Mom to Mom, what would you like to ask the First Lady about being a mom in the White House?

How do you keep your daughters grounded while living in the White House? Are you and the President able to have date nights? What did you get this year for Mother's Day? Michelle Obama is answering questions from Circle of Moms and POPSUGAR members this week. What would you like to ask her?

6 12

I would ask her why as a mother of a little girl it is so hard to get assistance with health care when you are being honest. It's seems there are so many people out there abusing the system and getting all kinds of assistance but when I am honest and give all the correct info I get denied or have to pay, WTF!!??

8
0 10

As a mother of four, two boys and two girls, I'm bothered by the new standards that are regulated by the Federal Gov't and were suggested by you in reference to our children's lunches in school. To be honest, all four of my children eat differently and I find it hard to think I could make a decision based on the way my own children eat. As a mother of two girls, how do you come up with a decision on what boys can eat and how much? Not that its a surprise but I have been packing my children's lunch this year b/c they are not getting enough food to eat. My 16 year old son is starving when he gets home at 6 p.m. after practice where my 12 year old daughter is needing a snack to tide her over til supper. On a completely different note, my mother is a retired manager of a school cafeteria, and hated to see a snow day come by b/c she knew there would be children who would not eat again until school was back in. Why can't we just cook meals like they used to when I was in school (way back when LOL!!)?????

8
4 30

This is what I and a whole bunch of mother's in my area would ask.

235 30

I purchase hot lunch for my children and my daughter has been taking extra food to school because she's not getting enough to eat. She is only in the 48th percentile for weight so she is not even close to being obese.

5 0

WOW! I am amazed at the negativity that so many women are expressing here. She has not mandated behavior for raising your children, nor has she mandated any other issue. She has made suggestions. This is still a free country. I lived in Poland in the 70's as a child, people's lives were very restricted. I remember waiting in bread lines with family friends. I also had the opportunity to travel to countries with less than we have here, my father worked at American schools overseas. WE have so much in this country and we do not know how to pay attention to the important things in life. Instead we want to quibble about absurd things. Can we make sure that all children in this country get the nutrition, safe lives and support that they need? Do we take care of those who struggle to just move from hour to hour?
As a mom, I would ask Michelle how she does balance out the craziness of being in the spotlight in a country that focuses on trivialities with creating a strong sense of self for her girls. How is she helping them to develop into strong, smart, and sensible girls?

6
0 20

Liz, you must not be paying attention to what is happening to our freedoms in this country, since you have no clue about the HUGE problems with the incredible spending that is weakening the greatest country in the world, I guess the saying Ignorance is bliss applies to the sheep out there stilll singing Obama's praises.

5 0

This is quickly devolving into an argument that has no basis in reality. So very sad that you feel we have lost freedoms during Obama's term. We lost the ability to comment about the war in the middle east during George's term but we can comment all we want about Obama's actions. the press had less access during Bush's term but Obama has opened up the channels of communication. And I am not going to argue about economics here as i do not see any facts presented in your arguments, Jayne. I see emotional tirades. I thought that this was a thoughtful place to talk about the challenges of being a mom. Not sure when it became a place to explode about issues with very little basis in fact. I have followed the facts from reliable sources. And Obama is not perfect, but he is trying to do a job in a climate of absurdity. 'Nuff said. I work in healthcare and I see the crime of no healthcare access for many folks who could have some quality of life if they had access to something other than calling an ambulance when they are suffering. And these are folks who work 60 hours a week at low paying jobs, housecleaning, retail, waittressing etc. Americans who work their lives away for very little. Jayne, try to get a balanced picture of what is happening rather than getting your information from one source. And please speak with respect. I am trying hard to do so but struggling with all the anger coming out here. We have the liberty of access to these blogs. What freedoms have we lost? None that I can see and I do not exist at a high level economically. I am in the true middle class, perhaps on the low end by some definitions.

5 0

Jayne, One more quick comment before I leave this for work. This is about Michelle Obama as a mom in the White House. I may have disagreed with Laura Bush's husband's politics and actions but I still respected her as a woman who comported herself with dignity. I feel that Michelle has done so as well, all while being attacked by folks who cannot seem to see person in the public eye without the lense of distortion. Thank you. Let's please respect each other and stop the attacks.

0 20

Why do Libs always bring up Bush who is no longer a President to try to make allowances for Obama's disastrous policies?!! That is a mystery to me!

0 0

Liz, it's hard to talk about something positive when Michelle is an influence on the President. She surely knows the how bad this economy is and the borrowed huge debt we are faced with. No, you can't blame it on Bush. I certainly wouldn't want my children growing up with this to look forward in their future. So these are very serious issues parents and children face. If Michelle wanted to be a good Mom and first lady, she would see the dangers facing her and our children if policy's are not changed soon.

0 13

Liz, that was very well said.

235 30

Michelle Obama did more than make suggestions. She changed the whole school lunch program and Americans had no vote in the matter. Should the majority of American children eat better? Without a doubt the answer is yes, but I don't believe the government has the right to decide what OUR children can eat. In this country we are supposed to have the freedom to choose for ourselves. I strongly resent those in a certain political party that think that they know what's best for everyone and abuse their power to impose their will on everyone else. This is why we revolted against Great Britain in 1776. Also President Obama keeps plenty from the public. Unfortunately the things that should be kept secret for the safety of our military who are putting their lives on the line to protect us from terrorists, have been blatantly shared with the media. Specific information on how military operations are run, the specific unit numbers and names of military personnel have been shared with the media and even Hollywood all for political gain for the president, but at great risk to our military and their families. I agree that if Michelle Obama really cared about our children and their future she would be more concerned with how we'll be able to afford to buy food for our children with a trillion dollar deficit rather than deciding what they're allowed to eat.

0 0

Liz, you should be amazed more so at the uninformed mothers on here and in this country. Michelle Obama isn't juggling anything except her next vacation spot. Learn and educate yourself on TRUE American History before chastising Informed American Patriots!

235 30

:) to Susan!

5 0

excuse me for exercising my rights as an American and I would beg to define a True history and who is a patriot. I'm out of here.

Profile Picture
0 14

I guess you can only have opinions if you think Michele is awesomely awesome and Obama walks on water and if you agree with the people on this page. Many of us who did not get mean who had other opinions were deleted. So much for freedom of speech....yep its only if you agree are you free to speak. Well thanks but no thanks...this isnt kindergarten

4
Profile Picture
0 0

YES JENNIFER. IF YOU HAVE CONSERVATIVE OPINIONS, DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS SITE. THEY ONLY POST LIBERAL THOUGHT. MANY OF US HAVE BEEN DELETED AND WE WERE VERY NICE AND REASONABLE. SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT REPRESENTING ALL MOMS AND KIDS.

Profile Picture
0 0

=( I posted for the first time since joining this site in '09 and already my comments are being DELETED!!! I'm with you Cathy!!!

Profile Picture
0 14

well, thats how they get their way. Only have one opinion and dont have to even think at all for themselves...like freakin little sheep being led to slaughter.

0 0

how did you decide whether a public or private school would be best for your daughters?

4
0 14

I'm going to take a wild guess and say because they have money and public schools suck...

0 0

To Jennifer - if we all could afford it, we'd have our kids in private schools as well...so your point is?

0 14

my point is you asked how she decided...well she has money and she wouldnt put her kids in public school. Is that not what you asked? If I was rich the choice would be obvious. If money wasnt an option you are telling me you would choose a public school?

0 14

you answered your question by telling me if we all had money....well there you go.

235 30

Even if I had money I would still send my children to public school. I think they do a good job most places and give you a diversity of kids. My friend grew up wealthy and her parents would pay for her children to go to private school if she wanted, but she is a public school teacher and her children go to public school.

2 0

OMG,firstly l would like to applaud her for doing her best,thank you....and to some of the mom/dad's on this forum,lm very worried about your anger. How can you lash out like that,is that the example u are setting for your children,l just think there is a beta way of doing things....just saying

3
5 0

Mara, I am surprised at the anger too. see my post above. I don not understand the anger. I can only assume some of it comes from the fear that has been whipped up by many of the media absurdities. So many lies out there. I do not see a country being taken over by muslims, nor do I see a woman in the white house telling us to raise our children a certain way.

0 10

I agree with you on the anger issue. I sure wish that people would back up their voice with their vote!!!

0 20

YES WE ARE OUTRAGED AS WE SEE OUR COUNTRY CRUMPLING! the people that are paying attention are the ones passionate about FREEDOM and we are losing it quickly under this administration. I will not be silenced as long as I still have my freedom of speech. I do not care what liberals will say to try to intimidate or silence me. We can not sit still and be silent anymore. Our nation is under attack.

0 0

There's is NO anger here, Just DEEP concern for our country and where it is heading for the future of our children. Please wake up and study the issues. Your children are at risk too.

235 30

People should be worried about what's going on in our country today. I really fear for our future if people don't pull their heads out of the sand. Where is our anger coming from? It's coming from our frustration over a government who keeps spending money we don't have while families are struggling to pay their bills, keep their homes and feed their children. I don't follow the media. I just know life has gotten a lot harder for our family and even my husband working 2 jobs and me working isn't cutting it. If the first lady starts with dictating to us what our children are allowed to eat, what's next? Where does it end? I didn't see anyone post anything about Muslims taking over our country so I don't know what that has to do with anything. Anyway we have a God given right to speak our opinions in this country. So far I haven't read anything disrespectful. Thomas Jefferson one of our greatest presidents, said that when the people are unhappy with their government that they have a responsibility to rise up and take action. He was a proponent of revolution. As Jennifer said we need to vote. We also need to write our elected officials and let them know when we are unhappy with decisions they make and have the courage to vote them out when they are not making decisions according to what the people want. They are supposed to represent us and what we want, not what a select few want. Our nation is in crisis. Things have never been worse in this country, except for the Great Depression and even then the deficit wasn't as big as it is now. If Michelle Obama cares about the mothers in this country she would listen to us and share those concerns with her husband.

0 0

Mara, maybe you should stop "just sayin" and learn the real reasons mother on this forum are having reactions to such a question. I'm copying, pasting and taking screen shots of my comments. People ARE Frustrated and Angry, and for GOOD Reasons! Do you not see what the Obamas are doing o Our Country??? Learn the TRUE American History of America and realize that supporting and/or voting for Obama is like a slap in the face to ALL who fought and died to protect us. I'm embarrassed FOR anyone that does not see that and so many other things.

0 0

NOT ONE BLESSED THING !!! ...Why In THE World would I ask a woman like Michelle Obama advise on ANYTHING??? She's a Racist! She has NO Class what-so-ever! Her and her Cocaine Snorting husband are spending this country into Oblivion! They are BOTH Radical Islamic Sympathizers! Christian Prayer in America is Not Okay anymore BUT Muslims can pray to Allah and we're suppose to wither away and shut up about it?!! Romney gave 4 Million dollars to Charity last year but Obama Hussein is taxing us to death and spending money we don't have. Clinton sold out America to China therefore making the economy weak but who got the blame? Bush did! Conservatives give more to charity than Liberals, that's a KNOWN FACT! Democrats are the Founders of the KKK, Black Panthers, ACORN, ACLU etc. Not to mention all the so called news medias that are sooo left wing leaning and gladly helping Obama do his dirty work. Did you know that Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican? But Libs wants to claim him to the Democrat party and it is NOT True! For Crying out Loud... It was Republicans that freed the slaves but we are called Racist because that's all a Marxist Lib has... is to holler Racist because they in FACT DO NOT KNOW TRUE AMERICAN HISTORY! There is NO Logic in wanting to change This Nation, Under GOD into a Socialist, Communist, Marxist Nation run by Big Government! WHY IS THAT Okay WITH ANYONE???!!!??? ....America gives the people that Hate us and Want us Dead, ...Millions of Dollars... but it's okay for them to burn our American Flag and Murder. Obama, from HIS OWN BOOK "Audacity Of Hope" said, "I Will Stand With The Muslims Should The Political Winds Shift In An Ugly Direction" ...and this is okay with you liberals. I'd be ashamed to be a liberal supporting or voting for that garbage! Have people lost their minds or what??? TAKE NOTE: America Is NOT One Nation Under 6% Atheist, either! Atheism: The belief that there was nothing, and nothing happened to nothing, and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything, and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits, which then turn into dinosaurs... Yeah, Makes Perfect Sense! ...NOT!!! ...And ISLAM, the so-called... Religion of Peace... Killed 80 Million Hindus... Killed 10 Million Buddhists.... Killed 60 Million Christians... Killed 270 Million Jews.... Huh! ??? ......THIS Is What Liberal Progressives Are Defending ???? !!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!! ..Michelle and Barack Barry Hussein Soetoro Obama bow down and apologies for America when America gives there country Millions on top of Millions of OUR Money and the KILL US and Burn Our Flag For It ???!!! ....Neh... I don't think I have one blessed thing I'd want to ask Michelle Hussein except WHY don't you and your husband go Hitler Up another country and leave ours alone?

2
0 0

I am SOOOOOO with you Lipstick Conservative. Michelle and Obama have got to go, if we want to keep any of our democracy. If you mothers out there want the best for your children, make sure you vote OUT Obama or your children will suffer much. Please educate yourselves quickly. Obama is a dangerous man and Michelle is an accomplice. Please be warned and wake up before its too late. Take this serious, from one mother to another.

0 0

Thank you very much, Cathy! And I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone has got to educate themselves on Obama. He does not hide that he studied Marxism etc. I will never understand why Mothers or Fathers would turn a blind eye to his Socialist Agenda. If anyone has any doubts...Ughhhh... It's Not a Good Thing. It's a VERY Bad Thing and it will Only Be Worse for OUR CHILDREN! ...WAKE UP LADIES !!! YOU ARE SMARTER THAN THIS!!

0 0

LOVE, LOVE your post!!!! Especially about kkk dems, & mlk rep; the TRUTH is out there, all you have to do is read a little and become informed =)

0 0

Thank YOU So Much, Jennifer!!! : ) ... If these liberal ladies only KNEW the TRUTH and DETAILS about what is REALLY Going On in OUR America... To "WE THE PEOPLE" ...AND knew True American History... they would be so beside themselves for even considering voting for Obama. He does not even try to hide the fact that he studied and follows Karl Marx and Joseph Stalin and other Socialist Marxist Communist. Heck, he brags about it and people just passively ignore these things. Obama and his "wife" have an agenda and all the sugar coating they're doing is by design. It scares and saddens and angers people that are informed and do Real Research with an open mind, that our country is being taken down right before our very eyes. They think it's a slam against them when we TRY to inform them of the truth. NONE of us WANT to mislead them. It's just the plain facts. I'd Love To Be Wrong about Obama..... But I'm NOT...... and neither is anyone else with cold hard facts and discernment. Thank you again, Jennifer and Cathy! : )

275 0

Right on lady. I will say this though, Marxist have saved other nations in the past. Call me crazy, but Fidel Castro, who vanished himself to Mexico and studied Marxism with a med school student, may be called evil now, but he saved Cuba from illiteracy, now they are one of the most educated "Third World" countries in the world. However, the U.S. didn't need a communist, they needed someone to help turn around the economy and to lead and protect this nation. I'm sorry we have to live this Hell right now just so we could have our first black president and appear to be progressive. That's all this country is now one big "politically correct" sham. Other countries aren't accepting of what they feel is other nation's and culture's bull shit, why should we? And I actually think Michelle is the mastermind behind it all, she is smarter than him and just hides behind his wide grin and penis, that's right we're still not progressive enough for a female president.

0 0

Why have all of my comments been deleted. They were on subject and cordial. Do you have an agenda?

2
0 14

same here Cathy. my posts and comments are gone...I guess we know what freedom of speech is...non existant

0 20

Mine were deleted too.

0 0

This must be specifically for LIBERAL MOMS and no others. SHAME ON YOU CIRCLE OF MOMS. I MAY HAVE TO DELETE YOU FROM MY SITES I LIKE AND TELL MY FRIENDS.

0 0

I usually don't go on this site, but I can't find my post ? ? ? ?

0 13

If you did not answer the question that was asked, it should have been deleted. There is no need for anyone to be disrespectful.

0 0

Shea, you are confusing "disrespect" for "the truth"

0 9

You have used your "mom powers" to create a sustainable environment "at home" for your daughters..ie garden and emphasis on local products in cooking, recycled and handmade decorations at the White House at Christmas time, etc..What would you advice moms to do to start the ball rolling at our homes, that helps set an example for our children on how we should all be better stewards for our planet?

http://climatemama.com/blog/200

1
0 0

First of all Michelle, take your husband and remove yourselves from the White House, That would help the planet 100% and America 1000%. Sorry, your husband is ruining this nation and we don't like it one bit.

235 30

What do you do when you and Barack don't agree on issues of your family or issues facing the country today? Also why are you so worried about what children in this country are eating, but don't seem to be concerned at all about your husband's smoking habit and the bad example it sets for your girls and everyone in this country, especially the children? There are still a lot more people dying from the effects of smoking than there are from poor eating habits. Why wouldn't you be trying to get rid of cigarettes or at least make it harder for children to get them? Or would that make you a hypocrite because the tobacco industry contributes heavily to your husband's campaign? I don't have anything against you personally. You seem to be a nice person, but I just don't feel you understand what's facing the women in this country today and I don't feel like you care to do anything about it.

1
0 0

I'm sorry about any typos I make in my post. I type so fast and do not proof read before posting as I should. I hope everyone can please over look them. I really do speak better than that. lol

0 0

WooHoo! You nailed it Julie! I've seen and saved so many photos of Barack AND Michelle scarfing down Hamburgars, Hotdogs... slurping down colas. Not only does he smoke, he's been known to snort cocaine and smoke pot. He has even had gay sex for trade to get his fixes with cocaine. That is NOT what we need sitting in OUR White House! He's ruining our children's futures Not to mention our elderly ...and we are all going to be elderly one day. His health plan has it so, if you are elderly and sick.... the doctors are just to leave them to die or inadvertently help speed up the process. AND this excuse for a president signed a bill 2 days after he was ignaugurated in office to legalize late term abortions. This means abortionist can and have terminated, killed, murdered babies anytime during pregnancy even and especially up to 9 months of pregnancy. If the baby is born alive, they take it to a dark room, lay it on a stainless steel table, wrapped or unwrapped in a baby blanket and let that little baby lay there and cry until it literally starves to death. If this is OKAY with ANY Liberal Mom..... Stop by here and tell me so. I want to see it with my own eyes that you think these despicable things are Okay with you! I can back up EVERYTHING I've posted too! And again...... Great post Julie!

0 0

I would ask how she reacts when her children come home from school hungry from the lack of lunch they received that day. . . . oh, no sorry - she wouldn't know anything about that. That is MY problem as a mother.
I would ask her how she deals with paying the grocery bill when every week it seems the price is higher than last. . . . oh, no sorry - that again is MY problem as a mother.
I would ask her how tough it is to find the money to dress with so much fashion. . . . oh, no sorry - again that is MY problem, shopping at the goodwill for my clothes so my kids can have new school clothes.
I would actually ask Michelle if she knows what is like to actually be a mother, to have to sacrafice anything for the betterment & well being of her children!!!!

1
0 0

My question for Michelle...Do you need some help packing?

235 30

I'm sure if Michelle Obama's girls come home from school hungry because they didn't get enough to eat that day at school, they can just go into the White House Kitchen and one of the many chefs will make them a gourmet snack anytime they want. At our house the week before payday is pretty slim pickin's.

0 5

How do you keep Barack's affection? He seem to have eyes locked on you. You looked lovely as a couple and family. How do you maintain and balance political and private life?

0
0 9

By taking lots of spendy vacations!

0 9

By taking lots of spendy vacations!

0 20

They are a fraud. It's all an illusion while he is rapidly destroying our country! Do not fall for it!'

0 0

Stick to the subject...the mess you're talking about has nothing to do with being a Mom. Why is PRESIDENT Obama's name in how Michelle is as a mother? You negative ladies are unhappy in "your own skin" and hate to see a STRONG woman having it all together. Stick with the subject....discuss politics at the poll!!!!! My question to Michelle would be "How do you manage to raise such lovely daughters among such corrupt people?" Lillie Best

2 9

I JUST WONDER HOW YOU LADIES WOULD ACT like if you were first ladies in the white house ...with so much pessimism.How much do you remember of the last 'first lady '?We are all not perfect but to only see the negatives and not even a single positive about our current president and family and what they've done and still doing..... is sheer HATE!!-no enlightenment attached!!!.you see this as an opportunity to attack them and destroy---OH WHAT A SHAME!-what good examples are you setting for your own daughters...???GUESS WHAT??I also do have tons of criticisms and questions about them but the difference between us is that i will use wisdom to express my concerns at the right place and at the right time.ANSWER THE QUESTION at stake-don't deviate from it!if you have nothing constructive to ask please keep quiet and move on!!!!thank you . Michelle Obama,how do you balance politics and mum -in -chief?

1 6

Wow!! So much anger!!! I just want to ask why are so many of you so quick to judge Mrs. Obama so harshly? Can you imagine how difficult it must be to be a mother in her position?! Being a mother in any position is never an easy job, but to do it under public scrutinization?! I can't imagine. I think that it's great that she has ideas on how to improve our children's lives. Do you really think that it comes from a bad place?! I mean really!! Whether you agree with her or not, it's obvious that her ideas are about wanting to do good for our children, not harm. What's right for your kids is different that what's right for someone else's kids. At least she cares. I think we should stop judging how she mothers her children by how her husband runs the country (whether you think he's running it into the ground or doing a great job). Politics are such a mess anyway with everyone always working against each other (but that's a different conversation). Like all of us, I'm sure she's trying to be the best mother she can. Have you ever heard the saying,"Let he (or she in this case) who is without sin cast the first stone."? I'm not religious but I think this saying sums it up pretty well.

1 6

I would ask her how she deals with the day to day struggles of being a mom? All of the activities, lessons, homework, household chores... while dealing with the microscope her and her family is under (not to mention the Secret Service)?

0 0

A plea for moms everywhere...Please look at the big picture of where this country is heading. Do you want the freedoms you enjoyed as a child to be taken from your kids? With a country deep in borrowed debt, jobs not available, and taxes going higher at the end of the year. Do you want this for your children? It doesn't have to be. Please educate yourselves for the sake of your children.

0 20

I did not know this was a liberal site but obviously it is since my posts were deleted. No more time for me to waste on this corrupted site!

0 5

Im not an American. I am a Filipino who lives in the Philippines.. I appreciated the efforts of Michelle in raising her family despite the odds of politics.. Maybe because Barack loves her so much that she was able to mutually work hand and hand for the betterment of the family.. If only our country would have the same quality of leaders, maybe the Philippines will also be progressive. Many of my countrymen have an American dream of living the way Americans do.

235 30

As busy of a job as President of the United States is, they get to do a lot of things together like travel and attend State dinners etc. My husband works 2 jobs so we rarely see him and when we do he is too tired and sore to do anything.

0 0

Add a comment

0 0

Please all you Moms out there, do not fall for the friendly smiles and happy face of the Obamas. Behind the facade are very dangerous people. You do not want your children growing up in socialism/marxism or worse. For the love of your children, vote out the Obamas.