Having tons of problems :'(

[deleted account] ( 4 moms have responded )

I have a 6 year old son that has adhd, odd, bipolar, low level autism and ocd. He is really smart when it comes to school work but he refuses to go potty in the pot no matter what I try ( I have tried everything). He throughs kicking, screaming fits. He gets destructive when mad or upset. Has threatened to hurt himself and has threatened to hurt me. Has hit, kicked and pushed his little brother that is only 20 months old. Refuses to listen to anyone. I can't take him into public because of the way he acts. I can only work part time and might even lose my job because the person watching him right now while I work is getting sick of watching him and no one else wants to watch him once I tell them how he acts. He see's a dr that gives him meds for brain imbalanceness, a counselor and a regular dr. We have tried a lot of strong medications and none of them have worked. We are trying a new one right now but the dr.'s said if this one don't work my 6 year old is going to be a child that doesn't respond to medications. He is getting bigger and stronger and I can't keep physically restaining him anymore because I keep getting hurt physically from it. I don't know what else today or where to turn anymore? the med dr. segested a group home but then the counselor said I wouldn't be able to afford it. Don't group homes have some kind of government help assistance for people on the state medical card? Does anyone know? My 6 year old needs more help then what I can give him by myself. :'( I am very sad about all of this but I am a very small woman (100lbs) and I have to look out for me and my youngest health as well as my 6 year olds.


View replies by

A_m_b_hall - posted on 08/03/2013




I think that you need to put him in respite care or therapeutic foster care until you can figure out what to do for everyone's best interests. Do not feel guilty. You must protect your younger son. Siblings of special needs kids are sometimes really harmed emotionally or even physically by this type of situation.
There are foster families that specialize in providing short term care to help stabilize homes struggling with a special needs child.

Shawna - posted on 08/01/2013




Has your son ever been tested for Strep? Look up P.A.N.D.A.S. it sounds somewhat similar. Also look up Dr. Robert Young PH Miricale for living. My son got very sick and medications did nothing, this diet has helped him sooooooo much, I have seen serious miricales from this.. I really suggest you try it... Look at it this way, there is no side effects for giving him veggie shakes ect... and in one - two weeks you will see a difference and can decide to countinue or not...

[deleted account]

I have been taking him to dr.s since he was 3 years old. I have no idea what else to do but he is getting bigger and stronger and every time I have to physically restrain him during a out burst so that he don't hurt himself or others or destroy anything, I get physically hurt.

Renee - posted on 07/18/2013




WOW, what a hard situation you and your family are in. In Australia most group homes are run by a government department, as well as respite centres. I would suggest that you try to find you local disability centre and ask them for help. A group home for 6 year olds is not common here so i dont know any age related assistance, have you tried a social worker at the local hospital??
Good luck.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms