. I your kids are older or if you have problems you can do it in a capsule. I love it and then you dont have the side effects from the meds

13
5 18

ooooooo....love the essential oils idea, but cannot use coconut oil. What else can I mix it with? She is severly allergic to tree nuts...including coconut

0 1

I tried all kinds of creams too and since I switched to Melaleuca's Renew soap and lotions, I have no issues. It did burn the first time I used the lotion b/c my hands were so raw. I suggest trying only the soap first (that didn't burn), and later once your skin has healed some use the lotion. My friend also has dealt with severe eczema all of her life and had to go to the ER multiple times b/c of it. Now she is doing much better since she switched to RENEW. I agree with the comments below, Eczema seems to stem from an allergy. When I use the soaps in public bathrooms, my skin gets irritated. So I have to carry Melaleuca soaps with me. Even their antibacterial soap (which anitbacterial soaps tend to be harsh) is gentler on my skin compared to the harsh so called "sensitive skin" soaps you buy in the stores. It costs a little more, but is so worth it, because the eczema is gone. My kids have sensitive skin like me too, so it works out good for them. Melaleuca just came out with a sulfate free shampoo I'm excited to try. You can get commission off of selling their products, but I'm not the type to be a salesperson. I don't like being pressured by salespeople only to find all they said about their product didn't pan out and that I just wasted my money. Melalueca's renew soap REALLY worked for our family, and that's no sales pitch.

0 5

I also us the Renew products and theybhave been a blessing. They are the only products, except prescriptions, that make a significant difference, especially in the winter.

0 2

Try mixing with jojoba oil, or use jojoba oil only.

0 0

I would have to agree that the Melaleuca products saved our family as well. My daughter has severe eczema and so did my son. I was introduced to Melaleuca and it turned things around immediately. From the soap to the RENEW lotion, it is all we use!

0 1

For those who have found that a certain brand of products works for them, I thought that I would have to buy a specific brand of products for my family due to our skin sensivities. The first brand that I found was more expensive than most and, having 4 kids this was going to cost us a significant amount of money. After experiencing a severe break-out of eczema, I looked through the products that we were using and discovered that a new hair product we were using contained something none of our other products contained - PARABENS. we eliminated the product, and my hands (which had broken out) cleared up. After doing a lot of research, I found out that parabens are used in many health and beauty products and cleaning products as a preservative and they can cause an allergic reaction in some people. I started looking at less expensive products that were paraben-free and have had great success with those (including the Target brand lotion comparable to Aveeno). I also recently discovered Albolene (a facial cleanser) that is a moisturizer and recommended for the treatment of eczema. It works great on those spots that occasionally breakout, despite avoiding triggers.

13 41

I was wondering if anyone would mention Renew!! Its a fabulous product and if you are interested in the lotion I will tell you there is also a body wash and bath oil that will help even the worse cases. My son is adopted and his biological mother did meth while she was preg. He is SUPER sensitive to anything with chemicals in it. We were introduced to the company that developed and makes and now our entire house is chemical free and healthy!

13 25

Cassi: If you can't use coconut oil, you could also add it to olive oil. It will just be runny-er. :)

58 42

Eliminating food allergies are important in combatting ezcema, but I do think it is important to educate yourselves in the products you use in your home. A lot of products that are in the grocery stores have known carcinogens in them like formaldehyde which give products a longer shelf life. Things like laundry detergents, fabric softeners, toothpaste, shampoos conditioners, even kids shampoos and body washes...you would be amazed. Those chemicals do not wash out of our clothes, hair, nor do they wash completely off our skin. Many of these chemicals and preservatives are linked to allergies, asthma, exzema, even cancer. This is a serious problem..our families deserve the best. I'm so thankful that I shop from a great store that eliminated these known carcinogens. I also love to help moms realize that there are products out there that really work and can help, there is a solution to these problems. They are also competative with grocery store prices. I have several people that I have referred and their children's or their own ezcema has been completely elimintated. Take a test drive and see for yourself. Everything has a 100% money back guarantee.

11
1 0

Absolutely agree! Not only eczema, but chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromialgia (spelled wrong) have been helped tremendously by switching stores to the Melaleuca safer products!!! I just heard that every 7 minutes in North America a child is taken to emergency because of household cleaners poisoning!!! Won't happen with Melaleuca! Safe and extremely effective products!

3 11

Fibromyalgia has nothing to do with chemicals. I have had fibro for about ten years and the only outside conditions that can effect it is the weather. You need to exercise and eat healthy and sometimes need different medications at different times. It was a nice try to suggest to watch your chemicals but it really doesn't help it. Sorry

4 0

I've been working with people with Fibromyalgia for a while now, and while eliminating chemicals might not help you (Amanda) get better, different things cause different problems for different people. That's why health/health care is so complicated! Anything that can help someone stay/get healthy can help with Fibromyalgia, as it can help with avoiding other health issues.

0 37

Have to agree with Amanda...my family has eaten nothing but the meat/poultry we raise...range free, no pesticides, antibiotics..etc...I've had it for 8yrs now...This topic has NOTHING to do with fibromyalgia ...and don't think it's a good idea to give people the "idea" that it came from chemicals....Amanda is totally right, the WEATHER makes a huge difference and so does stress....I agree though about the eczema.....food, chemicals, and or allergies or vitamin deficiencies do make the eczema flare up or are the cause of the problem...

1 0

Eczema is almost always caused by an allergy whether it be from food or chemicals. Taking my son off of processed foods, dairy, gluten, soy and corn has elliminated his eczema.

11
1 0

We also added organic virgin coconut oil to our diet and we now use it in place of lotion!

4 6

I agree.

1 0

I used pure aloe Vera plant and an oatmeal bath! It really works!

0 8

When using pure aloe be careful not to squeeze the leaves. They should be filleted and only the pure, clear inside should be used. The outer green part of the leaf actually contains toxins! I found a pure aloe jelly that is cold processed that contains no dyes or chemicals, it's by L'Bri. You may have a consultant locally or you can go to www.seanna.lbri.com to check it out.

18 8

Aloe is great with oatmeal bath, but in a jiffy, you can also use pure olive oil!

13 25

Carrie: I had horrible tears in between my toes from standing all day at work until I made a moisturizer with coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. I know that this has helped get rid of the problem because if I go for a few days without it, my toes will start to bother me again, but I never let it get where it was again! So glad that the Father has provided such a simple remedy!

0 0

I know not everyone can do this but we live on the beach and salt water is a miracle worker for my sons eczema. When he has a breakout we head out to the beach. It works great every time.

9
0 0

I wonder if its more the sun and the vitamin D than the salt water? We used to think it was the swimming / water but it looks like we were wrong...

0 0

For me it's the salt water. I had a patch of eczema on my leg for over a year, nothing helped it. I went to Florida for a week this summer and it cleared up within a few days of being in the salt water. I go to the beach on Lake Michigan the rest of the summer with no results. I now take baths in Dead Sea Salts (any sea salts are probably fine) to help with flair ups.

1 1

My granddaughter had extremely dry and irritated skin. They visited her other grandparents that had well water. She cleared up in a week but once she was home it came back. Did a little research and started using epsom salt in her bath water and that is what worked for us. I believe it is the chlorine in the city water that was irritating to her.

2 7

Salt water is a miracle worker. You are right. We lived in CT for years, with the swimiing in salt water..soothes the skin. gives the skin back its natural ellement..Good advice !! Smooches

10 13

when I lived at the beach my flare ups were less but nothing has helped more than cutting out gluten and LOTS of water

161 9

Ezcema is very individual, therefore the treatment for it can often be very different. You can spend a fortune on creams, washes etc with not a lot of success. What I found that definitely helped my two boys was giving them a probiotic, as ezcema is a problem from the gut which manifests as a skin problem. I also found that giving my boys fish oil to be fantastic in treating the problem. I also then used soap free washes & oils, especially ones with a combination of good oils such as almond oil, manuka honey, emu oil I would bath them for a short time, not letting them sit in the water & when their skin was bad oil them up when they were wet & fresh out of the bath. The range of products here in Australia that I found fantastic is "Graham's Natural Alternatives", developed by a father who has a son with bad ezcema. Also looking at your child's diet, as their ezcema may be a food intolerance or allergy. Their overall health is a key, my son's ezcema flared up whe his asthma did so keeping on top of his asthma helped enormously.

7
1 0

Wow! Your right on about ezcema being a gut issue!! Heal the gut and your heal the body mind and spirit! :) It really frustrates me that doctors who have little to no nutritional training completly dismiss the two being related!!

161 9

totally agree with you carrie, shame not many people know about it really, my son's flares up as soon as he stops the probiotic & fish oil!

18 0

I noticed Kefir (probiotic) really helped. You could make it yourself instead of paying $3+ for a liter in the store.

4 6

I also gave my son fish oil and probiotic yogurt as well as addressing the food allergys he had. I made the the yogurt myself and even now at 3 he prefers natural plain yogurt over the stuff from our supermarket.

0 0

I have been trying to find a fish oil capsule small enough for my 8 year old to swallow. What brand do you get and where? She has suffered with this since 2 weeks old along with asthma and allergies. This time of year in Michigan it is hard to control the symptoms and I would like to start her on the fish oil.

1 31

I have come across a product that our family takes that has literally cleared up eczema. My daughter had it, my sister had it, a coworker had it , and my friend's son had it. We are all drinking a Canadian made nutraceutical called Youth Juice. It has vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. My sister saw it clear up in about two weeks. My daughter hasn't had any rough spots for two years and my coworker saw it clear up quickly. My friend's son had it really bad and he's seen a big improvement. To me it is a natural way for the body to heal itself. If you want to try it I can give you the information on how to buy it.

7
0 0

please let me know where to get it. My daughter has suffered from it severely since she was a baby. She has tried everything over the counter and prescriptions, which will usually work a short time, and than stop. Thanks Deb

1 31

I am a believer in helping the skin by giving tools to the body internally and naturally. The youth juice is great!

0 13

my son had an excema since he was 4 months old. i change the detergent for his clothes,pillow,bedsheet basically anywhere he rubs his face and body on.i use Dettol shower gel to wash all of these items. I also use Organic baby bath (any brand will do,but you have to ensure no SLS in it). It works gradually and now he is much better. He just can't stand the heat. He will have these few red spots on his cheek and when the weather is better he's back to normal again.I also suggest that any pregnant women DO NOT take up so much soy in your diet while you are pregnant as i did. I drank soy almost everyday while i was pregnant since i'm so addicted to it. So,i hope this will help for worries moms out there.

0 0

Did the juice have Vitamin D in it? I'm curious as our son's eczema went away after taking a daily dose of vitamin D. Thanks!

135 55

My daughter had some eczema going on earlier this year. She was mostly breastfed, though on some solids at that time. After trying to eliminate dairy and wheat from my diet, I tried eliminating peanuts and her skin started clearing up! So, peanuts are her trigger. A lot of eczema can be related to a food allergy, so it might be good to check that angle also. Life is so much nicer when one can treat the cause, instead of just taking care of the symptoms. Good luck!

5
0 0

When we went dairy-free my youngest liked almond milk best. She was known for having a runny nose all the time. We bought rice milk accidentally one time instead of the almond milk & her runny nose cleared up within a day! The first time in her life she didn't have a runny nose! Turns out she has a severe peanut allergy.

0 0

put a humidifier in the room- it was a huge help!

4
0 0

depends what is causing the problems.

1 2

I have suffered from eczema for many many years and have had horrible hand eczema so bad I couldn't even tell you. My daughter started getting it on her legs and feet. I had tried everything possible from dermatologist prescriptions to apple cider vinegar and creams. Until we completely changed our body and hair care products about a year ago and it's completely gone from both of us. The only time we have little flair ups is when we use commercial skin products at a friends house. Hand sanitizer with alcohol makes my hand eczema flair up pretty quickly and regular sunblock does too.
Here are some of the all natural products we are now using. Most of them we discovered on the Skin Deep list of products on the Environmental Working Group. Www.ewg.org

All of these products are fragrance free
Hair care... tates all natural shampoo and conditioner
Hand soaps...Dr Bronners baby Castille liquid soap
Hand sanitizer...anything by CleanWell

When we have little flair ups we use either pure aloe Vera or an ointment called Neem

Good luck! Eczema is no fun and most Drs will tell you there is no cure, buts it's funny that just changing to all natural products and we don't have it anymore!
Lotion...pure coconut oil
Sunblock...loving naturals sunscreen or something similar

4
0 20

I'm hoping your hand recommendations work...

0 1

Michelle, your problem sounds so similar to mine. Have you looked to see if parabens may be your problem? I found that just eliminating products containing these, without having to spend extra money on all natural, works for my family. Also, sadly, many of the "natural" products still contain parabens to preserve the natural ingredients, so I found that I have to be careful with natural products also.

2 0

I have seen amazing results from using Arbonne ABC baby products...it works on adults, too! Their products are all pure, safe and beneficial and botanically based....Vegan, too! You can use the wash, lotion or oil or combination of all three. You can contact me if you would like to learn more...you can get their products in Canada, US, UK or Australia.

4
0 0

wow I read through more or less every response and its clear to see that eczema does not have a 'one cure for all'. My son developed eczema when he was a couple of months old, at 3 weeks old he fell seriously ill with septaceamia caused by a urine infection, the antibiotics he received completely zapped him of his good gut flora, I was unaware of this at the time, unfortunately many things were wrong including lack of help from professionals, suffice to say it was a chain of events that led to this situation, including let downs by midwifes, health visitor and GPs. Being a nurse myself, I was just confused by the experience as this was my first child too. Anyways, at 4 he had a severe allergic reaction which caused his whole face an throat to swell up, again no help from GP, I was told to give him antihistamine which I didnt have, so had to ice his face and get him to suck on ice. At 5 he developed asthma and hayfever, and we later discovered his allergy was to nuts, this was confirmed by allergy tests done, however I am sceptical of those too, as he was told he was allergic to cats and dogs, tree nuts and grasses, yet he can eat coconuts and almonds and has been around cats and dogs with no effect. I have to say the eczema wasnt hereditary. We had the prescription creams and steroids, and none of it helped, some creams made it worse. I immediately looked to alternative medicines and tried nearly everything out there . They were all able to make the eczema worse but not cure it.
We eventually took him toSouth India for Ayurvedic treatment, it was monsoon season so the humidity opened up his skin pores. He swam in the sea which was amazingly clear. The next day his eczema had completely disappeared!! If I hadnt seen it I would not have believed it. His eczema had been very severe, where he would scratch to the point of bleedin, his neck was the worse, as he had easy acess to it, his skin would crack thru all the layers of skin and weep continuously, this meant he also lost time at school. Now I use shea butter, by l'occitane and weleda products, all natural too. With the alternative meds I had to cut out wheat and dairy, it made no difference, he was on buffalo milk, goats milk, soya milk all organic and no change. What I think triggered off the eczema was the fact that after coming out of the hospital my health visitor pushed for my son to have his vaccinations at 8 weeks. This further affected his immune system, and I also discovered that at that time, 2001 a peanut oil was used in the manufacture of vaccinations, which would explain his allergies and the screwed immune system allowed for asthma and hayfever to develop too. We also need to realise dairy, wheat, soya, even eggs are not what they used to be, everything is messed around with to make it pest resistant, or the animal feeds are not what they used to be this all goes into our bodies, along with more and more vaccinations, antibacterial, etc etc we need to get back to basics and organic where we can afford it. I think everyones treatments work for them altho I would stay away from steroids unless the eczema is at a point that is unmanageable. Try everything you can search the internet for other advice, I used to use Aalgo which is powdered seaweed you put in the bath and soak for half hour and that would immediately close up the skin and start healing. Vitamins, probiotics all help, homeopathy and acupuncture helped too, more so with his hayfever and asthma, but it always comes down to money too, nothing unfortunately is cheap. But I feel his eczema has been more or less cured, its now a behavioural issue when hes upset, or worried etc he scratches. But I think there is a cure for everything you just have to find it. Good luck to everyone!!

3
0 0

hi geeta...my son have very bad eczema,tried evrythg...i am planning to take him to india..any suggestions/advice would be helpful

0 0

Hi Maneka. I took my son to Kerala, October time as this was the monsoon season and it opens up the skins pores to allow the skin to breath more. I saw 4 ayurvedic doctors and only one made sense the others all gave me different bottles of liquids and creams and didnt explain what was in them really. One doctor at one of the hotels we stayed in because a lot of the hotels in Kerala have ayurvedic treatments and doctors attached. He was very simple with his treatment, he said to have tumeric in milk and gave me an ayurvedic cream which is only available in India but it works like a steroid cream without the side effects. Trust me I made many attempts to have it sent down, but to no avail, even family in Delhi couldnt find it so I assume its only something available in the south of India. Please contact me on gita@introspect.org.uk, to further discuss the type of eczema your child has, because this year my son had a very bad flare up with all his symptoms and acupunture is helping. Also I have found that a lot of children and adults are allergic not to milk but the pasteurisation process which changes the proteins in milk. Many people are having milk which is fresh from the cow as such and have not had any allergic reactions and instead have had all their symptoms go. Please contact me as it is important to find out if this is hereditary eczema or the by product of antibiotics/vaccinations. speak to you soon and take care x

0 0

Hola Moms,

I have 2 children, a baby 2 months old and a lilttle baby girl 2 years old. My baby boy had eczema i tried everything that didn't work UNTIL I found this AWESOME NATURAL oils from doTERRA, The one I recommend the most is Clear Skin Topical Blend Roll-on it works perfect and it is so soft that is safe for baby's skin. I use Lavender too and it really works. I love oils because they are natural and do not have any side effects. All of us moms should absolutely look for natural ways to take care of our children. If you are interested in buying or learning more about the oils go to doterra-escessential-oils.com. Good luck girls!! Let me know if you have any questions :)

3
1 0

Go one step further....check out Melaleuca, the Wellness Company. Removing toxic chemicals from the home in cleaning supplies and laundry products makes a huge difference.

0 0

My husband had eczema on his chest and could not get rid of it. I used Renew Lotion by Melaleuca and within a week, it was gone!! I have since joined the company, and have tons of testimonies from people with eczema and a lot of them were their children, and this has cleared it up when nothing else worked. Have pictures to show the results.

3
1 0

Couldn't agree more!!!!! Just had a gal with eczema on her face from her foundation and skin care products. Switched to Melaleuca and is raving about the products!

Profile Picture
0 0

What worked wonders for us was finding out it was an allergic reaction ... I found out my son was allergic to eggs and that was his reaction. I'm so glad I found out when his reactions were minor - he's had eggs, inadvertently, since and has a much bigger reaction. So I suggest that parents get their kids tested or try eliminating foods temporarily to see if that helps.

3
0 0

I was not aware until recently that it can be triggered from food allergies. My son is allergic to a lot of foods,( corn, all the berries, shrimp) just to name a few. Also, I thank God for the detergents and softner with no dye.

3
3 16

The best remedy is Renew Ingensive Skin Therapy. It is Clinically proven moisturizing lotion that Relieves and Prevents Severely Dry Skin, (Eczema) and provides immediate and long-lasting relief leaving skin softer and healthier feeling.

Also, it is so very important to remove the toxic chemcials from our homes such as our cleaning products and of course laundry products and even personal care products.

Our skin is our biggest organ and all these chemicals can actually be absorbed through our skin.

Happy to talk to anyone about this.
Shirley

3
1 0

I have been with Melaleuca, the Wellness Company for 15 years and have seen amazing results. Melaleuca is a replacement shopping system whereby one can order direct from the manufacturer. You can remove all the harmful chemicals out of your home and use safer, cost effective products. We have safe and effective laundry products, safe and effective cleaning products, also s&e bath and body , dental, s&e skin care and cosmetics. A whole division of vitality for life products....go to my website: www.sylviawill.tellmethestory.com . The user name and password is "story". click on the wellness presentation, click on either USA or Canada, go to option 2 and click on the "slides and videos" presentation. Then call me and I can talk further. Don't suffer any longer!!!!! So many people have had relief for so many things.....go to the product story site and read the testimonies. We have over 350 products and 50 of them are PATENTED!

3
1 0

I have been using Melaleuca products six 2006. I love the products I use including Renew lotion. I use the laundry line all the time and cleaning products. It was definitely worth the switch. I wish my husband would use Renew on his feet. Also love Melagel wouldn't be without it. Glad to see people on Circle of Moms using Melaleuca products.

93 5

At the risk of being called stupid, here goes.- If you cut out wheat what do you substitute it with. For instance if I tell the educare no bread, i need to r send something else in it's place?
For the cheeky ones. I do know how to avoid dairy lol.

3
1 0

Your not stupid!! For my family to heal our bodies we went on the Gut and Psychology syndrome way of eating by Dr. Natasha Campbell Mcbride which was grain free for a while but now we do eat some grain products such as rice, sorgham and quinoa products. Thankfully we live in a time where more and more people are seeing that their health issues are related or aggrivated by gluten so there are a lot more gluten free products out there to buy. Just remember that just because it's gluten free doesn't meen it's heathy! Start following some gluten free blogs or fb sights for more information. Good luck! :)

93 5

Thanks Carrie, that helps

0 0

It's a life-changer to make this change, but we found it so beneficial it has been completely worth it. To substitute wheat, look for gluten-free breads (white rice is probably the closest to regular white bread taste-wise). It will be frozen & is best defrosted right before being eaten (microwave for about 20 seconds, then let cool for a few) Gluten holds in moisture & breads without it dry out FAST. I actually just send my kids with gluten-free crackers, deli slices & dairy-free cheese like a mock lunchables kit. Check out sites about Celiac disease for more info on gluten-free living. Milk can be substituted with rice milk, soy milk (but soy is an allergen, so be on the lookout for symptoms), almond milk (ditto the almonds as they can be an allergen). So Delicious makes great yogurt substitutes & frozen desserts. I prefer Willow Run for butter substitute when baking and Earth Balance when spreading (look for "parve" on butter substitutes). Take caution when trying to find a cheese substitute ... that one's tricky. We were successfull with Daiaya shredds. www.godairyfree.org has some good suggestions & recipes. Keep in mind by removing these things certain nutrients may be removed too (calcium & vitamin D in the dairy, for instance). So be sure to do your research and consult nutritionist/pediatrician.

93 5

Wow, Jana, that was an interesting read. I am definitaly looking out for the stuff you mentioned. Thanks a ton

16 0

For my son, we buy a rice bread mix at the health food store & grandma bakes him homemade rice bread every few weeks. It tastes "ok" straight, but better toasted. We tried some of the gluten free breads, but they are so expensive & he didn't like the flavor of the ones we tried. We also had to limit his cereals to Kix, Lucky Charms, Rice Chex & Rice Crispies. Most of the others have wheat or soy added. At activities where snacks are provided, we just always bring a container/baggie of something he can eat that is rice or corn based.

Profile Picture
2 12

My daughter has severe eczema head-to-toe and the only things that help are 1. steroid creams (triamcinolone is what we are on now) 2. soaking in the tub every night for at least 20 minutes. Contrary to popular belief, WARM WATER IS FINE! I always used cool water and when her allergist said to use regular warm bath water I was surprised it worked! :) Nights when we don't have time to do a 20 minute soak + a bath we have her run around in her older brothers soaked t-shirt so she is still getting the constant moisture. 3. Free & Clear laundry detergent + a second rinse cycle. 4. Baby Cetaphil to wash her body and we only use it twice a week.

3
Profile Picture
0 20

This is my experience too (along with eliminating foods she is allergic too). Warm water - soaking in tub, tapping her kinda dry and then slapping cream on her. Then I only have to use the steriod for the really bad breakout spots. I haven't solved the hands yet though; I can't seem to ever get on top of the skin breaking open on her hands. Her hands are getting worse as she ages.

Profile Picture
0 26

How about vaseline on her hands....cover with socks at night. Just a thought...

Profile Picture
1 0

Please, please search out the Melaleuca, the Wellness Company products. She will have total relief using the Renew Intensive Skin Therapy. She won't need steroid cream....these products are SAFE for her body....Melaleuca has a patented 6x Mela Power laundry that is absolutely safe for her sheets and clothes etc. Also body wash that is wonderful, effective and SAFE!

Profile Picture
1 0

I hardly post, but i am with Sylvia on this> Please look at Melaleuca as a company. I was using Free and Clear Detergents too, but they are only free from dye and fragrance, NOT harmful chemicals. I started using Melaleuca's products in January and my 4yo daughter even puts the Renew lotion on herself and loves it! Added bonus: she likes to help clean and all of the products are safe for her to help me! If you only knew what ws in your cleaners you would know why the skin reactions. Some people have food allergies too, but when you get the toxins out of your home it takes the load off your immune system so your body can fight better. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! Its so awesome to me when families experience the difference and save money with Melaleuca.

Profile Picture
0 0

Melaleuca's products have made a huge difference for our family and many of our friends. RENEW Intensive Skin Therapy is amazing.....but the other products also made a huge difference as well. Since the laundry detergent is free of harmful chemicals....clothes, sheets, towels no longer aggravate sensitive skin. And the cleaning products (also with the ph of water) keep chemicals out of the air and out of "touch" on surfaces. It all made and continues to make a difference in all our lives.

Profile Picture
0 0

We also do chlorine baths, quarter cup of bleach in a half bath or half cup of bleach in a full bath, two to three times a week. It is amazing how the skin look so much better just after 20 minutes in the tub.

1 21

I've found that eczema is usually caused by the chemicals in shampoos, body washes and washing powders. Chemicals like Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Propylene Glycol, DEA, TEA and numerous others.
Sodium Lauryl Sulphate is actually used in laboratory testing to cause skin irritations and rashes and yet are one of the main ingredients in the products that we use on our skin every day.
I've seen so many people change brands and their eczema has cleared up within a week.
Anyone that would like to know more, please pm me.

2
8 8

when shampoo's had that awful pro vitamin B5 in it, it was awful for me , i would scratch my head red raw, at the time nearly every hair care company was sticking it in their products and i spent months looking for an alternative, you must add that on to your list x

0 0

that is contact eczema.

0 0

I agree with all who recommend Renew lotion from Melaleuca. It has does wonders for both my children's eczema as well as me and my husbands dry skin.All of their products are amazing. They offer a very easy, cost effective way to convert your home to a chemical, toxin free enviornment which is great for the family as a whole. They are the best products I have ever used and I will never use anything else. I have been a healthcare professional for over 20 years and recommend Melaleuca to all of my patients. If you want to know more e-mail me at spniezen@wedeliverwellness.com.

2
1 0

I'm so glad to see others on here using Melaleuca products.

4 16

Do not neglect having your childs thyroid checked especially if the eczema started at birth, like me. I have food sensitivity to corn but that presents as canker sores. B vitamins and essential fatty acids found in deep water fish are also helpful. Once my low thyroid was finally addressed my eczema disappeared.....

2
0 0

what did you do for low thyroid?

0 12

What you wear can also cause eczema, too.
I am 62 yrs. old & have suffered from it for years.
I went to an allergist & found out I was alleric to nickel...e.g. costume jewellery, watch bands, bra hooks, even the snaps on jeans
As long as I stay away from these items there, there is no eczema
Something to keep in mind

2
6 14

My sister's eczema was caused by nickel too! It's kind of a strange allergy, but once you know what it is, nicket is not too hard to avoid. (By the way, my mom used to sew little patches over the jean snaps so the nicket would not directly touch her skin.)

0 0

yes I agree, our story is that my son with severe eczema and food allergies to almost everything with everyone suffering due to severe lack of sleep for the whole family and desperation to offer some comfort to him we seached for something to help us we found originally a silk body suit smoother than cotton that was a waste of time, washing left it shapeless. my friend then found another suit to help my son from intense itching. W e dress him in at night, his hands are coved{ or you can easily remove them if you wish] and his feet{which you can also remove},my son doesnt mind wearing it which i was surprised by. we find that it helps to lock in the emolliants in the most important areas that he flares in. the suit is called avatal -blue care. it can be washed at 60 degrees and its better than silk.no buttons or itchy seems we find his skin has calmed by morning. we still have bad flares but nothing like before the suit.

0 5

My son and daughter suffer from asthma, food allergies and eczema. My daughter has a rougher time with eczema, just recently, while in the Allergist's office, I read an article that suggested putting a handful of sea salt in their bath water everynight. So this will be our next venture...

2
1 0

please check out Melaleuca, the Wellness Company. Removing all the toxic chemicals from your home in household cleaners and laundry system makes a HUGE difference. Then Renew Intensive Skin Therapy has completely healed many, many eczemas!

0 1

Where do you purchase the Renew skin therapy?

1 0

Go to Melaleuca.com. Sylvia Simpson Wilcox also posted information on previous comment up above. The products are worth it. My mother in law loves lotion and has been using only Renew since 2006. Good luck to you.

22 1

From many years experience w/ Moms and their kids w/ food intolerances... eczema has cleared up almost 100% of the time when going through an elimination diet. Milk and wheat/gluten being the biggest culprits. You must eliminate it for at least 2 weeks before saying it doesn't work... journal the food and symptoms for one month... paying attention to other things besides the skin - attitude, digestion, nasal, etc. Then after one month go back and read the journal and you can just about nail what it is they are "allergic" to. Itchy skin sucks and they don't have to suffer!!! You are the only advocate for your child - plus your life will improve if your kiddo's does :) It's hard to do an elimination diet but it's worth it. FYI: there are blood tests available as well to determine intolerances but they can be cost prohibitive (about $200). Google elimination diet for more tips.

2
0 0

i agree with you Christine, my daughter had bad eczema and you can keep treating the eczema with creams or wash or by using sensitive clothes washes but you will continue to have flare ups . As a parent it is our responsibility to find out what is the culprit and really no one else knows better than the parents what exactly our child is eating ! Once we did the elimination thing we worked out that our daughter is allergic to dairy and eggs and intollerant to soy . She now drinks rice milk, has no pains in the belly and has a better nights sleep too and is less irritable! she is now 3 and a half and will tell people what she can and can't have and she can now relate having something she shouldn't have with how her belly feels and getting itchy . She is like a different child - try this it might just work for your child and lets face it eczema is awful to live with so anything is worth a try if you wan't to get relief for your child : )

Profile Picture
2 4

Excema is a symptom not the illness,look at diet ,emotional and environmental factors[healng from a Eurpean Doctor of Natural medicine... not recognised in Aust.]. Zinc and castor ol nappy cream ,no parabens is soothing healing[zinc] and cheap.

2
Profile Picture
0 6

Our family has severe dry skin and eczema. We are careful what we eat and we also use Virgin Coconut Oil on our skin at the end of our showers. The oil can be used for cooking as well, but I don't do too much with using it for cooking unless I'm grilling some chicken. The oil is great on my skin, I use my soap in the shower as normal and then I rub about a quarter size of it into my skin and run warm water over it afterwards to remove any excess. It leaves my skin soft all day :)

2
0 13

my son had very bad eczema due to food allergies. we took him to a dermatologist who gave us a great remedy. Most pharmacies (even Discem) sells the soap and cream. The soap is called SAFARI Soap. It is an anti bacterial soap and the then CREME CLASSIQUE, cream. If the eczema is bad wash with the cream aswell and short baths. The hot water in the bath makes it worse. You can ask your doctor for Advantan good cortisone ointment. Good luck !!!

2
0 5

Desitan diaper rash cream heals real fast . Unbelievably fast!!!

0 0

I sell Baltic amber teething necklaces and lots of moms are buying them for exzema, and giving great reviews. there is an adult range too:-)

93 5

Getting the soap and cream tomorrow. Don't worry will check with doc first. hanks

2 8

We use hazelwood for my son and it worked great! I recommend Hazelaid.com

1
2 2

My daughter and I both have eczema-prone skin and my primary treatment is figuring out the specific causes and triggers. Egg causes eczema breakouts in both of us. We avoid all sulphates in shampoos and body cleansers and only use hypo-allergenic laundry products. Moisturisers and sunscreens are also problematic. We use Alpha Keri Oil and Pawpaw ointment for moisturisers and Banana Boat toddler sunscreen.
All of that is enough to keep my daughter's skin symptom-free, but for persistent, uncontrollably itchy breakouts on me, I have mild and strong cortisone ointments. I try to keep them for occasional use.

1
0 2

My 5 year old son has been battling chronic eczema his entire life. We have been to both allergists and dermatologists, and still have not found a miracle cure. He is allergic to peanuts, tree pollen, cats, dogs and mold. Our daily routine: morning, steroid cream then aquaphor, bath at night, followed by another round of steroid cream and aquaphor, and zurtec before bed. This is sort of controlling the infection, but not stopping the itching, and as soon as we stop, it flares up again. It is so frustrating! We use free and clear laundry detergents, and kiss my face hand soap and hair wash. Cotton clothing too! I have celiac, (an auto immune gluten intolerance) and low thyroid, my son was tested and does not have either. However after reading some of your posts, I think we may revisit this, as a possible culprit. Thanks!

1
31 68

Did the allergist recommend an elimination diet? If not, you may want to find one that does. I read in webMD that allergy tests should no longer be relied exclusively to determine food allergies. The food challenge is much more accurate. Your son sounds like he is reacting to something, like my son was. We determined his food triggers, through an elimination diet and switched to soap nuts for laundry as they are allergy free and super sensitive for the skin. Good luck!

0 2

Thanks for the comments Jennifer. What did you determine his food triggers to be? I will look into soap nuts, I assume they are nut free? :)

10 1

The best is to find out what's causing the eczema (most likely food allergies or sensitivities) Take your child to an allergist (not dermatologist) and get an allergy test, then try eliminating food from the diet. Milk and wheat are the two biggest culprits. To sooth my son's eczema while we were trying to figure it out, we used pure Emu oil. It is supposed to be the closest thing to human oil.

Anything with fragrance is bad. Another thing that really works is using a damp (wrung out as much as possible) footed cotton jammie, and put a dry one over the damp one. It keeps the skin moist for much longer than any lotion or oil out there. My son benefited from this treatment the most.

1
18 8

I've had eczema for many, many years myself (still expecting and fingers crossed, baby won't have eczema!) But speaking as someone who is highly sensitive to many different products, here is what I recommend:

Eliminate anything products that touch child's skin that has any fragrances in it, including fabric detergents, shampoos, bath soaps, handsoaps, bedsheets and clothing should be washed with detergents made for sensitive skin etc.

Parents should be aware of is that different people are sensitive to different kinds of products, so really read the labels very carefully. Even highly natural products could potentially contain something that your kid is allergic to, i.e. maybe your kid is allergic to sunflower oil and many products contain sunflower oil. I usually opt for products that are closer to 100% of one ingredient because then I have peace of mind of knowing what is in it.

To treat flare-ups:
I use Aveeno oatmeal or any drugstore equivalent directly in the shower - just rub it into a paste and apply directly to the skin. For a little more moisturizing, mix with 100% olive oil and then apply to the skin (and only if you know your child does not have any allergies to oatmeal or olives). You can do the olive oil/oatmeal treatment once a week, but apply oatmeal daily. There's no need to do an oatmeal bath, best to apply a thick paste to the skin.
Oatmeal has to be applied to the skin every day, until the skin appears to calm down, otherwise it doesn't really have an effect.

After treating with oatmeal, immediately follow up with 1% hydrocortisone (this is the mildest formula) and then moisturize. It's always best to moisturize after a bath, this is when the skin will take it the best.

For daily washing:
Skin cleanser - I use only Cetaphil (or any drugstore equivalent is OK) for skin cleansing.
For shampoos: most shampoos are usually a combination of different chemicals, and include sulfates. So, the only shampoo I trust is Alaffia's Shea butter shampoo (and you can get a huge bottle pump of this at Whole Foods).
Also: make sure the water temperature is not superhot, water should only be lukewarm because otherwise it will strip the skin of natural moisture.

For moisturizing:
For all over body, I use Eucerin Intensive Care, it is thick and good enough for day time.
For face, I prep with 100% Hyaluronic Acid. HA is actually something that the skin naturally produces to retain moisture so you can have no fear of any allergic reaction. I usually follow up with Cerave PM facial moisturizer if my skin is feeling really sensitive and then just a drop of Eucerin Intensive Care. I also use Clinique, although you may that use this on your young kids.

Diet:
I agree with Jana DeLuna... I personally try to keep a low-meat diet, only allow about 1 to 2 times per week. It's important to be heavy on vegetables, fruit and for carbs, brown rice or quinoa is best. As I teenager, I think I had the best skin and lesser flareups because I opted for vegetarian options most of the time.
Sometimes it may not be possible to eliminate dairy or gluten (these are in everything!) but if you can choose to eliminate one of these as well as decrease meat intake, it should be very helpful.

Scratching:
Clearly, it can be very bothersome for a child to have eczema and also difficult not to scratch. Keep fingernails short as much as possible.

1
4 56

My 9 year old daughter and I both have it, and it is tough at times. I give her burts bees hand salve, which takes away the dryness. I also use Natralia eczema and psoriasis cream, and it really helps!!!

1
13 6

Find out the root cause of what's causing the eczema. Bioresonance therapy is one means of effectively testing and treating childhood eczema. It is great to get feedback from others about short term relief, but you still need to treat the underlying cause.

1
8 6

Oats r the best thing, completely natural and cheap and unlike chemical based creams your babies skin won't become used to it and stop working. Just place like 1/2 cup oats in a stocking and wash them in the bath with it everyday. But have ezema also means they have sensative skin which means you will need to change to a natural wahing powder, 100% cotton sheets, pram linner and there cloths (depending on the material) will irritate there skin in particulaly those spots so i would say its most likely there cloths/washing powder but best thing to do is use these things in conjuction with NO dairy! :) My daughter had exema from birth and i did these things she is now 2 1/2 and she completely grew out of it by the time she was 1 1/2. :)

1
31 68

Oats are great, just be sure they are gluten free. Otherwise if your child is sensitive to gluten, it could aggravate the skin.

9 1

My 4 year old daughter has had eczema since she was about 1 years old. We go to a specialist for dermatology and when she has horrible flar ups we use a special cream that they gave us. But they also have recommend a special lotion that you can order off line. It is like works wonders. I can not remember the name of it now but when I get home today after work I will look and post the name. The doctors recommend no bubble baths, the kids can take a bath or shower every night and do not towel dry them either pat them dry or let them air dry but right after the bath you are to slather them in the lotion so that the skin soaks it up. You can also take and give them a bleach bath bc it is suppose to be like swimming in a pool w chlorine but call the doctor to ask what parts per amount of bleach to water ratio that you would use. The doctor also said to use All Free and Clear and no fabric softener on any of the child's clothing or bedding. They also said to have the child wear breathable clothing and nothing too tight that traps in sweat and moisture. I hope this all helps.

1
5 0

By rubbing on clortrimazole. It works for me since i was 16. Couldnt afford a small tube of prescription, so i found going to the 99cent store, their brand, totally helps. So i bought tubes and tubes. Best is to wash the area with water and vinegar (1part vinegar and 4parts water), pat dry, and spread on ointment. Always always moitsurize the area heavily (like aveeno, neutrogena,jason, etc) to prevent any intchies. And cutting out any food is not the case. My flare ups usually are caused by lack of moisture. Since i live in cali, im always wearing flipflops. So my foot with the eczema, Itches more often coz it drys out quick.

1
13 0

Renew has been tested against its strongest competitor to find out whether or not it is the absolute best. Tested by a world-renowned research facility in the most demanding of environments, the results exceeded all expectations. Renew outperformed, outlasted, and flat out beat Eucerin in a dry skin clinical study. It is strongly believed that Renew is the last dry skin therapy you’ll need - ideal for Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosecea and cold harsh climates. Melaleuca will guarantee the results. If after using Renew for 60 days you aren’t completely satisfied, simply return Renew to Melaleuca and they will be happy to credit your account. Email me at susan@wedeliverwellness.com if you need any assistance.