child support and custody issues

Christina - posted on 06/25/2009 ( 2 moms have responded )




im new to all of this legal stuff but to you moms that are not i have some questions for you.
first of all i have been separated since Feb of this year and i have full residential custody with joint legal custody and the father having supervised visits every other weekend. it was said in court and in are papers that for my family reunions if they fall on the fathers weekend i am to have our child and to make it up with his father.

but his mom which is the one that supervises when she feels like it (he has had three hrs if not four of unsupervised visits which is fine with the courts) is very demanding set in her ways and wants him for weekends that are not their weekends. (i said hers because they visit there and she sees it as her visits more then the fathers)

also up until april they were sending me a check of 25 which is what the support is , i am missing two months of support and have not received them yet and the courts know this because we just had are support hearing.

i have no problems sending him to see his dad but they seem to be changing the visits for their needs and then them not paying support for the past two months.

what do i do about these problems?

sorry if this sounds like a third person talking or if there misspelled words or the wrong wording.


View replies by

Nikki - posted on 06/25/2009




I've had some of the same issues. I am told by my attorney that if I have something planned for a day that falls on my child's father's day, I can keep my plans and just make the time up another day for the dad. Life happens and there may come a time when the dad will want my daughter on one of my days. If he won't work with me, I won't work with him!

Michelle - posted on 06/25/2009




Stay with what the court ordered with visits. Don't stray from that. Obviously the court thought it was in everyone's best interest. As far as child support goes each state and county within each state is so different. I would say that you contact the support office in your county and express your concerns and ask what needs to be done next to make sure that his father is taking care of his child financially. Good Luck!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms