What are the best diaper rash creams?

Please share any suggestions you have for diaper rash creams you have tried and see what other moms have recommended.

244 54

Bordeaux's Butt Paste! Smells funny but works amazing!!!!!!!!

58
6 17

It works wonders!

1 18

I think it smells lightly spicy - not dead-fishy like Desitin or Aveeno.

7 30

Boudreaux's Butt Paste Hands down. It looks like it has lots of oatmeal in it. Works wonders my children don't get rash they go straight to raw! I have found the Butt paste has worked!!!! It's not as pasty as Desitin and it's easier on the bum! Good luck!!

10 47

Boudreaux's is great and before I found Sudocrem, it was my goto guy for diaper rash but Sudocrem is WAY better. Clears up the rash within a couple of hours, seriously. Amazing stuff! You won't find it at your local drugstore, but you can get it on Amazon. I have a 125g tub that I've had since March and it's only 1/3 of the way gone. You only need a little bit, you don't have to smear it on like the others and it works super fast.

1 16

Boudreaux's Bust Paste for sure!!! I like the smell because it isn't overwhelming like some of the others. And it always does the job when needed!!

24 44

my kids are mixed so they have darker skin and when my son got his first diaper rash i used desitin and it bleached his butt white! now i only use buttpaste! it works wonders on their sensitive little backsides and doesn't bleach their skin.

18 24

I won't by anything other than Boudreaux butt paste. My son got a horriable diaper rash when we took a trip last summer. One application and the next day it was already healing up. Love it!

0 20

I LOVE Bourdreaux's Butt Paste. My son only got ONE diaper rash, and it was because of an antibiotic. We used the Butt Paste at the beginning of the day, after bath, and before bed. It's AWESOME!

0 25

Love using this stuff, it almost immediately makes the rash disappear!!! My kids scream like in pain when I have used Desitin and other creams!!

3 23

I tried Butt Paste but it is so lotion-y, and doesn't stick to the rash enough to heal it. I don't get it. Never worked for my kids. What's the secret?

5 16

Boudreauxs Butt Paste works wonders for my son. It also works on bed sores for anyone who is a caregiver for someone who is bedridden.

7 31

The greatest butt paste out there! It's like the "magic" eraser Of all diaper rash cream! Literally her rash would be gone in one use.

21 7

I love bordeaux's. Wipes off easy and now comes in organic too.

4 10

Found this stuff in 2001 when I lived in Louisiana, and I used to order it online to get it shipped to em in NC- before it was found in stores all over the place. It is the best rash cream I have ever used. It also works on eczema.

18 33

Butt Paste is the best!!

3 23

That stuff did everything but clear up the rash. I tried it again the other day and it set her bottom on fire. I couldnt get the pamper off quick enough. In my opinion , it is not for kids with really sensitive skin.

1 18

hands down butt paste. I never use anything else !!

0 10

did you know Boudreaux's Butt Paste has borax in it!

1 8

Best diaper rash med ever !

0 24

This is by far the only kind that works consistently! I get upset when my in-laws try to use Desitin on my LO because it just doesn't work as well. Plus, I laugh every time I say it out loud :)

0 0

Totally agree, Bourdeaux's Butt Paste is the best. The original has worked best for my kiddos! The Sensitive Skin version is thinner & doesn't work nearly as well.

7 1

My little guy would get diaper rashes constantly from teething. Boudreaux's worked for a little while and then it didn't. I started using Boudreaux's and then bag balm on top of it and it works great!!!!!!!!! His diaper rash would be completely gone the next morning!

39 5

Boudreaux Butt Paste SPRAY. No rubbing. We call it the "good stuff" at our house. Diaper rash is gone by the end of the day. Love that stuff!!! (And I have five kids....I have tried it ALL!)

7 7

Love the Boudreaux's Butt Paste for the diaper area, Aquaphor for my lil man's face eczema.

4 12

I used the butt paste as a preventive only and I think my son was over a year old before he ever got a rash. However when I put the paste on after he had a rash he would scream bloody murder, it burned his butt. So I used a&d ointment to clear the rash. After rash was gone it was back to butt paste to prevent rashes. Very highly recommended!!

28 8

I have used Bourdeaux Butt paste on my youngest three and wish I knew about it when I had my oldest! Works like a dream to clear up the rash quickly and without added discomfort for the babies. I recommend it to everyone and include it in most new mom showerr gifts. I even turned my Dr. onto it when a stubborn rash wouldn't clear up and with 24hrs of use Bourdeaux had cleared it up!

3 21

Our family swears by Bordeaux's Butt Paste! When the youngest had really bad diapers and a raw behind, we'd use the butt paste and by the next morning it'd be almost cleared up or all the way gone! We still use it when ever one of the kids has a sore bottom. A little goes a Long way!

235 30

So when my son was ill recently and having severe diarrhea for weeks, he got a terrible rash and our pediatrician recommended Domeboro. You can either mix up the solution and have them soak in it for 20 minutes or soak a cloth in it and lay it in their diaper for 20 minutes. It really helped. We did it 3 times a day until all the packets were gone. 12 packets come in a box and I used 1 packet for each soak. So I guess that would last about 4 days. The only bad thing is it was really hard to find. I looked in pharmacy after pharmacy and finally found it at a specialty or compounding pharmacy. At least it was only on the other side of my city so it wasn't too far to go to get it, but it did cost about $17.00 with tax for the box so definitely more pricey than most diaper creams, but all the creams we had even the ones the hospital gave us were not helping his severe rash. The pediatrician also said you can pour liquid Mylanta on their rash and that helps. So just thought I'd pass that on for anyone whose child's rash is beyond severe, like bleeding severe, like my son's was.

235 30

So my son has had a lot of g.i. problems, partly due to illness and partly due to so many antibiotics from other illnesses. When he has diarrhea several times a day he gets this horrendous rash in the diaper area and down his legs and no cream does anything. So my pediatrician told me about a product called Domeboro. It's over the counter in the pharmacy, but not all pharmacies carry it. I've found it so far at Jolley's (a compounding pharmacy) and Walgreens. It works very quickly. It's a powder, smells a bit like vinegar when reconstituted with water. It comes in packets and you can mix it with lukewarm water and have your child soak in it for 30 min. in a baby bath tub or I like to soak a cloth diaper in it and after wringing it out lay it in his disposable diaper and keep it on him for 30 min. 3 times a day. I've bought it twice now and I can't believe how fast it works. It is pricy, about $17.00 for a box of 12 packets, but if like me you've tried every cream and they don't work, it's worth the money to try Domeboro so you're child doesn't keep suffering.

10 0

my best friend's sister-in-law makes $64/hour on the internet. She has been fired from work for 8 months but last month her pay check was $18293 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here's the site to read more...www.Rush64.ℂℴm

0 0

I can highly recommend Sudocrem Antiseptic Cream. The best diaper rash cream ever.. http://reviewplex.org/sudocrem-antiseptic-cream-125g-2/

1 0

my neighbor's step-aunt makes $74 every hour on the computer . She has been out of work for 10 months but last month her pay was $13005 just working on the computer for a few hours. why not check here ➜➜➜➜➜www.Cash-Review.com

3 2

Our dermatologist recommended Triple Paste. The key is to be consistent though using it even a day after the rash seems to have disappeared always keeps the rash from returning right away. Good luck!!!

33
5 12

Triple waste is amazing! Used it every time the kids had diaper rash and it cleared it within 24 hours

0 4

I use Triple Paste on my son. He had some terrible rashes when he was teething, looked like burns. I put Triple Paste on super thick at night and by morning it was gone.

0 0

Without a doubt, Triple Paste. I've tried so many creams and it is the only one that REALLY works. I've used it on all of my children and it's great. HIGHLY recommend.

10 17

Triple paste does work the best if they have a rash. I always put it on thick before bed and it usually just about cleared up when they wake up. I don't use it all the time. I use Boudreaux's butt paste as well. Triple paste is best for a bad diaper rash. I was told by my pediatrician, not to use Triple paste all the time. If the rash is really bad, I give my son a bath with some baking soda in it. It soothes the skin. Try to use damp paper towels instead of wipes. The alcohol in the wipes burns. :(

27 8

Totally agree!!! But what also helps is every night we put vasaline regardless

0 8

Triple paste is by far the best paste out there. There's a cream but make sure you get the paste. Diaper rash clears up within 24 hours!

2 1

Triple Paste has worked the best of everything we've tried!! Always clears rashes in no time!!

0 0

Unbelieveable stuff, and worth it in spite of the price tag. My son has a lot of reflux issues which equated to horrible acid issues and bleeding diaper rash. Nothing worked like this stuff and we tried almost everything else, too.

34 146

Triple Paste works amazingly well. My twins get some bad rashes that were very painful, but triple paste works fast. Put it on before bed and they would wake up with the rash gone.

1 11

Triple Paste is awesome! A little pricier than Desitin or Boudreaux's Butt Paste, but totally worth it. For stubborn diaper rash, I cover it with a dusting of corn starch, but you have to be careful because that can facilitate yeast growth.

0 7

I have used Triple Paste on both of my girls and it works. I put it on extra thick at night. And light during the day and Rashes are just gone. Its worth it. I highly recommend it!

20 27

the dr told me about triple paste and my friend who is a nurse swore by it for her kid. I loved it and always it always worked

1 1

I totally agree Triple Paste is the best out there...a little expensive but it works as soon as you apply it

0 8

Definitely triple paste. We always have it on hand. Would not recommend anything else!!!!

3 19

Where can you buy Triple Paste? I've never seen it.

1 0

0 9

We in kenya use sudo cream.it rily works.

23
6 11

I live in Chicago and my sister's nanny gave me a jar of Sudo Creme that she brought back from Poland. It is the best thing I have ever used! I ended up ordering some from a Canadian drugstore website. I put it on my daughter at the slightest sign of redness and she has not gotten a diaper rash since. Love it!

10 47

It's now available on Amazon! My girlfriend brought me Sudocrem from Holland, best kept secret those dang Irish have come up with yet!

29 11

I live in New Zealand and we love sudo cream here to i recomend to all my friends :)

1 9

I'm in Australia and have 4 children but didn't find sudocrem until my second baby had very bad nappy rash and I still buy a large tub now because it heals so quickly and brings relief to their sore skin as soon as you apply it. So I highly recommend it to everyone (even if the skin is broken). :)

15 23

I live in New Zealand and sudocrem is great, clears up nanny rash in a matter of hours!

4 9

Yep, i'm in Aus and have used Sudocreme on both my children. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It works wonder.

48 38

Sudocream worked wonders for my son, but curiously it doesn't always work for my daughter. Still my sons rashes always looked like 2nd degree burns if I started applying as soon as I saw the red starting and then did a good goop after bath before bed he was fine by the next morning.

1 42

Add a commentWe live in South Africa and Sudocrem was recommended by my sister-in-law. We have never used anything else since using it. From the second application you can see a huge difference. We even put it on my sons scratches and bumps (even insect bites) and it can also be used to calm eczema. Simply the BEST!

0 8

We live in Malaysia. Got a trial size bottle from the baby pack and never used anything else but Sudo creme. Sadly it's not available in Malaysia, my sister buys them from UK for us

22 14

used sudocream for both my children and pass it on to any mothers i know cause it seems to be the best i am in canada

0 2

hi i live in Ghana i must say Sudo Creme is the best

0 0

It comes in different forms, which one of it is best?

1 0

0 0

Which type of sudocrem do I use?

0 16

Burts bees 99% natural & works great!!

16
16 15

Burt’s Bees Diaper Ointment – It's 100% natural. Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment…has the most active ingredient Zinc-Oxide --- this used to be my favorite, but then I discovered Burt’s Bee when my third was getting such severe diaper rash that I tried it. To my amazement, his rash was clearing up within hours. Zinc-Oxide is still a main ingredient (it's second on the list), but not sure the percentage. It smells like chamomile and works wonderfully (rather than the smell of liver oil that Desitin has). I have also tried Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. In my opinion, it is awful...it doesn't stay on well and smells horrible. It also didn't do anything to improve a rash.

19 44

I 100% agree! My baby had only a few rashes...mostly after a year when she started eating CRAZY amounts of fruit....addicted I tell ya, still is! She has sensitive skin and we tried Desitin & Boudreaux's and she just wouldn't get relief...plus Boudreaux's STINKS! Bought some Burt's Bees and it was clear at the next diaper change. I will NEVER use anything else. It smells natural, not chemical and it actually works! I even use it sometimes now that she's potty trained, since she's so independent and insists on wiping herself, although not very well :P Try it, you won't regret it!

9 20

loooooveeee burt's bees it smells so clean and feels so moiturizing too. my youngest is the most sensitive and that is all i use!

0 0

I swear by the burts bees diaper cream! I'm all about being natural and it is hands down the most effective at clearing up diaper rash. My daughter got open sores on her bottom from citrus fruits and I would load it on and the open sores would be gone in no time. AND it smells so darn good!

4 0

BURTS BEES BURTS BEES BURTS BEES!!! This stuff is absolutely AMAZING. Works like a charm everytime and has a very pleasant smell. My children didn't have a lot of diaper rashes - but at the very first sign of one I put this on and as one other Mom said, at the next change it was gone! If your child has severe diaper rash, you might want to take a look at what he is eating - that usually has a direct correlation to the rash itself!

0 20

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dr. Smith's. I have three kiddos and it worked wonders on all of them. It even works on them past diapers when their girls parts get irritated. It's all natural, doesn't smell bad, is very thick and works after the first application.

16
0 0

I agree!! My little girl had the worst diaper rash that we could not get to go away. I tried everything available and nothing worked like Dr Smith's. It's a little hard to find but we figured out the secret...they keep it behind the counter at the pharmacy in Target. If they're out, they'll order more and have it there in a day for you. I put some on at every diaper change even when she doesn't have a rash. Our dermatologist recommended doing this as it keeps a constant barrier between the wet diaper and her skin.

2 4

3 children and Dr Smiths is BY FAR the best out there! I would never use anything else. I even give as gift to new moms. It's the best!

0 0

Dr Smiths is THE BEST!!! It does work after 1 application. I find at some Walmarts and Albertsons just started carrying it. I give it out as gifts also cuz I luv it so much!

14 16

Yep Dr Smith's worked the best on my kids. Especially my youngest who has very pale and sensitive skin and tends to get rashes very quickly. I just put some on and in one diaper change his rash clears up. I usually get it at HEB and they do have it behind the counter at Walgreens but it costs way more.

1 0

21 73

Arbonnes ABC Diaper Rash Cream...hands down. Best thing out there. No MINERAL OIL!!! or any of that other stuff you dont want on your babies bottom. Ive had amazing results with this stuff. It also works on bug bites!!lol

15
7 133

I totally agree! I love Arbonne products.

0 6

Why NOT mineral oil? It works immediately on my 2 kids?

21 73

How many of you know what Mineral oil is?

21 73

Mineral oil is a by-product in the distillation of Petroleum to produce gasoline. It is one of the main ingredients in a majority of all baby products such as baby oil, vaseline, lotion, baby wash. Manufacturers by it because it is cheap and wont spoil. Here is the problem mineral oil is foreign to our bodies and can have harmful side effects. check out www.herballuxuries.com/about-mineral-oil

0 20

My fave !!...and it works really well on eczema also... (Arbonne NOT mineral oil)

0 6

I have always liked butt paste I think it works fast, and it wipes of very easily, its thick, unlike triple paste which is much like lotion, hinch but paste, goes on thick and coats the skin

3 23

Not me. Please tell us what's wrong with mineral oil. I'm just ignorant here. :-)

19 22

I'd like to try this Arbonne. My son has horrible eczema associated with lots of food and environmental allergies. Can I find it in a store?

5 25

Mineral oil is terrible for your skin!! http://www.herballuxuries.com/about-mineral-oil.html this is a link to a great article about mineral oil. Must Read!! In short Mineral oil is a byproduct of the distillation of GASOLINE from crude oil. It is cheap and also a main ingredient in baby products!!

0 2

Erika- I couldn't agree with you more...ABC Diaper rash creme is awesome for disposable dipes. For cloth dipes I like CJ BUTT. Thanks for the comment about the bug bites. My daughter was just attacked by a very hungry mosquito and its whole extended family, I was debating whether it would work on bug bites or make worse. It works on almost any rash instantly.

5 25

Mineral oil is terrible for your skin, http://www.herballuxuries.com/about-mineral-oil.html this is a great article on the origin of Mineral oil and side effects!!!

2 14

ABC diaper rash contains other harmful ingredients than mineral oil. http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/94402/Arbonne_Baby_Care_%28ABC%29_Herbal_Diaper_Rash_Ointment_%282007_formulation%29/ Arbonne products make many false claims to be all natural. Ever notice how difficult it is to find the ingredients listing on the products website

2 31

Lots of studies about why mineral oil is a no no.

1 0

I have tried many diaper rash creams. Desitin, Aveeno butt paste. even homemade remedies. the best i have tried is one from Arbonne ABC diaper rash cream it is in their baby line. you can find Arbonne online and get a representive in your area. they are a skin care line. i love this baby rash cream it smells mild and goes on smooth. my grandson had a very bad deep red rash that would not go away. we even let him air it out. nothing work. so i tried Arbonne's baby rash cream. let me tell ya it cleared up within the day. the next day it was barely even pink looking. it is costly but........I bought 2 tubes to keep on hand just in case. you can not go wrong with this product. try it you may be surprised

1 10

Meagan- Arbonne doesn't claim to be all natural. Their goal is to be as pure and safe as possible while still being beneficial. The EWG page that you cited is from the old formulation, it was re-formulated in, I believe, 2008. They took out parabens and some other things that had been found to be potentially harmful in the time since it was first created. It is not "all natural" but, as many people have noted, it is very effective. The full ingredient list is not online but any consultant can get the full list for you upon request. My consultant is great about pulling up any ingredient list I ask for. I would bet that customer service would supply you with the same list if requested. Because of cloth diapers and ABC Body Oil I didn't even go through one tube of ABC Diaper Cream in my daughters whole 2 1/2 years of diapers because we just didn't have a need and when we did it only took a day to clear. Just FYI to everyone!

21 73

Im so happy to see all the great results from Arbonnes ABC line you are having. Im am proud to be part of Arbonnes team and being able to help other people. Also thanks Meagan for the explantion of the EWG website...so many people dont know they just look at old formulas and dont research anything to deep there...they see something and just post it with out looking further into it. Im always happy to help with ingredient questions and if I dont know the answer Arbonnes customer service is one of the best...

13 30

A brief look at mineral oil - It's molecular structure sits on top of the skin, creating a barrier. That is what most people like the feel of, the slick coating on your skin. However, that coating does not allow your skin to 'breathe' which is to take in a bit of air, but mainly to expel toxins in the form of sweat, even when we don't know we are sweating. This is the #2 way our bodies get rid of toxins. Plus, it prevents the skin from sloughing off when it dies. With excema, mineral based products provide relief by keeping the moisture in but then the sloughing is prevented, causing more irritation and a vitious cycle that does not stop. Without perspiration and sloughing (cell turnover), our livers have to work harder - do a google search on liversupport.com and it should bring you to articles about this. Secondly, mineral oil does not offer vitamins or trace minerals that support skin's elasticity, collagen creation and overall health - it offers no benefit other than a barrier. Plant based oils, such as those used in Arbonne products, aide in skin health, not just sitting on the surface. Thirdly, mineral oil has a toxic effect on our endocrine systems, especially the balance between estrogen and progesterone. Mineral oil, as well as most other toxins that touch our skin release estrogen mimicing substances called xenohormones or xenoestrogens. This creates an excess of estrogen that occupies not only the estrogen receptors but the other hormone receptors as well. That's why so many women have fibrocysts in their breasts, endometriosis, PCOS, excess fat gain around the middle. Google "estrogen dominance" or visit johnleemd.com for information on this - it will change your entire perspective on toxins, our western diet, and how to help your body be its best without synthetic hormones. If this is too short and confusing, message me and let's chat!

0 20

Arbonne Is Awesome!

1 90

I second that Erika!! Im an Arbonne Consultant and I love it. Heidi mineral oil is like gasoline on your skin. It just sits on your skin and cloggs ur pores. Nothing goes in and nothing comes out. Its deep on what we put on our bodies. Yes they may work but you want to try to think about the long term effect. How is this effecting my body? Dr. Oz had a show about mineral oil and petreulom (did I spell that right? LOL) NE way alot of us are finally realizing this and are making a change about it now. Just look into it. Do ur research and you will see. My email is Selena17021803@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

1 0

Corn starch. 100% natural

14
0 21

or burnt flour works excellent

0 0

Weleda Calendula Diaper Care

13
9 44

that weleda calendula lotion worked wonders when my baby had that neck rash babies get, i like the calendula

6 19

We swear by Weleda Calendula Nappy Cream, our daughter is 3 and while she was a baby it prevented any rash, now it clears up any starting or rash between nappy changes.... best cream ever we recommend it to everyone we know :)

0 5

This cream is the BEST!!!!

1 0

Bag Balm in the square green tin. LO had a diaper rash once and only once when I started supplementing with formula. No "diaper rash cream" would work, so I tried this and within hours it went from being extremely irritated and raised, to barely noticable. Any time his bottom looks remotely red, I just put some on and like I said, he's only had that one diaper rash.

12
3 22

Bag Balm is the only thing I have ever used and it is amazing. I use it as soon as I notice any redness and it always clears up by the next morning. I wouldn't try anything else! :) Wipes off easily, too.

2 23

bag balm is amazing, my step son used to get really bad rashes that would blister and bleed and bag balm would get rid of them within a day

3 17

I love bag balm!!! My mil gave my a huge can of it when my son was born and it's almost gone and he's almost 2. It's also good for dry hans and feet with a pair of Cotten gloves or old socks over night.

0 19

Bag Balm is the best thing you can get for diaper rash i think. I have 5 children and have used it with 4 of them. It works wonders. Our children get really bad diaper rash, to the point where they are so raw and the skin is horribly broken open. Within a couple of hours a really sore and bleeding bum is healed. I love it!

0 6

Olive oil is amazing. My midwife recommended it with my first daughter and I have used it for all four of my children. I put it on with each change and they never get rashes in the first place.

11
17 2

I had three kiddies and not one had a diaper rash because their bottoms were washed at every change and either a light coating of olive oil or petroleum jelly was applied at every change....the skin never came into contact with body fluids/solids so no rash instigators in the first place.

2 0

Sudocrem hands down.

10
10 47

Most amazing stuff ever. Wish I'd found it 2 years before I did!

3 18

love sudocrem !!! my son sometimes get horrible diaper rash and its gone in one application !

18 9

My daughter has extremely dry skin and our doc gave us a perscription for Aquaphor to use as an alternative tolotion. I know you can buy it over the counter also.. But it works wonders on rash too!! Its Colorless and Odorless so it doesnt irritate the skin.

10
2 0

johnson 3 in 1

31 36

My best friend is related to a doctor who recommended Aquaphor. It is good for all types of burns, and a diaper rash is technically a burn. That is all I used for my son, and it is also good for chapped lips.

7 8

Aquaphor is what always works for us as well. Our ds has eczema and slathering it on his diaper area as well as his body helps relieve his skin problems. Love this stuff!

10 4

Our pediatrician recommended a mixture of equal parts of Aquaphor and Maalox. The Maalox soothes and the Aguaphor heals/prevents. It was the only thing that worked on my son's young bottom. We still use Aquaphor for his eczema (3.5 yrs old).

0 9

My son has very sensitive skin (allergies and eczema). The thing that has worked best for me is a combination of Aquafor and Maalox.

0 50

A&D always works wonders for my three, diapers or not, is great for healing.

9
10 44

I love A&D! I have tried butt paste and desitin and did not believe they worked as well!

1 7

A& D is what they use in nursing homes. Cheap and effective

97 8

LOVE A&D!! Works great!

15 16

A & D is the best!!!! The other ones gave my son a rash.

38 0

I used to use Desitin and then my twin boys ended up with a wicked bad diaper rash. Their doctor recommended A&D and I will never go back to Desitin or try anything else. It worked wonders and I even now use the generic and still get amazing results!

7 87

I started using A&D when I had my son and I have loved it since then. Both my kids used it and so has my grandson.

24 19

My son was getting irritation around his circumcised area I kept using A&D and it seemed to make his skin even more sensitive and less able to repel wetness. This was also true for his mild diaper rash area. It just wouldn't go away. I loved the consistency and the fact that it doesn't leave white residue everywhere. I was using Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Cream on his raw, cradle cap area and decided to try it on his bum because it was convenient after his bath. It worked wonders. Maybe he does have a little Eczema but I believe this will help most babies with diaper rash. It creates a barrier from the moisture. I only put it on after his bath every other day or every few days and he rarely has any rashes anymore. It seems to make the skin tougher. His Pediatrician says that she has heard from several mom's how much they love Gentle Naturals.

Profile Picture
16 2

Brace yourselves! Ready? Lansinoah Lanolin Nipple ointment. Works on everything!

8
Profile Picture
38 18

I used this before I started making my own paste out of olive oil and beeswax. Lanolin is definitely a great treatment!!

Profile Picture
4 20

Unless you are allergic to wool, which I found out when I was nursing and couldn't figure out why my nipples were getting WORSE instead of better... not sure if I passed that allergy on but I'd be afraid to find out the hard way!

Profile Picture
3 25

I use Lansinoah Lanolin Works right away would recommend it to anyone

Profile Picture
2 5

Oh my gosh! I didn't know anyone else used the Lansinoh nipple cream for diaper rash! I absolutely love it! Butt Paste didn't work for us. When my son was in diapers I used this the first time because I didn't have anything else available and it was stunning how fast it worked! I never used anything else on him after that! Rashes were gone within a day. However, it doesn't work quite as well on my daughter, who gets diaper rashes more often. I'm not sure why... It works better than the diaper creams I've tried, but it just isn't as fast-working as it was for my son. I'm going to try some of these other recommendations for her and see how they go.

8 18

I use Calmoseptine (available at the pharmacy without a prescription, but generally behind the counter) on rashes, and Desitin for everyday use. The Calmoseptine has worked wonders on my kids' worst diaper rashes. Also, let the area dry thoroughly, or better yet, let them run around without a diaper for as long as you can. Fresh air will help those sore bottoms heal!!

8
9 21

A friend of mine also turned me on to Calmoseptine. This is the only thing that worked on severe diaper rash for my son. It even worked better than the compound paste the doctor prescribed that cost me a fortune. We live in FL so we spend a lot of time at the beach or pool and my son would get really bad after spending so much time in wet swimmers. I used Calmoseptine before putting his swimmer on and used it as a barrier before we even had a problem. For everyday use I found a powder called Caldesene. I love it!! It works on minor butt rash without having to use cream. It can be found on shelves at Walgreens or your local drug store. It's in a pink container with blue writing. It contains talc, but it's not the main ingredient and it's formulated for babies.

50 5

Calmoseptine has my vote! Live by this stuff!!! Had tried everything, including prescriptions, and nothing worked but Calmoseptine!

0 1

I agree - my friend who is a nurse told me about it and so I checked it with our pediatrician - It's amazing with very quick results - redness fades very quickly.

0 0

I don't leave the house without it. No other can touch this stuff. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

2 10

Calmoseptine is the best! Worked on both of my boys when every thing else made the reddness worse. They would be in pain, and one application of this eased the pain immediately.

1 10

I am a nurse and will not use anything but calmoseptine on my girls....it is truly the best!!!!

3 16

Used to use Desitin, then my cousin told me about Aveeno Baby Diaper Rash Cream! LOVE IT!

8
48 38

This is what works best for my daughter, she gets rashes quickly and they are so pale the daycare doesn't notice them until they are pretty bad. If I can get her to cooperate for frequent diaper changes this stuff works very well.

14 33

I do not recommend Aveeno because it burns. I know this because my son was one of those kids who potty trained really late and at three he can tell me when something hurts and he said it burned so i quit using it.

3 16

I have used this on my kids (and step kids - one of who was a late potty trainer and had HORRIBLE skin problems) none of them ever complained of it burning. Infact, the last time I had to use it on my daughter she told me she wasn't sore anymore as soon as I slathered her up with it.. I tend to use extra, so not to pull or drag across the irritated skin, just move the cream around..

4 16

Earth Mama Angel Baby works perfect, is fast, toxin free and you can used for many other things.

8
3 0

Agree! my favorite!

0 1

Bepanthen is great for cloth nappies, comes off easily in the wash, doesn't leave a residue.

6
6 24

My pediatrician told us to use Crisco shortening from the start! I started using it, then went to other brands, and guess what? She got her first diaper rash! Never got another one after going back to Crisco. I also have family that have same pediatrician and their kids never had diaper rash either. It really works!!!! :)

4
0 0

Wow crazy!!

1 90

Is that cooking oil though???

18 19

When in a pinch you can also use Mylanta. Just pour a little on and it takes the sting right out and starts to heal. An older sitter told me about this one time. It worked wonders for my little one! She only had one or two though. :)

4
23 50

Arbonne's ABC diaper rash cream - is the best! Clears rashes fast!

0 26

We use mylanta and maalox in the nursing home. It does work very well and doesn't sting like other remedies.

0 11

We do a paste with mylanta and A&D. Clears the worse cases up in leas than a day

1 7

a nurse friend told me that they use a mixture of mylanta and aquaphor in the NICU that she worked in, but A&D would be cheaper

72 24

Our ped suggested this too (after no luck with Desitin). It worked awesome and very quickly! We used maalox cherry... Seems odd but does the trick!

27 20

I really like Arbonne's ABC diaper rash cream. My Arbonne consultant told me you can use it for lots of other things too.

4
1 0

its the best. would not use anything but ABC diaper rash cream.

0 27

i think that sudocream rocks, any time my Luci had diaper rash, it worked on the first application, and i have recommended it to many of my friends, and same thing for them!

4
0 15

Sudo cream is the best cream for diaper rash.

4
10 47

Yes yes yes! Sudocrem is awesome and you can finally get it from Amazon in the States!

31 12

We found a new one called Anti-Monkey Butt paste. It is not as thick as Desitin but works really well at first sign of redness and it seems to moisturize at the same time. We've used it on our 2month old son and we've never seen a rash last longer than 1 day.

4
2 0

I second the use of Anti Monkey Butt cream because it has been the best thing for diaper rash compared to the many products that I have tried in the past. I also agree that it's not as thick as Desitin and seems to work much better. I actually use their baby powder formula during changes and that seems to really work too. check it out at http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/baby-anti-monkey-butt and see how they work so much faster than other brands especially babies with sensitive skin.

1 10

I know its already been mentioned but I love the Arbonne ABC Diaper Rash Cream, it has some great healing and pain helping herbs in it (with no mineral oil). But I also use the ABC Body Oil as soon as I see a hint of redness on DD's butt. The oils are conditioning and create some barrier and there are a bunch of healing conditioning herbs in it as well. It has kept me from having to use diaper cream many, many times.

3
0 11

Triple paste by far the best!!!!

3
0 12

Air, Clean, calimine lotion, athelete foot cream, 99cent stores medicated powder, stay home & air it out, keep it clean.....

0 12

keep plenty of A & D ointment durinr and after...

2 5

Triple Paste!!! And for really bad diaper rash, Vusion, Rx you can get from a dermatologist. It is the best! Knocks it right out!

3
257 10

Ihle's paste!
It's far less expensive than other barrier creams and it works like a dream!

3
0 12

Arbonne ABC Herbal Nappy Cream is the best by far, no chemicals ,no mineral oil. Mineral oil is a petrol -base product , why would you put petrol on your body or your babies.

I am a Arbonne Consultant , if you would like to know , please contact me . Have a great day!! Annette Nimmo

3
0 20

Lansinoh Triple Lanolin - Works fast and is soothing, especially for newborn extra sensitive skin!

3
7 133

Arbonne's ABC Diaper Rash Creme absolutely!! Works amazingly on my little one. Best thing is that it is botanically based instead of mineral oil based which is just a cheap filler. Mineral oil (white petrolatum) just coats the skin and does not allow the product to penetrate your skin and actually work, therefore, you will continue to have the same issue over and over again. Not to mention it smothers the skin that needs to breathe and mineral oils have been linked to cancer. I for one do NOT want to put this on my children! $14 for an amazing high quality product that is safe for your children.

http://www.andrearock.myarbonne.com/

3
84 30

Grandma El's!! We cloth diaper & anything w/ zinc oxide or fish oil can make my dipes stinky & keep stains locked in :( Grandma El's smells good & works GREAT! I see results after one application :))

1 10

I already mentioned this somewhere else but the ABC Body Oil also works great at the first signs of redness (also no mineral oil). Super conditioning and healing as well and not paste-like so easier on the cloth diapers! By using the cloth diapers and body oil we didn't even use a whole tube of diaper cream in our daughter's whole 2 1/2 years of diapers!

0 24

The ONLY cream that worked for my little guy was Arbonne's ABC Diaper Rash Cream. We tried Sudocream, Desitin, Buttpaste, youname it...we tried it. He would get horrible rashes that were red raw that we would have to use cortisone and anti-fungal on to heal. We finally broke the cycle of suffering when we switched over. I was so sold on the product that I actually started to sell Arbonne...message me if you need any. Arbonne can ship anywhere in the US, Canada, UK and Australia

3
0 0

id like to try Arbonnes I cant find it here in prince albert Canada I've tried everything else my poor baby screams when I clean his lil bum I feel so hopeless hes in so much pain even the stuff the doc gives don't help I need Arbonne ABC Diaper Rash Cream I always here good results fr it

1 40

Arbonne's diaper rash cream is fabulous!! It is all natural and has no harmful ingredients including mineral oil. I have a friend who is a rep and that's all we buy now!

3
3 9

Agreed Earth Mama Angel baby bottom balm, its not a cream so its easy to apply and you don't have to rub as much. Its like magic! My daughter is now two and we use it for boo boo's too.
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/angel-baby/angel-baby-bottom-balm.html

3
1 14

This is my go to balm, it is outstanding. I've never known any other product to clear up a rash or redness as fast as it does. Good for cloth diapers and smells wonderful. And yes, the added advantage of being a universal balm for bites, irritations and so on.

4 0

Resinol. We use desitin as well but resinol is amazing. You usually have to get it behind the pharmacy counter but don't need a prescription for it. It clears her up in less than a day!!

2
1 15

Have to agree used it on older children too!!!!!

0 13

I prefer Pinxav. Messy, but extremely effective for both of my kids.

2
1 0

PinXav - have to get on the internet, but it works and FAST!

2
30 1

I've been able to find it at Drug Mart in some areas so if you have one try there. It is all I have used & works wonders with my kiddos

2 6

desitin is good..i tried it to my son and it really works...

2
9 44

not many said Desitin, but I have tried most of the others, although there were some i hadn't heard of so thanks for the suggestions like Arbonne, I tried dr. smiths (inlaws swear by it), tried beaudreax's (sister in law swears by that one), i found that my son's rash heals with the next diaper change with desitin. :)

0 3

Ihle's Paste works wonders for us. It comes in a huge tub, so if we are out or on a trip we use Sudocreme.

2
1 54

we love Ihles paste my daughter is 3 and we still have the same tub from when she was a baby and will still use it sometimes when she has a rash from not wiping properly ,it gets rid of the rash usually in 1 application

Profile Picture
3 20

I've only ever used Bepanthen Ointment on my three and found it clears any rash in one application. On the rare occasion the rash lasted longer (like when teething and poos are more acidic) then it still only took one or two applications more.
Although, I have to say nappy rash is very rare in this house - the only times we've really had issues is either a/ as mentioned before when teething, b/ when any child has eaten a lot of acidic food (ie tomatoes) or c/ the rare occasion cheap nappies were used.

2
Profile Picture
3 20

Just wanted to add that I think keeping the whole groin area dry helps in keeping nappy rash at bay. After cleaning with wipes, I have always dried the area with a cloth nappy. Whats the point of changing a wet nappy if the area is not *dry* afterwards? Isn't that half the reason bub cries when he has a wet one - because it feels so gross?