What Can I Do?

Chelsea - posted on 08/15/2012 ( 5 moms have responded )




My ex-partner and I split after a few years after I caught him cheating with another woman in our bed. We had made arrangements of when he would have Leo and I would have Leo. One day he phoned to say he wouldn't be giving Leo back so i phoned police and they said there was nothing they could do as parents have 50/59 rights to their child. So i went to a lawyer who I am no-longer with due to his 'busy schedule' I have now not saw my 19mnth old son in 4 months.. please help! Any advice?


View replies by

Joyce - posted on 08/28/2012




if the child is still 7 yrs old below.. The custody is yours and it is a must. Nonetheless if you are not capable to be a good provider. You must have a job. Seek help from your parents also.. They will add strength on you and avoid you being depressed about it. Go to a court near your place and seek for advice and help.

Jen - posted on 08/16/2012




If you got court paper than your ex would be in trouble. No court papers and you are free to refuse your ex contact or you ex can take your child. Best way get a court order in place .

Bekah - posted on 08/15/2012




Where do you live? Different states have different laws.
You need to get a hearing with a judge to get an order stating when he can have Leo.
Good luck - I wish you and Leo the best!

Kristin - posted on 08/15/2012




Phone your local legal aid and child services to see what help they can offer. Technically he can not withhold the child from you, but without a court order stating who has custody he is not breaking any laws. Even phone your local courthouse and see what free services they offer for parent orders. Where I live you can represent yourself in child suport and parenting order cases and the court has a liason who is willing to help with the forms and everything. Good luck

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms