what will u do when u heared from your son that his grandma pinching him whenever she got upset ?

Imelda - posted on 10/13/2009 ( 5 moms have responded )




my kids are far away from me since they're with their father, it's their grandma is the one taking care of them whenever my husband go to work..and my son tell me of this things that makes me get mad of my mom in law because i don't want to let anybody touches my kids esp if it hurts them ..if i were you what would you do to stop her from doing this pinching to your son?


View replies by

Elizabeth - posted on 10/13/2009




Talk to their father first, he should be kept in the loop. But they are your kids too so you should try to have open communication ith other family members, NO MATTER WHAT. Talk to the grandmother. They need to learn to be adults and repsect the children and the emotions. Or if that won't happen tell your kids to speak up for themselves. Make sure they know no one can touch their bodies without permission.

CHARLENE - posted on 10/13/2009




The first thing I would do is talk to grandma & your kids father. Let them know what your child told you & that you dont like it & it needs to stop. Let them know that if it doesnt stop you will call child protection services (DYFS). Dont scream or argue with them that will only make the problem worst. Just talk civilzed. Make sure you mark the day & time you called & if you can record the conversation. You might need it some day. If that doesnt work & your child still complains or is threaten I suggest you call child protection services. You tell them in detail what your child has said, tell them bout your conversation with grandma & baby daddy. Give them a week to investigate & than follow up. Good Luck Girl!!!!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms