What should you do if your child hates wearing underwear?

Many kids have a hard time adjusting to wearing tight clothing, like tights or underwear. What can you do to help your child adjust to wearing underwear?

8 0

I would completely understand because I hate them too!

7
14 0

I too seriously bet when you're on your periods, you wear them hate them or not!

14 0

If I was a girl, I'd even love my bloody underwear, even loving my periods wearing my underwear!

0 0

Even if I ever hated my underwear, my underwear was duck taped glued on me that I can't take of, which I get a crush to always duck tape glue on my underwear!

737 0

Personally, I'd be uncomfortable without it, but what's it hurting to go commando? They'll either get chaffed and decide to wear underwear or they'll go without. So you don't have to buy underwear for that kid.

4
19 4

I totally agree...I babysit my neighbors 7 yr old and she hates wearing them! She has taken them off several times when we've gone to the mall, Walmart, or other places while shopping and left them in the fitting rooms. I just left her go without them since then unless she wants to wear them.

14 0

With me, when I was 7, I hated not wearing underwear, even when I pee, and I loved wearing my underwear, that I always put on my underwear, and even loved peeing through my underwear! I even loved my underwear, even if my underwear was tight too take without a little help, and even if I peed in my underwear and cry. I am profoundly mentally retarded in judgement and socialization. The same for her. Her underwear, must be duck taped on her, that she can't ever take off her underwear, without help. Or tight underwear, must be put on her, that she can't take off her tight underwear, without little help, just like with me. She'll then, need too pee in her underwear and cry or pee through her underwear. Once, she bleeds that time of the month, even if she still hates wearing underwear, she'll then wear underwear and want too cry.

14 0

Once a girl, starts too bleed that time of the month, it's a fact too buy underwear for that girl!

0 0

You have see any girl child age 3-6old not wear panties wear skirts at public

0 0

With me I am even uncomfortable to take of my underwear that I even duck tape glue on my underwear!

128 0

I'd say who cares since underwear serves no purpose.

3
14 0

Too seriously wrong, underwear serves purpose when you're bleeding that time of the month!

0 0

With me it does that I even duck tape glue on my underwear!

0 0

I have let mine go without if he doesn't want to wear them, but with girls its probably different. Is there a reason she doesn't like them? are they itchy, pokey, just too tight. Try finding out why and then maybe try just some shorts under the clothes. Try one day a week to wear underwear and maybe buy a little big so they don't feel restrictive. Then gradually increase the number of days. Or at night when they are sleeping. I have tried many different things and finally had to go with the new kind that have the all cotton band and no elastic. Have a child with Aspergers and clothing is just plain annoying for them to begin with. Its been a struggle but have found what works. Just keep trying and eventually they will wear them. Once they get into school, they should want to because the other kids do. just a thought ;)

3
0 1

Hi my daughter is 2 and a half im trying to potty train her but she just wont even put pants on I need her to do that because if nursery . What do you think I should do im open for idears

6 1

I have no issue with mine going without

2
14 0

Once, your daughter starts too bleed that time of the month, she'll then have issues going without, esp. serious issues, when she has heavy bleeding that time of the month!

99 48

Find a corner and cry tears of frustration.... :) unfortunately, this is a rule u will have to enforce. I am however, curious about the reason WHY your child is refusing?
Is it a potty training issue? For example, one mother explained to me
That her kindergarten daughter would remove her underwear at school everyday after using the bathroom and no one in that child's family could figure out why she was doing this ABSURD thing?
After recognized that this childs issue may have had something to do with previous potty training. When I suggested this to the mother, she informed me that although her daughter has been potty trained since age 3 1/2, they did used to discipline her rather severely when she soiled herself.
Tsk Tsk....that is called IMPROPER teaching. In essence, this child was still ocasdionally soiling herself, and instead of dealing with the harsh consequences, and I can empathize with the child, the child chose to throw away the "evidence." perceptive child! No child should EVER be ridiculed, criticized, or punished severely and harshly, for not using the toilet properly. If your child has failed at this, then the PARENT failed FIRST. Punish yourself instead and praise your child for the effort.
Again, this was just an example. There could be another sinister reason for her doing so. Or maybe they are too constricting. If she is always pulling "wedgies" out, then it's time to go up in size....
What does your child say when asked about it?

2
99 48

And please forgive my MOBILE type-o's!! I am after all, partially degreed in English (and ECE ). :)

14 0

When soiling, she needs too take a drug too control it.

47 22

I never had a problem. I always took them to buy their first underwear, got them a size large and they were excited to wear them and couldn't wait. The other part is since I live in Texas and stay home, they could run around with just the underwear on until we went some where.

2
12 25

Most of the time if a child doesn't want to wear something it is because it is uncomfortable or they don't like the way it looks. If this is the case you can remedy this just by taking your child shopping and letting them pick out their own. Try various styles, let your child have a say in it and even let them pay at the register. Your child will be more excited about what they choose.

1
0 13

My daughter wore underwear for 6 months after being potty trained with no problem, then one day she couldn't stand to wear them. Said they were too tight. So for the past 6 months I have tried different brands, different sizes, even tried the little undies that come with dresses, nothing has worked. I have let her pick them out too. I'm trying to be patient and I don't want to force the issue however we are approaching spring/summer and she will have skirts, dresses and shorts to wear and I will have to insist that she wear them. Still having trouble!

1
14 0

With me, I hated not wearing underwear, and I loved my underwear, that I always put on my underwear. I even loved my underwear, even when they were tight too take off without help. I am profoundly mentally retarded in judgement and socialization. The same for her. Her underwear, must be duck taped on her. Once, she starts bleeding that time of the month, she'll wear underwear, even if their too tight then!

0 0

My daughter is the same I cry from her I don't know what to do she is four and half

1 18

My son had an issue with not wanting to wear underwear. We did not make any big deal about it. We let him try it out and bought a variety of boxers and briefs for when he wants to wear them. Now that he is in school and playing sports we started reminding him to put his underwear on. I guess he liked being free. He doesn't have a problem anymore about putting them on, but occasionally I will catch him with no underwear. I say "hey where is your underwear?". Then we both laugh!! But it is still very much encouraged since he is six years old!

1
2 0

How old is your son?

0 0

His briefs must be glued on him.

14 1

go with the trend! take your kids to the store... introduce them to Snoopy, My Little Ponies,Tom & Jerry, Pooh Bear...etc.... the kids will soon learn to like wearing underwear!.

1
77 0

Both my boys go out without underwear, we are nude round the house, so when we go out I just grab a pair of shorts and throw them on them, dont worry about shirts in summer. We dont even put any shoes on either!

0
1

Not wearing underwear can spread germs.

0
0 0

i thought it was a problem too until my 6 yo daughter wouldnt wear any clothes at all.

0
0 0

Underwear must be glued on her until she gets her periods! On periods, option of not wearing underwear is out!

4 0

My 3 yr old boy has slight autistic symptoms... I think it is time I should potty train him but he is refusing to wear underwear how can I potty train him if he never let go of diaper?

0
0 0

if they dont like wearing them because theyre tight fitting id get ones that are a size too big so theyre nice and lose x

0
0 0

your a bjtch

0
0 0

This all seems to relate to girls!!! my friend is having a major problem with her 7 year old boy!! He puts his pants in the bin !! Any advise other than Telling him he will be wearing nappies to school !!!

0
0 0

Briefs must be glued on him.

6 0

I believe all children should wear underwear, especially girls who will appreciate it when they reach puberty. I think it is important to figure out why some children do not like them: Is it the material, the elastic, the style, the cut, fabric etc. I understand some kids have sensory issues (as my son does). One size/brand/fabric does not fit all and as parents need to find a solution.

0
23 0

Take your kid to the store and have them choose an underwear of their liking. Whatever color/design/graphic print they prefer.
When it feels like a choice, they will be more prone to wearing them.

0
0 0

I introduced my children to seamless underwear at first because seamless underwear are so comfortable it feels like they're not even there. I later moved on to regular underwear for all my children.

0
Profile Picture
1 9

I thought we'd never get our now 3.5 yr old daughter to wear her "Dora" underwear! We made a big deal about switching to them even. It takes TIME. Eventually, putting them on will become a habit, just like going potty. It took us a good 6 months to get the whole potty thing down and then one day, it happened!
Now, as a 3.5 year old, I can't get her out of her tights. She must wear them to school. She must wear them to bed. Even though I say that princesses DO wear pants.....she immediately comes home form school and can't wait to put on tights and a skirt / dress! I know it's a stage. Pretty cute though.

0