My Ex bf who left me when I was 3 months pregnant and only see's my princess when he wants to wants to take her out on unsupervised visits even though she is breast fed and is very attached to me, cries the moment I leave the room,:( so stressed out he threatens to take me to court all the time and has hardly given me any money for her?


View replies by

Susannah - posted on 05/24/2012




Don't worry about his threats to take you to court. You need to worry about what is best for your daughter. Allow him supervised visits with you present so that both you and your baby can be comfortable.

I would also keep a journal of any money he does pay you (when, how much and how often) and also of visits because eventually you two may go to court for custody arrangement and childe support and you want to be able to prove how often (or how rarely) he paid for your daughter and visited with her. It may help show the court his dedication (or lack thereof) to his daughter and could help your case.

But for the time being, do not get yourself all worked up over his need for unsupervised visits. She is in you physical custody for the time being and you are in control. Don't let him bully you into doing something you are not comfortable with.

However, keep in mind that if he is a good person and really cares for his daughter, it may be a good idea to do your best to get along with him and allow him to be a part of her life. It may not be easy, but it really is for the best to have both parents actively involved in a child's life.

Good luck!

Jennifer - posted on 05/23/2012




If she is attached to you then you dont let him take her anywhere. I have the same problem with my sons father. He left me and our son when he was 3 months old and moved out of state. Now my son is almost 10 months old and he just wants to come and pick him up and leave with him. I will not let that happen. My son does not know who he is and he doesnt know how to care for him. I will let him visit his son with me in the house that is all. He doesnt support him either. sometimes $100 a month. And what can he take you to court for? You should take him to court. Then atleast you can get some support from him.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms