My partner wants to adopt my daughter is there a way we can go this without biological fathers consent?

Jemma - posted on 11/21/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




I split with my ex when my daughter was 6months old after going through months of domestic violence which he served a prison sentence for,my daughter is now 2 1/2,my ex doesn't pay anything for her and doesn't seem to want to see her which is a blessing to be honest as I know that he will be no good for my daughter and I don't want her around the sort of things he gets up to (drugs,stealing,fighting etc) he is nothing but bad news he is well known to the police has a string of criminal records,is there anyway my partner can adopt my daughter without his consent?i just know that if asked he would refuse to be difficult not because he wants anything g to do with my daughter he would just enjoy to ruin my life some more!!!


Denikka - posted on 11/21/2012




I don't believe so. He has to either terminate his rights to the child, or, I believe, you can go through court to have his rights terminated.

You would really have to go and talk to a lawyer about this. Talk to an adoption specialist. They'll be able to give you the best information. but be prepared. This may be a long, drawn out, expensive process. You may need to spend years in court, pay lawyer fees, adoption fees, etc. Look into everything very thoroughly and cover all your bases.

I wish you and your hubby the best of luck :)

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms