Newly single sort of

Trinity - posted on 10/15/2009 ( 1 mom has responded )




Hi everyone. I'm new to the group. My husband recently decided he was leaving. Hes been out of the house for over a week. We have a 16 month old son together and to make matters worse I'm due to have our daughter in one week. He is only offering financial support for a short time and no help at all with the baby. I don't know which way is up sometimes and I'm just looking for some support and maybe some advice as to how to get back on my feet. I've been a stay at home mom since my son was born and I don't know how to raise 2 children so young and work to support us. Any ideas?


Joan - posted on 10/15/2009




PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont let this man get away with financial support for a "short time" I am hoping you are planning to get child support through the court system. Not an agreement between you and him. (I did this and regret every bit of it) Go to the welfare department. You can get food stamps and WIC - very important! You might be able to get money from them as well to help you until you get things settled with the courts. There are also places than can help with rent and electricity for single moms. Please make sure he pays for his part in all this. If he is that much of a jerk to leave you while you are preagnant you MUST MUST get spousal support. It is FAIR. I am sorry you are going through this. My name is Joan by the way.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms