What can I do if my doctor does not take my child, who is under 2, allergies seriously?

If you have any questions, please check our FAQ page

1  Answer

108 76

Get a second opinion, and fast. I'm a Mom of a child with food and environmental allergies. I knew something was not right with my son three days after we came home from the hospital. Luckily my pediatrician was supportive of my concern, and helped me address it. My son saw his first allergist at a year old, we just did an elimination diet until we were ready for a blood test. It is super important to the long term health of your child that any allergies be addressed as soon as possible. Find another pediatrician that is covered under your insurance and address your concern with them. Or just find an allergist that specializes in pediatric cases. If your doctor won't give you a referral, call your insurance company, and they can help you.


Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms