lock in child support amount?

I3luejay - posted on 07/10/2012 ( 3 moms have responded )




I just broke up with my babys daddy, we still live together until he can find somewhere. For the time being he is desperately trying to get me back, i will of course not have it, he was doing things like falling asleep while he was the only one watching out daughter. He mentioned that he would pay me 150 a week in child support, i know that is more that the state would award, is there any way i can get this agreement notorized and filed before he changes his mind? also, how does filing for custody work?


View replies by

Amie - posted on 07/11/2012




The courts have made all this father friendly so they will only make him pay whatever he can afford. Anything else extra he gives you they say will be considered a gift. I talked to an attorney about questions I had and helped me a lot. Might have to pay 50 or 100 dollars to talk to a lawyer for questions you have but its worth it.

Kristin - posted on 07/11/2012




I live in Alberta Canada and all child support goes by income of the person paying it. It does not matter if he signs apaper stating he will pay more the courts will still make him pay what the guidelines say based on income. If he chooses to pay you more than great but dont hold your breath on it being upheld by the courts. As for filing for custody you need to speak to a lawyer or the courthouse. In alberta you can file for a parenting order and child sipport order on your own free of charge and just need to pick uip the necessary forms at the courthouse.

[deleted account]

I would suggest for the child support it gets written down in some sort of formal documentation (signed and dated) so that it can be referred back to at a later date if there is some sort of disagreement. worth getting some legal advice. For custody - again get legal advice for it.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms