What are some unique boy names?

Share some unique boy names you like and see what names other moms suggest.

0 0

I have three beautiful boys with special names: Cullan - Gaelic, meaning Spirit of God and Handsome, Gavin - Welsh, a fierce and strong warrior, and Keegan - Gaelic for Hugh, my father-in-law who passed away. They are unique and yet go perfectly with our Irish last name. And they are the only ones in their school with them.

37
0 15

My sons name is Gavin, also! LOVE it! Next boy will by Grayson ♥

0 0

I named my son Greydon (grey is the Canadian spelling of the colour grey , American spelling in gray, with an "a") I have heard of only one other Greydon, but the spelling was Grayden. We generally call him Grey.

0 21

i named my son ARI which in jewish language means courage.

0 0

Love Cullen and Keegan, but I also like Gavin. Hw do you pronounce Keegan? Is the ee long or short?

0 0

Pronouced like "KEY-gan" I love it! I've seen it for a girl pronounced the same but spelled Kiegan.

4 19

My sons name is Gavin also. I think that is a strong, powerful name.

0 0

I LOVE the name Cullen! I have 3 boys and they all begin with "C". I am preggo with baby #4 and if it's a boy that is my #1 choice :)

0 0

GOOD LUCK with your pregnancy!! I highly recommend Cullan

0 0

Those are awesome names. Love, love, LOVE them! Definitely unique! :)

0 11

I have a 14 year old son named Gavin after my Irish side of the family. Absolutely love it!!

0 53

My son's name Is Cullen Jace, I love it!!

0 14

Hi, ARI has two meanings in the Turkish; pure and bee, both of them are beautiful :)

0 16

We named our little boy Kullen which I read meant "handsome young lad" in Gaelic (I changed the "C" to a K hoping to deter Twilight references" either meaning or spelling, I think it's the best boy's name ever and I get complements on it ALL the time

0 1

My son's name is Keegan, but I thought it meant "little flame"

0 9

My sons name is Hayden not many of that name around when he was born 19 years ago. My cousins son is Kympton never have came across another Kimpton....My daughters are Rhiannon which was not common when I named her 17 years ago, now it is - and my youngest Tamasine haven't heard of another Tamasine yet.. Our surname is a short 4 letter one sylibil name.

0 1

My great nephew is Keegan and I have a friend who little boy is Keegan. I love the name, but it must be gaining popularity.

0 12

My son's name is Audric Thomas......Audric is French or German if spelled Audrick,,,,,,,,It mean's wise and nobel ruler.......Thomas is a family name.

0 18

My 16 year old son's name is Grayson Alexander. Had never heard the name before, but now it seems like every time I turn around someone is considering it or actually using his name. It's pretty annoying when it is someone you know; it feels as if they are stealing your child's name for their's. Anyway, we know that my Grayson was the first one around...at least throughout any of the people I knew at the time and then there after.

0 0

I absolutely love the names you chose.

1 0

It's obvious from all the replies here that I am the odd one out, but personally I find alot of the odd spellings of names to be quite pretentious. I appreciate that everyone wants their child to be unique and to stand out in the crowd, but I would much rather their personalities did this for them rather than their badly spelled name. It's interesting that you can pretty much guess when people were born by their names, for instance, during the 90s there was a propensity to use alot of older, more traditional names such as Arthur, Charlie, George, Stanley etc. The early 2000s saw an uprising in alot of biblical names, and now it appears that people are using whatever verb/noun/placename they like as a name. Makes for an interesting attendance at school :)

27
27 18

I mainly decided on unique names because our last name was one syllable, Luck and it sounded blunt when you say it so I wanted longer and more creative first names. Their middle names are biblical though. Donathon Elijah, Maxton Jeremiah and Quinian Isaiah. Being unique and creative is one thing but I think that traditional names need to remain spelled the way people expect them to be spelled. Never a fan of trendy names at all. I was born in the early 70s but Megan did not become popular till the 80s.

17 7

I agree, I named my son Isaac, not hugely common, not too hard to spell, and he won't tell me he hates it when he is old enough :) And it means laughter, brought a smile when we choose it!

0 1

I am a believer in traditional names as well. I have two boys and think that reflecting my husband and I's joint families is important. I also believe that the meaning of the names are also important. My oldest is Maximilian Lucas. Maximilian is after my husband and my husband's paternal grandfather. Lucas was my husband's chosen confirmation name. Together the name means Great Light. We call him Lucas. My younger son is Alexander Samuel. Alexander reflects my heritage as the first person in my father's family who came to America was Alexander and there was an Alexander in our family in all but the last generation (as far as I know). However Alexander also echos my father-in-law's name Albert (who died before we married and had kids). The Samuel is after my father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. Together his name means Defender of Man in the Name of God. I think both names fit them well.

4 2

My sons have odd spellings for their names but not for the reasons you stated. My oldest, Kourtland, got his name from a book by one of my husband and I's favorite author. However my husband didn't like the spelling Cortland because he thought it looked funny and wanted to add the U. I however could just see the teasing that would happen with it being spelled COURTland. My other boys, Kaleb and Kolton, are also K's because all the girl names we could ever agree on started with a K and I had read somewhere that if you have more than one child with the same first letter the oddball child could subconsciously feel left out. There is a story behind all of their names though. We didn't choose their names to make them stand out of anything like that. Just wanted to toss that out there as some food for thought :)

0 1

I am not a fan of odd spellings and odd names. One day in the paper there were 5 babies named Dakota, 3 boys , 2 girls and all spelled differently. My sister had an unusual name and was always disappointed when she could get a personalized key-chain. Though my sons names are somewhat timeless (Mark & Scott) I still have to spell them: Mark with a 'k' and Scott with two t's.

0 23

That is so true! I am a first grade teacher and this year I have a class full of oddly spelled and unusual names. And my son was born in early 2000 and has a biblical name. HaHa!!

0 3

Studies show that parents who give their children common names with unique spellings tend to not be very well educated. Of course this doesn't apply to the name itself only the spelling. Sometimes I think parents forget what it's like for the "uniquely named" children on the playground! Most children with these names go by their middle names or a nickname to avoid the jokes and snickers over their given names. With that being said, we all name our children with the best intentions. What I do find humorous is people who use the word pretentious and don't know "a lot" is two words.

1 0

@Lori Huckler - pretentious, moi???? A lot takes up alot of time for my poor pretentious fingers to type :)

0 1

I decided a fairly unique name for my son, Ryder, because I didn't want him to have something so many other people have. I didn't want him to have to be in class and have multiple kids with the same name as him. I did give him a traditional middle name after 2 of his grandfathers and 1 of his great grandfathers though.

236 440

I agree, Donna. Seems like a lot of people don't read the only baby names books out there that track the trends--the books Beyond Ava and Aiden (previous editions were Beyond Madison and Montana and the original was Beyond Jennifer and Jason). These books also put names into categories that the authors notice as they scan the lists of new babies in each state, each area, and then even drill down into socio-economic classes. The giving of very traditional names is associated with the upper classes. You'll see multi-generational, old money law firms where the babies of the partners are given names like John Charles, or Helen Elizabeth (or once in awhile Mather Thomas, where "Mather" was his mother's maiden name). People of lower socioeconomic status, with less education and family history, tend to give names like Izreel Benz Lexxus or Izabell Diamond. I went through all three books naming my kids. Because I was wanting to find out the trends and stay away from the "hottest" names (because those names are already on the way out), I stuck to the list in each book called Fitting In/Standing Out. My kids are Alexander (Alec) Jasper with a family surname, Arabella (Bella) Sydonie with a family surname, and Gemma (from Gemelianna) with family surnames. I've gotten many compliments on there names, all of which are very, very old names that are not terribly widely used, but are usable today (unlike Egbert or Clothilde). I can't tell you how many people I've known who are looking for a "unique" name and then end up naming the baby Jacob (which was the #1 name for years) or Olivia (likewise) or Emma or Emily (likewise). And I know they didn't read the book, or they would have realized that their entire short list was in the top 10 for the year before. I don't have a whole lot of friends who would go the Pixel Tweakiebin direction for names.

2 0

I have had 3 boys, unfortunately my first son was stillborn fullterm due to me contracting eclampsia. He was called Raven and would have been 10 years old in May. I have since had 2 more sons Blaze who is 9 years old and Diezel who is 7 years old. Blazes Middle name is Kaiden and Diezels is Raven after his brother. I still love their names to this day, to the point that I was really upset when a so called old friend called her son after Raven his name was precious to me, for that reason I wanted his name to remain un common as I told her prior to her son being born.

I hadnt heard of any boys being called Blaze until recently, there are a few girls with his name though. I have never heard of another boy being called Diezel.

I think unusual names have in themselves become quite common in recent years. What I have found since naming my boys is that unusual names are not always a good idea. My son Diezel is Autistic and struggles to make friends, his behaviour can at times be difficult to manage and his unusual name ensures that he is always remembered and not always for good reasons. He hates his name lately, I think other children have been teasing him. He has been quite angrily asking me why I named him after petrol! Blaze has also at times said he doesnt like his name and would like to be called a normal name.

In hindsight, although I love their names maybe for them a less unusual name would have made them happier? Maybe some children dont want to stand out from the crowd.

22
0 20

Wow!! Really love these names truely unique and awesome, sorry for your loss:(

0 0

Thank you Roberta, very kind of you to say so :) I have to say that as heartbreaking as losing Raven was, it did have one positive effect on my life. It made me realise how lucky I am to have 2 more healthy children. It has made me love and appreciate my boys even more! I feel so lucky to have been blessed with Blaze and Diezel. There are many men and women in this world that can only dream of having what I have, 2 beautiful sons. I tell Blaze and Diezel that Raven is our angel and he lives on in us all, that thought is of great comfort to me :)

0 17

I have always loved the name Blaze and have never heard of anyone else using it before. I like all 3 of the names you chose :)

0 0

My nephews name is Kanyon Blaze! I really like that name!

0 0

What a coincidence, one of singer Toni Braxton's sons is autistic. Their names are Diesel and Denim. Not sure which one is autistic. wonder if it is Diesel. Love the name Blaze too.

0 1

My oldest, who is 13, is also named Blaze. He thinks it's a fantastic name - he now tells everyone he is always permanently "hot". :)

0 0

Very strong, fierce names. :) Sorry for your loss. I love your choices & your reason. I had a friend who stole the name Tristan from me... I ended up having a girl and named her Dominique. Soon after, she had a boy and named him Tristan. Ah well. I look at it as she couldn't be original enough. Lol.

0 22

Donna, I also had a still birth, Victor. I want you to know that Blaze is not lost. He is in Heaven with Jesus and my Victor along with many other babies. We actually have 5 babies in Heaven. I like the name Blaze. I had a friend who called their son, Blaze, many years ago. When your son's grow older they will appreciate their names.

0 1

My 16 year old son's name is Blaze.

22 0

Sorry for your loss. I love Blaze. Toni Braxton (an R&B singer) named her son Diesel with a S. I love both names

0 0

I am so sorry for your loss, and although no one will ever know how you personally felt- I can relate as I caught my fiancé I was dating for 12 years sleeping with my bestfriend, while I was pregnant. We broke up obviously and because of that he decided he wanted noting to do with his child - I was about 4 months along at this point Richard Andrew was going to be the name if it was a boy ( We wanted it to be a surprise) and Carmella Lyn had we gave birth to a baby girl. I had a miscarriage after 7 months gestation, perfectly healthy sonograms and check ups.. Of course devastated and even more so because I had to deal with this alone, he wasn't even there or cared when we lost the child. Worse part was I was so far along the only choice was to induce me and give birth to a stillborn. its a horrific feeling. And I am so sorry for your loss.. I of course automatically thought there was something wrong with me and I wasn't going to be able to have a child. There are many things that run in my family, including a rare rapid heart disease which I have that specifies the inability to have children A bc the baby may not make it and if it were to - it would be very premature and B there is a very high chance of me dying giving birth.. So I blamed myself and of course thought ill never have kd of my own but I am now happily engaged to my highschool sweetheart that I had a few flings with in between the other jerk I was dating for all those years, for about 3 years now..And he assured me that my ex and I were just incompatible and when the time is right him and I will be able to have children. We got pregnant of course, and super excited about it again wanted the gender to be a surprise. Maddison Mae (Maddie Mae) or Harrison John .Unfortunately just a few weeks ago , I had a miscarriage @ 5 months 3 1/2 weeks gestation. Needless to say I know exactly the pain you've gone through and give my reguards to you and your family.. As far as the names go, unique names are the best names for children.. a less unusual name wouldn't have made them happier because unique names don't make them stand out from the crowd. If I have the chance to have a child one day the two names I mentioned were my favorite names so I would name them a name after their lost sibiling .. and I wanted three kids both the boy and girl name I had mentioned, and my third if it were a boy first name mickey and wow I cant think of the middle name right now I'm a bit frazzled typing all this but its a unique name, and girl micki ann ... So bottom line don't doubt what you named your children. they are beautiful names, and they are going to thank you for not naming them the popular generic names that every boy and girl have .

0 0

My son's names are Storm, Kai, And Zane. My grandson's name is Draven. If you think my boys names are unique you should hear my girls names!

21
1 1

Well, my oldest daughters name is April. :) What are your daughters names. I like the ones you chose for your boys.

0 0

YEAH!! This is the first ZANE I have seen!! My 15 year old son is also Zane!

0 0

My youngest is Xane :)

0 0

Thanks! My daughters names are Nizhoni Rayne and Yanabah Ayani.

0 0

I've got to boys - Franco and Demarco - two very strong names...

0 0

I have a 10-year-old Zane.

0 6

I have a 13 year old Zane and it fits him well. I also have a 21 year old Ethan and an 11 year old Corbin. The names fit each one of them.

0 0

Love the names Kai and Zane!!!

0 13

My youngest is Leander Zane

27 18

There was a Zane in my son's Mommy and Me class years ago and his brother's name was Theo. I thought those were two very cool boys names. My sons' names are Donathon which is French for Gift of God and is a variation of Donatien. My middle son's name is Maxton but his nickname Max means Great in Latin and my youngest son is Quinian which is a combination of Quin + Ian. Quin is Irish and Ian is Welsh.

8 0

i also have a son zane and a 15yr old called mason

33 0

Storm is a great, strong name!

0 0

I just named my baby boy who was born Feb 8th Zane! I love it! I only will use unique names. My daughter who is almost 8 is named Mirra (pronounced MEER-AH) Draven was on my list of names to name him but Zane won in the end!

0 18

My husband's name is Zane. We are seeing more now but never used to meet any others.

0 1

Ha great minds, I have a Zane (12 yrs), Jaii (6 years), Cayd (3yrs) and our last edition Zephyr (6 months)

0 4

I have a 5 yr. old Zane and a 4 yr old Greyson. I didn't realize just how popular the name Zane really was.

0 0

My son's name is Dane. We had a mommy and me class with a Zane. They were buddies.

0 4

My son is named Draven!!

0 8

I have a Zane-Rio. He is 4 years old and suits his name perfectly! x

0 60

my sons name is Aries, but his sisters are Jenika and Korlee ;)

0 60

i dated a guy name Leandro, and we knew a guy named Autum

0 0

Zain / Zayne / Zane is actually a popular Arabic/Egyptian/Muslim name meaning attractive female Zaynab/ Zainab meaning pretty.

0 45

My little man is Zane!!! LOVE the name! If he were a irl he would have been Zayne :) I had it all figured out : Zayne Bronte (Nannas names are BRONwyn and TErri) or Zane David Terry (Great grandfather and Great Uncle also named terry!)

1 18

Wow my Daugther name is Kai I love that name

0 0

My daughter's 6 boys are Cody, Seth, Gage, Talan, Cash and Steel. My other 2 grandsons are Landon and Braydon.

19
0 20

LOVE LOVE LANDON and if my second child had been a boy, his name would have been Landon Josiah...

8 0

I love the name Cash and Steel, now those are names to remember, sure names you do not hear very often

0 0

i have a 2.5 year old named Gage!

1 2

So cool my boy's name is Seth.

2 0

I LOVE the name Cash, if I had another boy this would be his name! I really like the name Chase and Chance too.

0 0

I love the name Levi. My daughter and her finace have decided their first son will be named Levi. I have another grandson named Gabriel.

1 45

My fiance wanted me to call our son talan but i rly liked the name ayden so we went with that but if we ever have the gift of another lil boy then we will call him talan harper davis :)

123 1

I love Cash, was going to name my next son Cahsious but Cash is so common now.

0 0

My son is 10 and his name is Gage. I found it in a baby name book. Love it and so does he, along with everyone else that I tell his name. They think its great. My 12 year olds name is Alek.

0 7

My youngest is Landon!! We had not heard the name very often, but now that we've moved to a different state we hear it all the time. The only other boy in his daycare class is Landen :o)

0 0

My son's name is Talan as well. Don't know that many other Talan's.

0 55

I have a Talan as well!!!

0 6

My sons are Logan, Landyn and Josiah

0 0

We also have a Talan :) looks like its become more popular. His is the most unique of our 3, We also have a Carson and Matthew.

0 19

I have a 3 and a half year old son, Talan!

100 3

I have a friend with the last name Paycheck. They named their son Cash. Can't imagine how much that poor boy will be tortured in school.

236 440

I think I've only met one Talan and Cash, and no Steels. Lots of the others, though.

0 0

wow, these names are intriguing! My son's name is Luca (LOO-kah).

17
0 20

My son is Luca too. :) I just live that name. Cute for a boy and sounds like a handsome man when older. Lol

0 20

Sorry I was trying to vote for the name but I'm on my phone and fat fingers got in the way.

0 0

my son is Luca too! It is an old Italian name. Right now he hates it (he's 8), wishes it was Lucas, but I'm sure as he grows up, he'll appreciate it. I hope because my husband and I love it!

0 12

Love love love Luca. It's my mother in laws maiden name and we were going to name our first that if we had a boy..but we had a girl. I also loved it because of the Suzanne Vega song.

2 33

I love this name. This was one of my picks for my son.

0 1

I LOOOOOVE Luca. I work with a Luca and we adore him. It's a cool name without being made up. Alicia, also reminds me of Suzanne Vega :) Our son is not Luca, but kind of fits in with that as a UK sounding name. He is Nevin, which is an Irish family name for us :)

2 0

I like Declan

15
7 0

Hadn't ever the name until it was given to my grandson. It took me several days to remember it, but I can't imagine him with another name now. His baby sister is Delaney.

0 26

I've always LOVED the name Declan....so when we were pregnant, that was the only name we could agree on.....so, when it came down to it...we ended up naming our daughter Declyn Mae (we changed the spelling of it to look "girly")...people love it. We get very positive commenst on it all the time. Now we've just had a baby boy and we named him Garrett Ray.

0 0

My baby is Declan Jacob =D but we call him Ducky for short

0 1

My 4 year old is also Declan... Love the name... was hard to find a name for my 7 month old boy He is called Avian.

0 0

My 4 year old is Declan too! :)

0 20

Declan's my nephew's name. Dad's Irish-American.

4 11

I love the name! My grandson is Declan! We are Irish-American also!

0 2

My husband and I had the name Declan Blade picked out for a boy even when we were dating. We were blessed with two girls, so instead of Declan Blade we have a daughter Kaylan Jade. Still love the name Declan, though. My sister tells me she is stealing it from me if she has a boy! :)

0 30

For any music fans out there: Elvis Costello (born Declan Patrick MacManus, 25 August 1954)

1 0

My husband and I both like the name Declan for a boy. but I love the idea of boy names for girls too ^.

1 0

My daughter is Delaney! I love the name Declan but didn't hear it when I was pregnant with my son. (he's 6) I love those 2 names together.

0 19

Love the name Delaney. If we had a girl that was what we would have chosen. We had a boy and called him Greyson.

0 13

My grandsons name is River Dean. I love it.

14
0 0

My grandsons name is Merick Ezio (pronounced Et-zio). I love his name, it fits him perfectly!!

0 4

I like that name. My Grandfathers middle name is Dean and I wanted to incorperate it in our sons name. We already have 2 boys, Daniel (danny) Franklin Paul and Bodie Alister Isaac. We have done the 2 middle names for the other two but It hard to fit "Dean" in where it sound right. We were thinking Silas Dean....We cant think of another name that sounds good with that.

0 7

One of my sons name is Jerry Dean

0 0

Wow what great names! My son's name is Hudson. Something i dont hear too often.

14
0 0

My first born is named Hudson too!

0 8

My son is a Hudson as well and we get compliments all.the time, that is my mothers maiden name, I love a name that has some family meaning.

0 5

My nephew is Hudson, such a great name!

0 0

My first born is Hudson. My second is Lincoln. We find out on the 16th what our third will be.....

0 12

My youngest is Hudson, the delivery dr's last name! I also am told all the time its a strong name

0 0

LOVE that..Almost named my son that because it was my grandmothers maiden name..

3 56

My third son is named Hudson..I love the name just as much now as when I first heard it.

0 10

My second beautiful son is Hudsen. We love his name and it fits him and our family well. His older brother is Anden, and our new baby will also be a boy and his name is going to be Seiler.

Profile Picture
11 15

My boys are Jude and Elijah.. love both those names.. and I really love Jonah or Levi if we have another boy!

14
Profile Picture
0 27

Our boys are Kyler and Eli. We had Jonah on our list and my all time fav is LEVI! My mil denied us that name :(

Profile Picture
148 0

I have an Elijah too! Eli for short. If we have another boy his name will be Sam or Noah. I like them because they are gentle sounding but they have strong meanings behind them.

Profile Picture
0 0

I have a Jude, and Jonah is our dog. ;-)

Profile Picture
0 0

I have a Jude too :)

Profile Picture
0 16

I have a jude ...he was named this as jude is the patron saint of hopeless causes and lost cases ... while i was pregnant my son is what kept me going through a very trumatic and hard time in my life so when he born jude seemed to be the most fitting name x

Profile Picture
0 24

My son are Jaime and Jude. If I had another boy I love Jonah x

Profile Picture
0 1

Mu sons name is Noah Trent (Trent after his dad ) but I also loved Cohan and Laine for boy.

Profile Picture
0 2

I have 5 sons and two are Jonah and Levi :)

Profile Picture
0 18

Funny, my son is Elijah Jude (we call him Jude). Our other son is Noah.

Profile Picture
0 3

I have a cousin who was born in the 80's named Levi. My great-grandmother thought his name, though biblical, was too strange for her, so she gave him the nickname "Blue Jeans", lol.

0 0

CHANCE - as the dialogue goes in one of Jean Claude Van Damme movies..."what kind of a name is Chance?" his answer... "my Mama took one."

13
0 0

That is my grandson's name. He is only a month old, but the name fits him. I love it!

0 1

My son's name is Chance and we love it. Not very popular though. He's the only one we know of.

0 1

My so is named Chancellor and we call him Chance! He is now almost 19 and he loves his name as much as we did when we chose it! We thought it would allow him to decide who he was

0 0

I love that name... Chance... I am having twins boys, due in August, and I'm thinking of naming one of them Chance. That is so cute... lol.. his mama took a chance. That just made me love the name more. I think Chance is a pretty unique name, and that is exactly what I am looking for. I don't want my kids to have a name that mostly the whole world has heard of. It makes them unique, and I am the type of mother that loves to be unique! :)

1 20

Malachi McKinley........will be my youngest son's first born's name. To be nicknamed "Chi". My grandfather's name was McKinley so it will have a strong meaning for us all who knew him.

12
0 4

I like Malachi. In Ireland, they pronounce it Malakee. It's quite nice.

5 11

My son is Malachi Ellington. We call him Kai.

0 11

My good friend just named her baby girl McKinley...it was her mom's maiden name and she passed away when my friend was 3

0 13

My son's name is Malakhi. He is 5 today..

0 2

My son is called malakai which is the Fijian spelling of malachi

10 0

I'm naming my son Malachi Kelton, and his nickname is also going to be Chi, pronounced "Kai"

0 0

Our son's name is Gunnar Scott. He's the only one in our town with that name!

12
0 0

That's awesome. My son's name is Gunnar Patrick Scott; Scott is our last name... so I have a Gunnar Scott too! I didn't think I would find another one.

0 2

Gunnar Scott is the character from Nashville tv series

0 0

My son's name is Gage. First heard it in Stephen King's Pet Sematary and knew that was the name I would use if I had a boy!

12
0 13

haha it's funny how different people think! I heard the name Gage on Pet Sematary & that's what has COMPLETELY turned me off it lol.

12 14

I too love that name for the same reason!

71 10

My son's name is Gage as well! and Pet Semetary is my favorite scary movie. I liked it most of all because it means in tribute to. he has his grandfathers names..It is Gage Frederic-William. He was a tribute to them

5 0

My son is also Gauge but his father didn't want it spelled in the traditional way, so we spelled it like a twelve-gauge. His middle name is Riddick, from Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick. Gotta love Vin Diesel.. *sigh* ;)

0 0

We too have a Gage, though when asked about the Pet Cemetary connection, we always let people know we did not name him after the scary little boy in a Stephen King movie :) We also have an Alec and a Noah.

0 3

I love the name Gage for the same reason!! I always said I wanted to name a son Gage from Pet Cemetary!

0 19

My son is named for a character in the movie "The Fifth Element" Corbin Robert Dallas. The Robert is for my husband's late grandfather. I have had a doctor even comment on his name and how cool it was.

11
2 20

Almost named my eldest Corbin- Love it!

0 6

My youngest - 11 years old is named Corbin and I love it, but I thought I was being original, we had never heard it before, but there are 2 other Corbins at his school...

0 7

My son's name is Corbin as well, Corbin Mattix Dziuba, Mattix is a combination of his two grandfathers' names (Matthew & Felix).

0 8

My maiden name is Corbin, and as I was unmarried when I gave birth, this was not an option. I do however wish to this day that I had used it as his middle name!

0 1

My niece's name is Presley Korbyn.... Love the name Corbin/ Korbyn for boy or girl!

0 14

My sons name is Dallas! If I were to have a girl I was going to spell it Dallis.

0 0

We have a Corbin Stevens. Corbin as a play on my husband's name, Cory. It is tradition in our family to use the Father/Mother's middle names so Stevens reflects both his Father and Grandfather's middle name.

0 14

My 10 month old is Korben!! Also inspired by The Fifth Element! :)

0 27

I just named my baby boy Archer, we thought it was a little different, and really like it. The name I wanted for the longest time was Atticus-love it!

10
0 27

I love the name Atticus!

0 9

My youngest son's middle name is Archer. We were afraid people would call him Archie if we used it as a 1st name.

2 37

I too love the name Atticus!

0 52

My sister named her son Atticus. We love the name.

0 20

Wow, my baby (19 months) is also Archer! We love it and get lots of comments on it. My other two boys are Isaiah and Zachary.

0 0

Atticus was my granddaughter's second choice for her son. And i wish she had picked it.

0 0

I have a Maximus Mateo
"greatest gift from god!"
Everyone loves Maximus!

10
27 18

My best friend calls our son Maximus but his real name is Maxton. For the longest time, her husband thought his name was Maximus. That is a great name Maximus Mateo! He will go far and do great things I am sure. Our Max is a handful. We call him Monkey Max cause he climbs on practically everything he is allowed to.

1 35

My second child is called Cohen Maximus. It took friends and family a while to get used to it but we love it.

0 0

My son's name is Maxsen. He's a handful too :)

0 1

My first son's name Maxim (we call him Max) and is a real spirited kid and climb on everything he finds! My second son is name Zachary and is so much calmer...

1 52

my Son s name is Mateo! I love Maximus too maybe for his little brother

3 0

My sons are Connor and Xander.

10
0 0

My eldest is Zander with a Z.

137 96

My son is named Xander too! His baby brother is Zachary!

123 1

I was thinking Xander for my next

0 4

My sons name is Xander as well. Xander Damien! We love it and at 6.5 yrs old he lovesit too.

0 16

My son is named Talon. My husband is from Quebec and we wanted a name that would sound great in both French and English.

9
0 0

My son is Talan as well!!! LOVE it!!!!!

0 55

I have a Talan as well. He is 5 years old. What are your Talan's middle names? Mine is Talan Coner

0 0

My son was supposed to be Talin Alexander. But after persuasion from the grandparents it is Alexander Talin. But it fits him perfectly.

0 19

We have a Talan Edward.

0 0

My son's middle name is Talon....we have a love for birds of prey, and wanted a cool middle name for him. His first name is traditional after a close family friend, a former teacher, a family member, and a particular fellow in the Bible...Joseph. We call him Talon though. I see his name every now and then, but it's not too popular or too offbeat. He can always go by his first name later if he wants.

0 24

My son is Talon Rayne, both unusual. I love it!

9 1

My son's name is Samson. He was my first born, somewhat named after his grandfather, Samuel. Luckily he was a big baby (almost 9 lbs) and grew into a large man. He's grown now, 6'3" and very handsome so the name fits him perfectly!

9
2 0

I have been blessed with 3 healthy girls, but many years ago I discovered by suprise that I was pregnant with twin boys, unfortuently they had severe TTTS in utero and I lost my precious ones in my 20th week, but Had named them already a a month previously, they were Kiernan and Kynan, Strong celtic names and unique as well, still love the names to this day! and my angel boys as well!

7
0 9

My first pregnancy was twin boys too, who died in utero at 26 weeks. They were named Zack and Marcus. They would have been 19 next month. I also have an (almost) 18 year old daughter and a 13 year old son named Saxon Eli. :)

1 17

My son is called roman I adore the name and suits him so well

7
0 19

My sons names are Preston, Keegan & Braxton.

7
0 5

my son is Keegan also!

0 13

Preston is one of my favorite names. My son is Tristan Joseph!

0 21

I have a Brakstin Isaiah and he loves his name.

0 13

My son is Presten Wayne I love his name and he is the only Presten at his school and his name suits him so well

8 4

My grandson was named after 2 characters from the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, his name is Caleb Daniel.......my middle grandson's name is Parker Braden...and my youngest grandson's name is Draven Allen

7
1 0

Caleb Daniel is a great name...I just love it..it has soul and spirit and something special..way-to-go!!

0 16

Nice names! I named my second boy Gian Caleb :)

0 11

wow, I wasn't going to post on here cause I was sure I 'd see my sons name, but i didnt so, my son's name is Leland Thomas, The "lee" is from both sides and Thomas his father's great great grandfathers name. Plus we both loved watching dog the bounty hunter when i was pregnant, and we both fell in love with it.

6
0 12

We loved DTBH too! So our son is Leland Frederick Albert, I love the fact I can call Lelands name and he'l be the only child that answers. The Frederick and Albert are after my hubby's grandads. A lot of people when we first mentioned our choice of name turned their noses up but we threatened calling Leland Duane-Lee! :). So congratulations on your choice x

0 0

I have 2 boys, my 6 year old is called Leeland Jack and I have never heard of anyone else with the same name, my 1 year old is called Kian James. I know a lot of people were supprised with our choice of names (especially with my eldest son) but I love their names and they suit their names perfectly :)

0 13

We named our first son Leeyland Michael-Lane. Yes that is how we spelled it. Lol. That's the only name we both liked and agreed on. He's 2 yrs now.

10 0

My nephew is Leeland Amadeus, and it fits him perfectly.

0 16

My son's name is Connal. It is a Scottish name meaning strong wolf. So appropriate as he is a gymnast with amazing muscles.

6
0 27

Hi Rhonda my sons name is also Conall we spell it that way my dad is irish and he says I made up the spelling because he has never seen it spelt like that before lol x Conall Thomas is his full name and he also is very true to his Galic meaning "as strong as a wolf", a good strong footballer, there is no other Conall's in his school or home town that we know of and I love his name x

8 0

I do not have any boys myself but my favorite nephew in the world is named Journey. He gave his mom quite a journey to enter this world :)

6
0 20

Love it!

10 0

My cousin named her son Journey Jamal after her husband died two months before he was born in a plane crash in a "journey" around the world and his name was Jamal.

0 0

My 18 month old son is Landrey. My maiden name is Landers so I wanted to keep the tradition but be a little different. I love the name Landon as well but that's a little more common so we decided to go with Landrey Patrick.

5
33 4

I mis-read that and thought your surname was Landers. i thought you were going for a superhero name 'Landrey Landers'!

0 0

My son is Lawson James. We call him Law or Law-dog (from the movie, Tombstone). We wanted something that was strong and sounded a bit like a cowboy. We always get complements on the name.

5
27 18

That is awesome! I like cowboy names. Old western movies are cool. I must watch Tombstone again.

0 0

I love that name, hadn't heard of thought of it, but should have known from movie! Funny part is, I'm the biggest NYC'r/Eastern Snob in the world honestly, so it'd have been ironic if I went that route! My son is Layne Warner (after Layne Staley of Alice In Chains) & to have a possible last name change for future, need be, our last name is a bear!

0 32

That's a nice name :) My Older brother, he died from cancer at 16. His name was Alvin James Lawson III.

1 11

I have 3 sons and their names are Hunter, Lawson and Slater. I really love all these names still to this day!

0 1

I have four boys and a very common last name so wanted names a bit different...we have Khody Dayne, Wyatt Jackson, Damyn Russell, and Grady Maxim. They are all strong, big, amazing boys!

**Thought I would add their middle names too! :D

5
0 5

Great names! We have a common last name of Smith as well - so we gave all 3 of our children two middle names.

0 1

I haven't seen the name Ezra on here yet. That was my husband's choice for our first born but I didn't like it at the time. It has really grown on me now...maybe a grandson someday! ;-)

0 1

That's funny that you have a Khody Dayne because I have a Cody Wayne :) I also have a 2nd boy named Dawson Frank and one on the way (don't know the sex yet).

33 0

I have an Ezra!

0 3

My brothers name is Cody Wayne too!

0 0

Some of the wonderful names of the children in my childcare home: Dakota, Kairo, Rocklin, Enzo, Brody, Landon and Cooper.

5
0 0

My son's name is Cooper and he gets comments on it all the time.

0 1

I like Dakota my daughter was nearly called Dakota but then we decided on Marlie glad we did because I run into so many Dakotas that r her age maybe because it is such a nice name never thought of it for a boys name but it would be nice for either.

0 9

My sister's boys are Cooper and Tallis. My son's name is Saxon.

0 11

I love the name kairo but I would keep it as Cairo. I have a 2 yr old girl named Vienna Yve so I'm kinda iffy to name my 2nd after another city buy I really like it. My last name is long and common so I love 3 letter middle name. But can't think of one??

0 0

I have a girl Dakota. It's a little weird running into boys named Dakota but I think that's just because I am used to it as my daughter's name.

2 0

I have three boys named Xavier, Everett and Quentin. We wanted names that people would recognize and be able to pronounce, but weren't too common.

0 14

My boys are Bryson, Daylen and Kyran! Love them all

0 2

i have a grandson name Tustin wyatt

0 2

Linda Moore Executive Runners Professional Cleaning Service I have a grandson name after Tustin,calif his name is Tustin Wyatt

0 0

Our little guy is Caden Austin. The Caden is Welsh for spirit of battle. His father and I have British Isles ancestry in common. His dad and I met face to face in Austin, TX.

0 20

I just want to say, that the "uniqueness" of these names is about the parents, not the child. Naming your child things like Stone, River, Cedar, etc. and then spelling the names in completely ridiculous ways that no one will be able to remember is selfishness on the part of the parents. Those children are going to get tormented in school! I agree with an earlier post that said - Let your kids personality make them unique! I have a friend that named her little girl Cedar Branch. Seriously????? Are you going to pay for all of her counceling later too? Get over yourselves people! You are torturing your children so that you can feel special for picking a "unique" name!!!!!!

0 24

My son is Enzo Francesco...everything thinks it is such a cool original name but then I ask have they heard of Enzo Ferrari and the light bulb goes on! My husband is Sicilian so we shortened Vincenzo which is popular name in his family and his middle name is my father in law's legal name but he went by Franco when he came to the states.

0 0

I think boys generally do not like having unique names. Girls and their mothers like unique names, not boys. Ask any boy with a unique name whether he would rather have a common name and the majority would say yes. Do your son a favor and choose a semi-common name for him! He will appreciate it much more than something unique. If you have a girl, by all means, name them something unique.

4
29 3

I disagree. My sons are Cayden, Zavien, Dallen and Tayne, and they all love having unique names. Cayden's name isn't very unique now but is was 10 years ago when I named him. He actually got upset when he met another boy called Cayden, he loved being the only one he knew with that name.

0 5

My first born is named Callum after my mother's maiden name (Mac Callum). This name is very common in Scotland but relatively rare where we live. My second son is named Zachary. I wanted Zachary to also have family ties reflected in his name so we gave him the middle name Glenn-David (after both grandfathers). I personally love the hyphenated middle name. I think that with multiple middle names, one or more are often dropped and I did not want this to occur. I hope the hyphen with accomplish this.

0 3

We named our son Beau. My last name is Bell, and even though it's not the French spelling, we like that Beau was the masculine version of "belle". He is the most gorgeous little man, so his name truly suits him.

0 1

so surprised I haven't heard my sons name. Cole is a strong and awesome name and he is the only one in his grade witht hat name. His middle name is Desmond after his grandpa who died before he was born.

0 2

my sons name is jett angelus he is 10 weeks old my 8 yr old is reese aiden daughter is annikaraine

0 3

I names my eldest Elijah and my youngest Kyzar :) I love strange names, never heard kyzar before so I snatched it up :)

0 13

There are some great names on this list! My 3-year-old son's name is Kieran. He was born on St. Patrick's Day, so it was fitting to give him a good Irish first name. I always get compliments on his name! It is not something you hear every day, but not so "out there" that people say "what were you thinking?"

0 82

My son's name is Zabian! It is an adaptation of the name his birth parents gave him.

0 45

Well, my son's name is Carter Lee...obviously not out there now-a-days. However, if our next child is a boy, his name will be Ryland Michael. I have loved loved loved that name forever and, if we are to have another baby boy...it will be his!! Not too different but not your everyday, run of the mill, name either. :). love it.

0 0

My sons name is Ryland!!! We heard the name on a tv show a few years before we had our son and fell in love. And it so fits our son!!!

0 20

Named our son BrocNathan Armond. Our other son had his other grampas name for the middle one & so we wanted my dad, Armond (German Heritage) for the 2nd son. Loved both the name Brock (Means Badger & we live in the Badger State) & Nathan (Means gift from God) and I liked the way it sounded together .... a bit long, but still only 3 syllables like Christopher. So decided to shorten it by dropping the 'k'. Have to admit tho' - he mostly goes by Broc (Still sounds like Brock) now that he is older. Still like it ... but today I wouldn't have minded making it into 3 names either. Funny note: when he was 2 & someone ask his name. His reply was BrocNathan Armond Gramma "Jones" haha - must of thot if he had Grampa's name in there, he needed to add the Gramma in there too. :)

0 4

I have three boys. My oldest was born in 96 and at that time his name was unique I named him Dylan James our second son is Ashton Michael and our third is Grayson Patrick. I love combining a unique name with a traditional name...

0 9

My sons are Brogan Dale and Cherokee John-William the middle names are after someone dear to the family. Cherokee is called Chuck.

0 19

We have a Talan Edward and a Rogue William. They are still little (3 and 1) so time will tell if they love their names as much as we do, but I wouldn't change a thing-I couldn't imagine them as anyone else.

0 9

I named my eldest son janric a combination of jan for january and ric from my husband name eric.my due date for this child was supposed to be on january and was born last day of december.my second son named ivieson which mean he is ivy's son.sometimes when i recall how he first pronounced his name as ivieton it made me laugh.i really love their names!

0 5

I have never posted before...but thought I'd give it a try since my boys names aren't up here yet... Brougan Mathieu (first name is Irish meaning a heavy shoe. Middle name is French spelling of Matthew.) Mathieu is my favourite name since I was a kid. Donovan Orion (Irish meaning dark warrior and Orion after the star constalation.) Brennick Lee (Scottish and Lee comes from both our families)

13 0

My 8yr old is Louie( family name). I didn't really like it at first but it fits him now not to mention he is the only Louie in school. I am pregnant now w/ another boy his name will be Rocco.

0 16

My sons name is Parker, don't know where I got it from but I love it.

0 12

We named our boy Ryker, and I love it!!!!!

2 0

We named our son Aldrich, pronounced Ald-Rick, everyone says it wrong but we love the name. We call him Aldi for short.

0 9

I have one son. I haven't heard or seen Shane on the posts. ;) Shane Michael.

0 3

I have two boys Kaidan Churchill ( pronounced Kay-Dan) And Kohen (pronounced KO-N)

0 8

I half agree, I gave my son the name Tyce Alexander. First name is unique, middle name is common. I did this simply because he may decide he doesn't like his unique name (although he is 100% Tyce) and choose to go by Alex. I lovE his middle name as well but it is so common. AND I also thought about the chance of him wanting to drop our last name, for business purposes (I'm thinking WAY ahead, and hopeful that he will be very successful) Our last name just doesn't have that strong sound you would want to have when introducing yourself or if you have an architecture firm named after yourself ;) Tyce Alexander is a great name in itself. LOVE IT. Now I need to think of another just as great for the next one that we hope to come soon :)

2 21

My 10 year old sons name is Schroder Brennan. He is the only Schroder that I've ever known ( besides the character in Charlie Brown) and he loves having a unique name. He gets compliments on his name all of the time. We wanted a classy and original name for him. His name suits him in every way.

4 17

My sons name is Julien. Its unique but not unusual , and we spelled it Julien instead of Julian, we liked the french spelling :)

4
0 15

Thats my fathers name, spelled the same way :)

0 0

I'm Sarah also and my oldest son is Julian too. (except with the a) Pretty neat! Nice name! :)

0 35

My grandsons are Trenton Ontario, Elias Chance and Nikolas Daniel. We usually call them Trent, Eli and Nik.....

4
0 4

Your grandson is named after a city in Ontario? I'm sorry - but that's terrible. It would be equivalent to naming your child "Waterloo" or "Mississauga" .. I agree completely with the woman above who said that these names are just pretentious.. Trenton Ontario.. The nicknames of Trent, Eli and Nik are much more reasonable..

0 4

Let's try to be kind and remember that there is actually a child attached to each of these names. I'm disappointed to see the negativity.

0 0

I am disappointed also. That comment was very negative and extremely rude! Those types of comments are not necessary. This is a posting about unique names, not about names you think are more reasonable!

0 13

I know two little boys named Boston and Houston

0 29

My 9 month old's name is Denver :)

0 52

My son's name is Noah Elias. I wanted to name him Elias Marshall but at the last minute we changed our minds. I love the name Elias!

0 0

nice names... I am having twin boys and I was looking for nice names that begin with O. My first born's name is O'rien, and it may seem dorky to some women, but I like the idea of my children having the same initials.. I agree about the negativity here. That wasn't necessary.

0 35

Trenton's middle name happens to be his father's middle name - Justin Ontario. I seriously doubt he was named after the city. Since I posted this, I have welcomes another grandson - Brayden Joel who is now four weeks old. That makes 7 grandchildren for me - and we found out on Easter that my son and his girlfriend are expecting. I feel old - and I am only 50!

236 440

Place names have been a trend for at least two decades now: 20 years ago, Montana and Dakota were really hot names, as well as Madison (for Wisconsin or the President), Kansas, Virginia, India, Ireland...not hot in numbers, but very stylish. It's still a trend: like naming a child after where the parents married or got engaged, or where the baby was conceived or born. So the baby might be Boston, or Nassau, or Sannabel, or Moritz, or Riviera, or Paris. See the book Beyond Ava and Aidan for more trends like this (my favorite books; I'm not affiliated with them, but I really hate to see people going "my baby's name is so unique!" only to find out they're having to use their child's last initial when they go to preschool because they're one of 3 in the class).

0 0

My two boys are Camden Morrison, and Jacoby Dylan..

4
0 0

My older son is Jacob, but I call him Jacoby sometimes just as a pet name. It's very sweet.

0 19

We named our daughter Camdyn.....threw in a "y" to make it look more girlie...lol. She is now in preschool & has a boy Camdyn in her class :) spelled the same & everything!! Love the name!!

0 16

My son is Jacobe also. We pronounced it Ja- Kobe, not Jacob- y.

0 10

My son is 15 months and he is named Camden. Took a minute for me to get use to the name but now I love it. Not at all common!

0 22

Jacob Dylan is Bob Dylans sons name who is the singer in the band The Wallflowers. Did you get it from that?

0 0

We have a Kamdyn. He's a boy :)

0 12

My son is Jaycob Dylan, I've spelt his name with a Y because I can't stand Jake for a nickname!!! So Jaycob gets called Jay or jayjay which works really well

1 0

My son's name is Evan Kayra...Kayra is of Turkish heritage and it means God's Blessing.

4
0 20

My son's name is Evan Killian - Killian is my grandmothers maiden name

0 8

Love the name Evan! My son is Evan Shai. Shai means gift!

0 31

My son is Evan Mitchel. Middle name is his father's. We love Evan because its not too common and not completly out there either.

0 2

We also picked Evan partly because it wasn't too common, and then he ended up having two other Evans in his class for three years in a row!

0 18

I have an Evan Daniel. His middle name after my step-dad, but he raised me my whole life, so I wanted to pay tribute to him somehow, since I don't have his last name. My oldest is a mouthful.....Wayne William Hamblin V. He goes by Billy and so do all the previous Waynes. I clearly lost that namesake argument, so I was able to chose whatever I wanted for our 2nd.

4 21

I had three boys, but the first tpassed away. He would have been 8 this year. His name was Kelvin. I also have Zerik and Zayne, and my friend's son is Deegan. We love the boys having another quality to make them unique and special. I have to admit though, if I knew how many Zaynes there were, regardless of spelling, I would have chosen something different.

3
0 0

I have a boy named SALEM. It took us two weeks to figure a name for him, who was "Baby Boy" in the meantime!! Salem can be pronounced in many different languages, and you can call him "Sal" for short :) He's only 6, but he LOVES his name. And no, we didn't name him after the cigarettes...in Arabic, it's pronounced "saa-lem", not "sAY-lem" .

3
22 0

Salem I like it. It reminds me of the tv show with the 3 witches whom were sisters Phoebe, Prue and I forgot the other one name.

0 0

When picking a name for my son, I really wanted on older Italian name but something cute & trendy that would grow with him as he gets older. What we came up with...Dominic Anthony:) It has everything we wanted in a name...tradition & strength with a hint of uniqueness:) Very seldom do we run into another Dominic that's around his age.

3
9 1

my grandson was born 14 months ago... he is Dominic Adam so that he will have the same initials of my husband.

0 0

We wanted an Italian name and not a common name. My husband is Michael (Mike) and said everywhere you got here are a million Mkes. After two days with no name, my son became Gianni Michael. We love the name! We have only heard a couple of others with this name.

0 4

Gianni was on my list. i like it a lot.

0 0

My cousin named her 4 month old baby boy "Gianni Michael" as well!

0 15

We named are son Dominic as well. Not a name you hear often, but is something that will grow with them!

0 8

My son is 3 and his name is Dominic Scott. He is named after my husband's great grandfather who come over from Italy. Scott is my hubbys name, name after Scottie Baldwin from GH! His Mom loved that show!!

0 19

I have 2 sons, Gideon and Olivander (Ollie ).

0 11

Wow! Very surprised there isnt a Ryder on here yet. Wanted Something you dont hear often and kind of cowboyish. Middle name is Wayne (after my dad). Having another boy and my husband and i cannot agree on a name! Lol. I really like the name Lucas but dont know what i would pair it with. My husband wants to name him Colt Danger. Ehh. Idk :)

0 0

Wow! I have a Ryder & was planning on Colton for second son. I would've called him Colt. But we changed last minute to Blake. Our 3rd boy is Tate.

0 0

My Father, Brother & Nephew are all named Domenick Anthony :)

1 0

My oldest son Blue James is 8, my youngest is River C (yes just the letter C) and my 3rd son due on April 24th will be named Haze William. I love my son's names. They suit them so well.

0 21

We have an Ares Dominic. We happened to be passing a street sign when we found called Dominion. We were pregnant with Dmitri Aaron when we saw the sign and decided if we ever had another boy that Dominic would be his middle name. We chose Ares to be named after the greek god of war.Dmitri's name goes along with his sisters names, Rayne and Willow. It means lover of nature and he loves them very much.

0 17

My baby boys are Wolfgang Kashmir and Maverick Loomis. I love their names and we get compliments constantly on their uniqueness!

0 43

My son is Dominik Valentino. We went through tons of names and I chose his name. It fits him so well!

0 6

my name is dorray. my mother was dorothy and my father was raymond. i had the name for 63 years now

0 3

My sons are Cody and Cory. I really liked Beau, but no one else liked it. Working on naming the third, not sure if boy or girl yet. Maybe Casey

0 2

My son's name is Kalliam Eddison. Kalliam is a mix of Kal (for Kal-el, a superman reference) and Liam (my husband's grandfather William). Eddison is a reference to my husband Eddy (Eddy's son). I absolutely love it and have never heard anyone else with this name. He also has the option to go by Kal if he doesn't like to stand out in the crowd!

0 9

My boys are Clive and Blake. Clive is named after my husbands favorite great uncle and Blake is named after the late famous movie director/producer of Breakfast at Tiffany and the Pink Panther.

0 14

My son is called Casper Oliver after much debate! We had names like Fabien, Tobias, Thor and Felix to name a few. We picked the best but he has had a lot of stick from cruel kids ref the 'ghost movie'. Being unique has alot to answer for and our son has ASD too, so we have to watch for his reactions. We have yet to come across another Casper and mine is now 13, adorable and handsone and certainly unique to us! I love all the names on here!

0 3

Haskel, Braden, Devin, Cody, & Ronald are the more unique male names in my family! 12 yrs ago, when I had only heard of 2 Baileys! Beatle Bailey & Bailey on Party of 5, both male, I named my son Bailey Austin! By the time he was 4, there were so many girls named Bailey! I was disappointed b/c I thought I had a unique, handsome, easy, male name for my son! O well, it's still the best name in my head to this day! Bailey Austin ;~}

0 17

I'm surprised I havent heard my boys' names on here. I have a Harrison Green A***** who is 6 and Guy Roger A***** who is almost 3. Other names that I like for boys are Colm, Cohen, Cullen, Rhett, Bently and Bryant. We almost named our youngest Gerhart (a family name).

7 13

My son is Dakota Quentin....he is 18 and really likes his name...I wasn't so sure when everyone started naming their girls Dakota!

6 17

Most unusual boy names I've heard are: Couger, Calloway, Ronan, Cordon, Jory, Truce, and Ennen. Although I've been personally fond of Mayhem (pronounced with a silent h, like May-em).

1 0

We have a little fella called Banjo. We knew we wanted an old fashioned, Australian name. I hope he likes it when he grows up... took us bloody ages to settle on it. Even though we'd considered it before he was born, he was 3 weeks old before we finally settled on it.

2 1

my boys are Logan Kyle and Gerald(pronouced Gar-old) Alijah. Gerald is my hubbys name so they share the same initials, my first son isnt named after anyone....when we picked Logan it was #30 on the list in 2003 now it is in the top 10. I didnt want a name in the top 20 with him, then #2 didnt want anything in the top 50! Pregnant with boy #3 due in Sept and we are naming him Draco Chase...with Drake being a nickname for Draco!

0 21

we' re about to name our fourth saxxon tyler james- we also have a ryan christopher , jessica rhianna and a jaidyn :) some other names we are thinking of for sax were jaxxon , kieran, k'ai, malak'ai and t'ai :)

7 29

my son name is sky and his middle is earth

0 1

My son's name is Sebastian and we often get compliments on it! His nickname is Sebbie and he loves it! :)

3 0

My youngest son ( 1yr old) is named Dominic Jacob. We Love the name!!!

236 440

Our younger two are Bella and Gemma (nicknames for Arabella and Gemelliana). Bella is 13, and we/she gets asked all the time "Did you name her for the Twilight character?" Uh, no, she was 5 when the first book was published, and we'd named her long before! Both are good Italian names with long history (Gemma's name is the name of a Senatorial family from ancient Rome). Bella might have been Giancarlo if she'd been a boy. More modern than Julien, which we also considered, but we didn't want kids teasing "him" with calling him Julie. Since Julie isn't a name you hear among kids anymore, it probably wouldn't have happened, but since she turned out to be a girl, it didn't matter. Thought about Luca has well, and Matteo. Our oldest has a Greek name, Alexander, partly because it's a family surname and partly because my brother's name is Andrew, and the "ander" in both is the same Greek word. So my son is named after my brother.

0 8

My boy's name isn't necessarily unusual, but he's the only one we know with it! His name is Maxwell James ~ Maxwell came b/c my friend told me I should name my baby after something I loved & I said "I love coffee, but folgers is no good...Maxwell House!!!" & so I dropped the 'house' & kept the Maxwell. The James is after his Dad. Everyone always compliments us on his name...or called him Maximillian, Maximus, Maximum Destruction...he fits his name & we love his 7 yr old self!! He has an almost 2 yr old niece named "Noa". Yep, just like the guy with the ark only this is a girl & my daughter dropped the 'h' on the end. Took some getting used to but now I just love her name; Noa Riley :)

2 0

We have a Reid and Luke. We have a long last name, so we needed something short and sweet! A friend named her newest baby, Easton, and I love that name! I think it is a great name for a hockey loving family!

1 0

I have a Ronan David...I wanted something unique and beautiful for his first name and Ronan just felt right. David is the name of his father. He is TOTALLY a Ronan! We call him Rone or Roni, for short.

1 0

mnh

2 24

I have 4 sons and their names are Ryan Alexander, Simon Lee, Jonathan Michael aka Joby, and Oliver Matthew, my daughter is Natalie Rebecca Elizabeth our stillborn daughter is Emily Rachel Elisha, love their names, and grandsons are Leyton Tyler & Owen Alexander

0 1

My son's name is Ezra King. King is a family middle name. We chose Ezra because we like biblical names, it's unusual, and we like the sound. My nephews are Amos and Nehemiah (we call him Nehi for short).

2
0 0

My son's name ir Frangelico Isaac and his sister is Hennessy Antonella.