i cheated on my boyfriend around the time i got pregnant , i later found out i was pregnant when i cheated on him .. but only a month into my pregnancy , now the other man wants to take a paternity test to see if my son is his .. can he force me legally to let him take a test ?


View replies by

Kristin - posted on 11/22/2012




I agree with Dove,. He has every right to do a paternity test to see if the child is his or not, and if the child is his than you will all need to decide on access and parenting orders and child supoprt, as he will have every right to be involved in the childs life it is his child. Hopefully you have discussed all the options and outcomes with your bf and can work together to make it all work. Another option may be that if baby is not your bf's than would he be willing to adopt.

Dove - posted on 11/21/2012




Yes, if he has reason to suspect the baby is his he can get a court order for a paternity test. Does your boyfriend know you cheated on him? If not, now might be a good time to come clean before this all blows up in your face. If he DOES know and is accepting you anyway, deal with it together. Your child deserves a chance to know who his biological father is and do you really want to wonder for the rest of your life?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms