In what ways is your home town unique from other places you've lived or traveled?

3 6

Growing up in a small town in North Dakota, nothing can compare to it! It is where I have eaten some of the best meals that cannot be compared to anywhere in the world. I would hang out with my friends and play sports, play games, go to school and just have fun. My home town has my childhood memories and no town will have those special memories.

0
0 0

First, it depends on what we're calling my "hometown". My husband and I met in Vancouver, and subsequently lived together and married there. He was the stage manager for the show I was performing in. As I sang onstage and generally vamped it up, he was giving me notes like "Stop flirting with the stage manager". Good thing I didn't listen to him!

I guess Vancouver is unique because that's where our story started, where we share a frame of reference. He produced my first one-woman show there, and we are seeking opportunities to do this again. Having two small children makes this goal a lot harder, but he has always supported me and my creative pursuits, and who knows, our plans might take us back to Vancouver for a visit!

Also, the pot. Nowhere else have I been able to get a buzz simply by walking down the street.

0
0 0

My home town is special to me because it's the first place I lived with my husband. I have experienced most of my major life moments in this town so it will always be that little bit more special than the other places I've lived.

0
0 0

London is the only place I have lived, but having spent time in other places, I know I love where I live! London must be one of the easiest cities in the world to be a Muslim in, or whichever faith you choose to follow. Its also a good place to be a woman of colour – the diversity of this city is such that whatever you look like: Hijabi, Punk, Hasidic, Rastafarian, City Gent, Hare Krishna devotee, Sloane Ranger, you don’t stand out all that much. With the mix of communities come the different villages. As those who live here know, London isn’t a city really, but a series of villages which have collided with each other.

It’s a city with such great strength of spirit. The 7/7 attacks happened in London on a Thursday and the city was back on its feet and back to work on the same tube system on Monday. No whinging, no shutting the place down, two-finger salute to the perpetrators and back to business. The Blitz Spirit was alive and well and I felt so proud that Monday of my city. There are so many amazing places around the word, but none like London.

0