What's your go-to snack for your kids?

0 0

My go-to snack would have to be apple slices. They can eat apples morning, noon and night! They also love raisins, cransins, any kind of cheese and Taste of Nature Bars. Oh, if they see the jars, Alyssa and Logan will ask for pickles. It's pretty funny watching them watching TV with pickles in their hands. For Alyssa, she would also have a bowl of mixed olives. Weird, I know, but hey, I figure anything is better then candy and chocolate!! :)

2
1 0

I've started making a simple trail mix that the whole family seems to enjoy... every once in awhile I'll whip up a batch, seal it in a large tupperware container and grab scoops when needed.

STEP 1: hit up Costco for their HUGE bags of dried cherries & natural almonds
STEP 2: add a generous handful of cheerios & raisins
*optional*
STEP 3: if the kids are being extra good you can throw in a package of m&m's - those don't last long in my house thanks to me and my chocolate addiction.

1
3 0

Yogourt is the usual first offer before moving on to berries, apples, oranges, crackers with peanut butter or "mango drink" (lassi with mango nectar). I thought I was Supermom with the healthy snacking kid I had! And then she turned two. Now she seemingly exists on thin air and goldfish.

1
0 0

I like to keep healthy baked snacks on hand. I make a lot of muffins. My kids are super picky eaters. I bake with spelt flour as it has less of an impact on insulin levels and most kids are very susceptible to sugar rushes. My peanut butter chocolate chip spelt muffins were a real hit. http://queenmjhart.blogspot.com/2011/10/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-spelt.html

1
0 0

My son loves popcorn, and my daughter loves strawberries! Organic, of course. :)

1
0 0

I imagine most toddlers won't eat this, but mine will: black olives and sausage. She'll also go to the fridge and grab the bag of radishes or baby carrots and snack on those.

1
0 0

My toddler is in love with fruit kebobs. I spear a variety of fruit onto a thin breadstick and she goes to town. :-)

1
0 0

Fruit, usually. A cheese stick if they're in the mood :) We also keep an assortment of packaged snacks since lunch snacks for 4 kids with 4 pieces of fruit each day meant 80 pieces of fruit weekly just for lunch & that's a few trips to the store for fruit alone and with work I can't always manage more than 1 weekly trip! That said the "go to" snack is fruit. We keep 2 shelves lined with bowls of fruit to make it attractive & accessible, thus reducing frequency of visits to the pantry or snack drawer ;)

0
6 35

Apple slices with peanut butter. Or peanut butter rollup (soft tortilla with pb on it)

0
1 0

Bananas--my two-year-old loves them! Healthy, filling & not messy. We have a Banana Guard (plastic case) that keeps them from getting smushed when we're on the go.

0
0 0

I think kiwi, pears, cheerios and nuts.

0
0 0

Fruit in any form is the go-to snack. Sliced apples, applesauce, fruit cups and little boxes of raisins are favorites. However, when the suggestion of fruit receives a wrinkled nose, I have no objections to offering homemade goodies like cookies or muffins. In moderation baked goods are not the worst choices. I try to avoid pre-packaged treats because of the preservatives, but in a pinch they will serve. The most important thing about snacks is the portion and encouraging my child to really listen to her tummy and not eat out of boredom but real hunger.

0
2 0

I love to juice... I juice everything for my family... great healthy pick me up... I just had grapefruit today at lunch! Full of Vit C!!!!

0
0 0

I almost always offer fruit, cheese or yogurt first. If that fails to entice them I move to raisins or other dried fruit, or unsweetened fruit leathers (I know this stuff is bad for teeth!). For long car rides or trips I admit I will resort to popcorn, or whole grain crackers or cookies and if I'm really desperate I offer juice freezies or popsicles - my girls will eat them regardless of the weather!

0