What's your biggest fear as a parent?

Moms can't help but worry about their kids, especially in situations you can't control. What fear has plagued you the most as parent and has anything helped you overcome t?

12 20

I'm more afraid of anything that my daughter will be molested. And no nothing has helped me overcome. And I'm grateful for my paranoia. Less than 2 weeks ago we went to a wedding. My 4 year old made friends with another little girl, a few months older than her. The girls hated being inside where it was dark and the music was loud and wanted to be outside. It was very hot and muggy so I'd take them out for about 20 minutes and go back in for about 20 minutes. Everyone said, to just leave them outside because there were plenty adults outside smoking that would keep an eye on them. But I refused. Eventually I asked the other little girls mom to keep an eye on them since she was outside but to bring them in when she went back in. I told the girls to stay on the lawn and to go in when the other mom went inside. I covered all my bases...or so I thought. I was inside for about 6 minutes, holding my sleeping son when I saw the other mom back inside but didn't see the girls. I asked my mother in law to check outside where they were playing, and she didn't see them. I handed off my son and started running to the bathrooms and everywhere they might be inside. Everyone told me they were probably hiding under the tables and to calm down and not to make a scene. I ran outside and around the corner as I saw a black truck with a man jumping out towards the girls. Then he saw me ducked back in and sped off. So the story from the girls was that the men told the girls there was a pig in the abandoned house behind the property. The girls went to see but my daughter wouldn't go in when she saw how dark, dirty and scary it was. Her friend wanted to but my daughter wouldn't. She asked where the pig was and the men told them it ran away and asked the girls to help them find it. My daughter got scared and she dragged her friend away. Thats when they heard the truck speeding towards them and thought they were going to get hit and jumped out of the way and the man jumped down to grab them. If I hadn't been paranoid, and few seconds later, the girls would have been gone. I'm just mad that I wasn't paranoid enough that I trusted another mom. Lesson learned, just because someone else is a mom, doesn't make them motherly. Turns out she was too busy drinking and flirting to notice her daughter.

9
13 3

I don't think this is fear. This is common sense. The only people who wouldn't have this fear are the moms who aren't motherly. Stick by your paranoia and hold your ground there. Sorry those guys went after your girl but glad you caught her in time

5 3

OMG!!! This story just made me sick to my stomach! Shame on that other mother! Thank God you were there to witness this happening and to save those little girls from the most horrifying incident a parent could ever encounter! There's just too much evil in this world not to be fearful! This too is my worst fear as a parent. Great job mama! :0

25 0

Victoria, i share your fear, i wish my daughter father will feel the same. He is so busy within him self, tha he doesnt know that there are a lot of sickos out there.

4 10

Something I've done with both of my children, now 8 and almost 11, is to empower them to deal with situations like this. I've told them not to scream help, but rather, "Stop! You're not my mom (or dad)". We've talked about what to do if someone tries to lure them off with a lost pet - "Wait, I'll get my mommy to help." We've talked about what to do if locked in a trunk, or where to aim a foot or finger or punch. We've talked about who to go to for help - an employee, security officer, maybe another mom... And, beyond that, I don't tell them what to do with their bodies. I do not make them give hugs or kisses, or dance on command, or show me their wounds if they don't choose to. I don't demand that they just do what adults say without question, because I would rather they trust their instincts and judgement. I ma trustworthy, so that they can trust me when I tell them that people who want to separate them from their parents are not to be trusted, and that they can come to me when they need to. We homeschool, so they are not in the habit of being out of touch with their parents for several hours a day. We do our best to fill up their lives with joy, so that they aren't looking for others to fill that function. that makes them a lot less vulnerable. Most kids are able to sense danger with the proper information - in the way your daughter did, in a very impressive way for a 4 year old. I hope you are hugging and loving her lots!

0 0

Victoria, I feel the same way. I have a 3 year old son and I pray daily for his safety. These sick people don't just target girls they are after boys as well. I am so happy that you instantly got up and went to look for your daughter. Her willingness to not go with the man lets me know that you are teaching her the rules of safety. Stick to your guns and don't let anyone tell you that your are too paranoid. You are my "shero" for the day.

0 4

That wasn't your paranoia but your intuition; your sixth sense. We all have it...continue your magic. Love your work! X

1 0

Great great great job Victoria! I share the same fear and people around me had been giving me hell for not letting my children out of my sight. Your experience convinced me that we could not be too careful. Way to go Victoria! Wish there are more moms having keen eyes and iron will like you to make this world a great deal safer and better for all children to live in.

31 1

No way are you paranoid! Your a vigilant parent. I have the same fears for my sons and I don't let them out of my personal space or sight ( one is nearly 4 and the other is 17 months) when I am out and about. I had a friend comment that I was overprotective, well she experienced since someone picking her toddler up ( who was walking 3 steps behind her) and not letting her go even after my friend demanded her child be put down. A police report was done and my friend has since said to me that she has lost her innocence with the world. These things don't happen often but we always need to be sure we know and can see where our little ones are. Another thing, sexual abuse is often perpetrated by someone the child knows. We have to also train our children about their body parts and they are privAte and no one is to touch them. The Bravehearts program is a wonderful resource in training children about what is private and how to protect themselves. Just google Bravehearts. You did a great thing!

31 1

Further, I hope you reported this to police. This is an opportunistic predator whose MO shows that he has done this before.

0 0

Great job Mom!!! You are a shero.

0 0

Wow Victoria, I thought I was alone! Thank you so much for sharing this,it encourages us not to let our guards down because there's danger all around. I've tried praying and asking God to take away this fear but I guess he's allowing it to stayso I continue to ke,ep my kids under close watch. He only knows how much they've been protected from because of this. Great job!

0 0

You just proved that its not wrong or to be cautious. I too have gone through the motions of sounding like an overbearing mother very often but am convinced now that its okay. Better overbearing than sorry!

0 5

My daughter getting molested is one of my big fears. However my greatest is not not being good enough parent. Im a single parent and im constantly guilty that I dont do enough for her, whether is spending enough quality time with her, getting her the best education or providing engough toys and clothes. However hard i try i never seem to be satisfied its enough!

0 17

I agree this is a disturbing experience... Very happy that you got there before any real danger had happened... Nothing wrong with this "fear" which I think most mothers would have... I just hand things to god and keep my babies close! I can only trust a very few people... So very nice job to you mom!

1 3

You did the write thing, and good for you. We have a wedding next weekend and I've been a little concerned with my daughter , she's very spirited and full of non stop energy as well; however with meeting the other side of a new family you don't know who people are so thank you for resolidifying my concerns.

0 0

My daughter is now 14... and so beautiful... 36 Double D... something like that anyway........ just mentioning that because that's all anyone looks at when they talk to her... or "at" her... lately though, I've been picking up "strange vibes" from certain people and their comments have been a bit odd... I don't leave her alone with anyone unless we're locked up in our house......... slowly letting her go off in the mall but I keep an eye on here there though she doesn't know it. Molestation is a great fear too. I can't even think about it. Can't even begin to. I think it would kill me.......... God Bless and help the moms having to endure this type of hell on earth. They truly need Gods intercession and hope/grace/love right now........

0 0

My biggest fear in my life is that my kids end up hating me. i grew up with a very dominant mother and from an early age i always hated the way she treated my brothers and i. she has always wanted to control us in different ways and we have all distanced ourselves from her in our own ways. although i don't hate her any more and i do understand why she acted this way, i still don't agree with the way she went about it. I always loved my mother i just didn't like her.

Its because of this that i fear that my children might hate me and if they ever did it would destroy me. i'v tried to be everything my mother isn't but there is always that niggling fear at the back of my mind about getting what you give.

4
19 14

i'm really terrified of losing my eldest daughter (6 yrs old) or her getting seriously injured. she has no sense of danger at all. constantly running up to animals, running down the road or the biggest one running off at the shops. she generally doesn't go far enough to be out of my sight but has been pushing the boundaries way too far. today she ran off as i was trying to pay for some photos. i thought she would turn back but she didnt so i ran after her. next thing i knew she was gone. i had two cleaners and a security guard looking with me. after breaking down into a mess discover she was back at the photo stand. i have explained to her, i've had police, teachers, other parents and shop staff tell her the dangers but she just doesn't seem concerned at all. does anyone have advice on what to do? my 3 yr old understands better than she does.

3
3 0

Here's what my mother did when my sister exhibited that kind of behavior, and what I did with my son when he was little. Tell your daughter that staying close is a grown-up thing she has to learn, or she will need to hold your hand at all times. When she shows you that she is grown up enough to stay close and safe without holding your hand, then you will allow her to wander a safe distance away. Then follow through. Take her out on some outings and insist that she hold your hand just like her 3 yr old sister. She might get angry, so just calmly explain that she hasn't yet shown you she's grown up enough and ignore her protests. Once you've done that enough times for her to know you're serious, choose a safe place where you can keep an eye on her, then explain that she can let go of your hand if she stays within a boundary (make sure it's a clear boundary that she can see and recognize). Remind her that this is an opportunity for her to show how grown up she has become, then help her by watching and giving her little reminders. If she's successful, praise her and tell her how proud you are of her. If she is not, tell her that she'll have another chance later but for now she'll need to hold your hand. Then follow through, and give her another opportunity later. As she gets better, give her more responsibility, but always let her know that it's an opportunity for her to show how grown up she is. Most likely, it will only take a couple of outings when she's forced to hold your hand before she starts to get the message. Good luck!

0 0

Very well said by tora I totally !!! Best solution to handle this situation ... Good luck Jessica !

0 20

My daughter did the same thing all the time. One day she ran back into a movie theater when we were leaving (I knew it was empty) and I didn't go after her (so she thought). She ended up in there screaming because she was used to me always chasing her down and I didn't. I was right around the corner watching her but she didn't know that. She finally realized she could get lost and she hasn't done it again and it's been 4 years.

19 14

thankyou guys. were slowly getting there :) just need my sister and her father to talk to her the same way, which is the most difficult part. nothing will work if were all treating her differently xo

125 11

My biggest fear was always keeping my children safe and finding the line between freedom and adventure and protection and control. I blew it. I raised a wonderful young man full of life and joy, but a little too adventurous. He died at 21 and I will forever know that I could have changed that. Even at that I don't know what the best advise is about fear. Some fears are founded. Fear without analysis and action is worthless. Figure out if your fear is real and if it is, deal with whatever is making you fearful. Chances are there may be a real danger.

3
35 0

I'm so sad for your loss!!! I lost my mom to breast cancer just over 8 yrs ago and I miss her something horrible, but to lose a child. I don't wish that on anyone!! Hugs!!

5 10

I don't think you blew it. And I don't think your son would think so either. You gave him what he needed. You gave him love a safe place in your arms

1 6

It breaks my heart to think that you feel like you blew it. I lost my 22 year old son to a vehicle accident on May 30th of this year. It was the hardest thing that I hope we will never have to go though again. Not once did my husband or I think that we blew it. We loved him and everything he needed(not everything he wanted). He was full of life from the day that he was born. We gave him his freedom to make decisions and choices to a certain extent and guided him all along the way. They are born with a mind of their own and we have to respect that. During the first few days our house was full of friends and family wanting to tell of all the daredevil things that he did in those 22 years (he always had to have the fastes everything, snowmobile fourwheeler ect.) We all said that he lived more in his years than a lot of us have in all of our years. But he was respectful, in his 3rd year of college and very greatful of the love that we had for him. We also have a daughter that is 20 and totally the oppisite. We feel that god had a plan for him from day one and wanted him to enjoy life while he was here nd then he would need him to help with something else in heaven. Never Blame yourself for something that you have no control over. It is hard enough to go through without placing blame on anyone. Everything happens for a reason.

5 3

Sorry for your loss. May time heal your pain.

0 8

So well said,Dawn. This brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for both of your losses, but what a wonderful attitude you possess. Your son must be so proud.

0 20

I'm sure you were a great mom. I over protected my son and now I have a 9 year old who fears everything. I tried to keep him safe from everything and now I'm trying to "wean" him all over again. So don't say you blew it kids need adventure and experiences to make them happy and not live in fear. I'm so sorry for your loss I couldn't imagine what you've been through.

0 0

bullying; there are many ways kids bully nowadays; it is so hurtful to these young child; when will it stop

2
4 0

I agree...with our children so plugged in to social media the can be bullied 24/7....you should check out www.abeanstalk.com it is a service that helps parents by alerting them when their children are in harms way. You can get started for FREE. It has changed my life...

10 10

I think my biggest fear is not being able to protect my kids. I have three wonderful boys 8,7, and 3. I am not sure what I would do if something happened to them. If a predator of any kind were to hurt them, or they were in a car accident, or the influence of bad people on their lives. I am their mom. I don't want bad things to happen to my kids. I want... I need to believe that there is something I can do. Through much prayer and placing my faith in God I have come to accept that there are things I have absolutely no control over. And there are others that it is my God given responsibility to deal with head on. I think the "Serenity Prayer" sums it up entirely.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3: 5-6

2
2 28

100% agree with you here!!! AMEN!!!

0 0

Awesome Words of Encouragement

0 0

So well said!! That's also how I deal with the things I cannot control- I remember that God has a plan that he can see the whole picture even when we can't, and that he loves us. Thank you for adding that wisdom to this discussion

3 0

My biggest fear is that I will spoil my kids....so I say no too much, and I don't give them what they want. I see that I have made their lives seem horrible in their eyes. I went over board. I have even held back love from them, but once I realized what I was doing and why, I've worked hard to stop it. But that voice in my head keep coming up and reminding me not to spoil them...so I am working at finding balance.

1
1 0

in my opinion, spoiling and loving are 2 very different things. I can never love my children enough. my parents loved me but never told me and i have extremely low self worth and esteem. my children will always know they are loved by my showing them and telling them - it does not mean they are spoilt! spoiling is giving them everything they think they want and I dont do that. please hug you children lots and tell them they are loved. then they can love themselves and believe me - they will need that when they are grown up xxxx

35 0

It is kind of scary, love is sooo precious, I show my love by saying it and supporting them in things they like really showing that I care what they are doing by being there. Spoiling to me is when U R in a store and they are whining or begging you in a disrespectful way to buy them something and you do it. I think we all know the spoiled child syndrome. When a child just wants something it is either by reward or birthday/Christmas.

20 3

I have probably experienced my biggest fears: child molestation perpetrated by a baby sitter whom we trusted; threat of having my children taken away (they weren't, but the crazy person who instigated it made life very hard for us for a number of years - I won custody) and death of two of my (adult) children due to disease (leukemia and cancer).

1
12 20

wow...that just made my heart stop. Those are all my biggest fears. And you had all of them happen? I'm very sorry for all of it.

5 3

Sorry to hear that you had to endure all this. God Bless!

0 80

My child is helpless and does not know how to handle.

0
0 0

My biggest fear also is that my sons will be molested or taken. My father and his sisters were molested by their father. Unfortunately, they say it's most commonly someone the family knows. I trust very few people with my children. Fortunately,I live in a small cul-de-sac and so anyone who doesn't belong sitcks out.
Taking my oldest son to preschool was the hardest thing for me. To top it off he wasn't potty trained yet so he had to have someone change his diaper. I know everyone gets background checks, but you just never know. What comforted me was that there were curtains on the bathroom stalls and the main door was left open. It's a small crowed preschool packed with teachers and no place for anyone to hide.
But still very challenging to trust people. Unfortunately this is the way you have to think in today's world.

0
1 0

Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. Fear is projecting into the future - what MIGHT be. If I live in today, be the best mum that I can be today - then that is ok. I am sure in the future there will be days when my kids hate me or whatever, but for today I am a good enough mum and that is ok.

0
0 17

I am a mother of 2. 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl. I am a young mom almost 28 years old. I have suffered from an eating disorder for around 8 years and went in for treatment going on three years now... Been in recovery for 3 years and I believe I'm doing wellmand all that I can. But my biggest fear is that one or both of my children willmend up suffering from what I have suffered from! To be more clear I am in recovery from anorexia and am still very underweight. My children see this and have made comments on how skinny mommy is! This scares me more than anything... I do not want my children to think that what mommy looks like is supposed to be what they need to look like. I have talked with the both of them and have explained as best as I could considering their ages... But, I have heard them say things like "I'm fat" or judge other by their appearances. I think I have a handle on being truthful and open with my children to make them understand that mommy was sick and I am still getting better?! But the fear is there! Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

0
0 17

Any moms out there with advice for me???

35 0

Brenna, I'm not up on this anorexia but have you taken your children into some form of counseling? I know you might think they are young but they are not. People pick on my 14 yr old because she is so skinny, one girl even put anorexia on her locker last yr in 8th gr. This girl eats lots of good stuff and well she can't help that her metabolism is high! She's 5'3" 95 pds. I'm thinking of just taking her in to counseling so she can get through the meanness of others. If your children ask questions that you can not answer tell them you will give them an answer soon and then talk to a professional even a pastor can help! Good luck!!

0 17

Thank you Melissa! I have had counseling on how to approach this situation when it came and maybe I could go to my uncle who is a pastor and see what he or his church may have to help us in this situation. I'm very sorry and saddened to hear that your daughter has been picked on for just the way she is built and I will keep you and her in my prayers if that's ok with you? I hope that the cruel world can just let her be her and live a healthy teenage life... I know this must be hard on you as her mother as well and hope for the best. Thanks again, I very much appreciate your input :)

0 0

i recently have had my daughter involved with a boy at school. actually she says they have liked each other since the 5th grade. She is now in 7th. I have had trouble with this boy and a friend constantly telling my daughter that he is breaking up with her-they go nowhere,mind you,because shes only 12-but this breaks her heart and im not sure how to approach this and how to help her cope. Please any advice as to how to keep her away from this boy and how to approach things.
THANKS,
MOTHER PATIENTLY WAITING

0
3 0

I have not had this problem with my daughter, since she is very strong willed and has not interest in boys, but I was very prone to heartbreak as a child. I don't know why for sure, but I think it was because I didn't know how valuable I was as a person. Some kids seems to born knowing their worth, while others need to be taught. Perhaps you can talk to her, or give her a book about her self worth. She needs to know she doesn't need a boy to like her...as a matter of fact, she is probably more valuable without a boy until she meets one who loves her unconditionally which probably won't happen until she is much older. There are so many great books out there...maybe even take her to the store and help her find one together. She is a shinning star, but if she doesn't know it, she will seek the approval of others. I did this for years, and when I finally broke free from the lie, it was amazing! Good luck!

0 7

As a working mum, my worry is leaving my children with a nanny who is not a relation, and thinking suppose she decides to run away with my kids. I just leave everything in the hands of God

0
8 22

Sending her to Preschool. I have never left her with a stranger, and now I am just suposed to just drop her off and hope for the best. Seems kinda crazy to me

0
35 0

Well since you've never left her w/a stranger, maybe you should homeschool or maybe set her free a little! But yes it's sooo hard, you will shed many a tears!! And 1st grade doesn't get any easier!!((

0 0

Make sure you put your daughter in a great Preschool you really feel great about! Homeschooling is not the real world, and all kids have to spread their wings and meet new people. Our daughter never stayed with anyone but family until she was 5, but she went to a great Christian led daycare and loved it! It DOES get better and I believe we raise them to teach them how to thrive, not just survive in this world we live in. Kindgarten is great when they're happy and 1st grade RULES! We have raised tall strong kids who are now in 3rd and 7th grade and are straight A students and love school! YOU can SO do this!

35 0

Homeschooling can be absolutely amazing if you are 100% dedicated to it and do more than just sit in front of the computer and book work!! Do field trips like they do in school, also in Michigan the child is allowed to be part of the sports teams at the school. I know many children who are and have been homeschooled and they are amazing and very caring children!! And 80% of them are very outgoing!! But yes homeschooling can be a child's worse nightmare if U don't do it right. Your child can become a hermit as well!!

0 1

I only belive in preschool if it is a LAST resort. They dont really NEED it, We all started school at 5 or even 6. Kids develop at the age they are suppose to. They dont walk much before a year. They dont talk till about 2 or so... of cource this is all relative , but forcing them to do things before they are mentally emotionally or physically ready is only frustraing the child. ALSO YOU ARE THE BEST caregiver for your child. only if you have to rely on a day care --if you are a single mom and /or must work.... THEY NEED THEIR MOMS! NOT some weird un- attached day care worker... trust me , stay with them as long as you can because when they are older.. like around 8th grade THEY DON'T WANT YOU ! With your care they are much more likely to be MORE secure and able to move on w/o trouble!

0 2

There are Co op preschools where you can be involved in your child's schooling

6 0

i have a few fears, the main one is that my girls will grow up and disappear not wanting to know me anymore. what i really want is for them to grow up knowing and respecting me as their mum but also as a friend someone they can confide in but dont always turn out that way. my other is them being bullied!! i would do anything to keep them from this, my youngest daughter has vitiligo so its more likely to effect her but hoping she will grow up very outgoing and sociable so this shouldnt matter

0
25 16

I think that we need to teach our kids to 'not believe the bullies'. When I look back on my childhood I was definitely bullied, but, even as an elementary school child I CHOSE not to believe what they said. As the quotation goes "it's not what they call you, it is what you answer to." Good luck...you will do fine!

12 20

Coming from the "leader of the nerd herd", I think bullying is normal and I'm stronger for it.

35 0

Getting our youngest child through her last 4 grades of highschool. She's really struggling w/math and I don't know how to help her, she does tutoring 4-5 days a week. I'm totally freaked that she might not graduate. I've even switched schools to a smaller school where there are only like 10-14 kids per math class!((

0
13 3

What state are you in? Can she take just that class online or at home or in the summer? I hope she makes it....you too. Isn't it frustrating wanting to help them when you can't? Good luck

35 0

We live in Michigan and well she's a freshman this yr and didn't start struggling w/math til she was 6th grade!(( Just hoping things get better! When we informed the other school we were going to transfer her bcuz all they would do for her is add a Sat. 2 hr tutoring, I had the principal and a few teachers coming to my house trying to get us to let her stay, I was like really she already does so much tutoring now and still comes home w/major math homework. We transferred her and it's gotten a lil better but her math is still down!(( Mainly her tests! And she needs to ask for more help!!((

13 3

Well speaking as an educator, if her grades are down mainly with tests and her problems didn't even start until 6th grade, maybe it's not a math problem, maybe it's test anxiety. You know your mind has a way of ignoring stuff when it gets stressed. too much homework, too much tutoring, and teachers whose personalities conflict with kids could be stressing her. Doesn't make sense that math was okay 4th and 5th but not 6th. I wouldn't stop the tutoring but I would certainly turns things into a game for her. When my kids were younger and struggled for reasons that really didn't make sense...I would take the day off and grab that one kid And check them out of school during their lunch break.....for no reason at all, that's what I would tell them. That I knew they were struggling and didn't want them to struggle that dat...inevitably they would talk. Don't know if that's the case with your kid but like I said not struggling before 6th and then they can do it with tutoring but not during the test?? Oh, and she played the math games on fun school? Math but fun...good luck. Hope something helps

35 0

She does well in all other classes, it's just math!(( Thank you though!! And I haven't given up on the tutoring at the new school just know that the old school just wanted to add another day (Saturday) the kids do enough school. Was thinking of signing her up for a stress management class for teenagers. I'm not really worried about other things for her, have raised 3 stepsons from the time they were 5, 8, and 10 and have an 18 yr old daughter and they are all fine, you have to live your life happy and deal w/the hardships that come along. I just am down to one child and now once we get her through the next 4 yrs. things will be great!!)) TY!

0 41

Rose Hulman Institute of Technology offers online and on the phone help for Math... www.askrose.org, or 1-877-ASK-ROSE There are also many websites that offer fun math games and tutorials, for all grade levels and abilities. www.softschools.com/math/games www.coolmath4kids.com www.kidsnumbers.com www.math-play.com I agree with the teacher above that perhaps some test anxiety is playing into this... maybe talk to her and to the guidance counselor about this. Hope this helps! Keep up the tutoring, and stay on her! She will get through it!

35 0

Thank you sooo much!! I can get her through some of it, but ugh!! I will definately look into this!

13 3

My son is 19 and my biggest fear has not changed over the years. His asthma has kept me awake praying his whole life cause I can't decide when he will breathe and when he won't or whether drugs will work or not. He is a little dare devil and his stunts have worried me too. But, these are not the biggest. The biggest fear when he was 5 and sending him to kindergarten was letting him go and putting his day in the hands of his teacher and classmates. Now, it is him moving away and going to college and putting his life in the hands of employers, professors, girlfriends, buddies. Will he get a fair break? Will they treat him right? I know him as a loving, charming, talented brilliant young man. He is capable and I trust him. But I don't think anyone will ever love him like me and if I could have anything for him it would be the world embracing and loving him just as much.

0
0 8

I have asthma and have been supported by so many people over the years. Rest assured that there is still good in people and that there will always be someone to help.

0 41

Have you tried an osteopath? My daughter is just 2, but she has been helped tremendously just by seeing an osteopathic Dr.

0 4

My biggest fear is Keeping my Sons safe from all the unsafe elements in the world such as Diseases, Bad Influences, Accidents, etc, etc. As I realize today's children have to be much more careful and have too many elements to be afraid of but it is too difficult to make them understand that the world outside is a cruel place so we have to trust them and take chances in sending them out to live a normal life but endlessly keep worrying at the same time ....

0 0

Knowing how cruel the world is and having experienced the "hells" I've been through; I just hope and pray that she doesn't have to endure even a small fraction of the pain and anguish I've been through... I've sheltered her, but she is not naive. I am so close to my children now (11 and 14) and it is wonderful... nothing can explain the unconditional love that just flows......... but I have a great fear that some "thing" will interfere and pull them away from me in some way. I don't know what way, just ANY way. For them to turn from me when they grow older would kill me, I swear it would. I live for them and through them. Yes, I have my own life. I do my own things... I just hope and pray that they stay in my life as they grow older... and share with me all of their accomplishments. If they need my help, I want to be there. I'm still their mom, no matter how old they get. I would hate to lose this close contact I've always had w/ both of them. After all the hell I've been through, it would be the straw that broke the camel's back. I could not endure it if they disowned me or something. I just don't even want to think about it.