Once a child support case is started, can it be dropped alltogether? How?

Becky - posted on 11/30/2010 ( 2 moms have responded )




I started a case against my ex. We went to court and he was ordered to pay $186.00 but he is objecting to it. I just want to drop it alltogether. I would rather not deal with him at all. I just dont know how to go about it to drop it. Any suggestions?


View replies by

Karen - posted on 11/30/2010




you could possibly drop it all together by going back to court but they may still make him pay even if it's a lower amount but i would sudggest you not to. i went through hell trying to get support outta my BD, he objected paying the smallest amount, was trying to claim financial hardship even though he's a nurse and makes $40/hour, then he wouldn't pay it even after i finally got my court order. just got the first check last month, took me 9 months to get it, if you don't want to deal with him i would sudggest you go through your local Family Responsibility Office (maybe called something differnt where you are) the money gets deducted right off his checks and depostited in to your bank account, also you can arrange a third party pick up if he is constantly causing problems when he comes to see your child, that's what i've done. just make sure to keep in mind that you may not need the money now but you may need it down the road and it will probably be an even bigger fight trying to get him to pay later on.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms