dead beat dad

Desiree - posted on 05/05/2009 ( 3 moms have responded )




i need to file 4 child support with the state yet her father was in ny and i in he up n left for florida and he wont claim his daughter..i have no idea where to get some of his info like the state wants is anyone else going thru this?? i dnt know what to do


View replies by

Stephanie - posted on 05/06/2009




don't count on his money.... just a word 2 the wise. Mine is over $40,000 in 2 1/2yrs. PA does nothing bout it. So, try ur best 2 live off of what u can make cause u might b chasing a ghost. Put ur energy in somethin that will get u results just in case he doesn't pay.. Good luck

Stacey - posted on 05/05/2009




Yes, I have been dealing with the crazy child support system! I'm in Indiana and for 8 years I have been dealing with this. I didn't have any of my son's father's personal information (that the courts wanted) except for his name. They have tracked him down numerous times and have garnished his wages, but then he just quits the job and moves to another state. Then, we have to begin the process all over again. He has only shown up to 2 court dates in the past 8 years and we have been scheduled for at least 2-3 a year. It always irritated me that I would have to miss work (and the pay) and yet, he was never punished for being in contempt of court. I know the system is overloaded, but come on -- something has to be done.

Latavia - posted on 05/05/2009




been there done that!! all u have to do is go to your local family court or thru your local social services and file for child support. is he on the birth certicicate? if not, they may want him to take a paternity test first. all u need is his full name, social security number if u have it and an address if u have that or can get it. it's a process though. once you go to court and a petition is made for him to pay, no matter where he goes, he will always have to pay and he jumps from state to state and you find out, you can go to the courts and let them know. Best of luck!!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms