Please help!! Can father take my child out of town without my permission?

Michelle - posted on 02/22/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




I am a single mother of a BEAUTIFUL 18 month old boy! His father and I didn't establish paternity, but the father is on birth certificate (child has my last name). The father's family lives 2 hours away and never come visit. The father wants to take him out of town with out me to visit family overnight. My son has never had overnight visits yet and father has a bad habit of texting and driving (has gotten in wrecks because of it). Does he have the right to take him out of town with out my permission? Also, how should the overnight visits start? He's never slept away from home before. His father is active in his life. Any time he wants to see his son, I give him permission, unless plans have already been made. I dont want him on the road with my son because I don't trust him and it's too far if something were to happen. Please help! Thank you!


Faye - posted on 06/15/2012




No i dont think he has a right, he"s obviously taking advantage of your good nature. Im in the exact same position. I have a 2 year old, his father cums to see him whnever but ive made it quite clear to him that the little will not go with him without my perimission and if he does i will have the police find him arrest him for kidnapping. He might be the father but u are the mother and you automatically have custodianship. So you have every right to call the poilce and do instruct them to so as u please. My son has also never slpt out and propbably wont until he's much older to decide for himself. So be strong and do what u feel is the right thing for your child....

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms