Custody from uninvolved biological father

Maria - posted on 04/16/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




My child's biological father is unonvolved. Child is going to be 3 soon. Both our names are on the birth certificate (& boy do I regret it!), but I never went through court for custody or child support. I haven't had any headaches or demands from him, but I just want full custody at this point & remove his portion of the last name. Anyone gone through something similar? Advice?


[deleted account]

It depends on where you live, but, if you want your child's last name changed to yours you will need the signature of your childs bio dad unless you prove that he hasn't helped you. Usually the only way you can prove that is by showing he hasn't paid child support. It may be different if you don't have a case. Good luck!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms