allergic reaction

Amy - posted on 04/14/2011 ( 7 moms have responded )




my 15mnth old son is allergic to milk. every once in a while we give him a little piece of something made with milk. he had a few bites of a cookie tonight that was made with butter ( butter is made from milk) and he broke out in a rash within a hour, my husband doesnt seem to think he can get a reaction that fast i think he can. what does everyone else think?


Jessica - posted on 04/15/2011




Poor little guy. I have a milk free peanut butter cookie recipe:

* 1 cup peanut butter
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 egg


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the peanut butter, white sugar and egg. Mix until smooth.
3. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes. Do not overbake! These cookies are best when they are still soft and just barely brown on the bottoms.


View replies by

Nikki - posted on 04/15/2011




He can break out that fast, my 2 yo daughter is alleric to cats, if she is within 10 feet of one or in a house where a cat lives, she is sneezing and breaking out within 2-5 minutes.

Brandy - posted on 04/15/2011




My 15 month old is also allergic to milk products and a reaction can come on very quick. She doesn't have a bad reaction just breaks out with a red rash where ever the milk product touches her. I agree it is very hard to find a variety of food for them because everything seems to have some sort of milk. I've been told by her doctor that they can't test her for a true milk allergy until she is 3 because any results before that would not be accurate because they could grow out of it at anytime between now and 3 years of age. If you would like email me and we could compare notes on what we feed them. I'm always looking for new ideas for her. I feel so bad because her diet is very broad because of the allergy, so if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

Amy - posted on 04/14/2011




I actually have taken him to a specialist we are waiting insurance approval to get more test done as of rigth now he only has a mild allergic reaction were hoping it goes away when he gets older. and we have stopped dairy products its just hard because there is some form of milk in lots of stuff likes, cereal, cakes, crackers, cereal bars, unless its fresh im always reading lables. i feel so bad for him because he loved string cheese and milk now its soy milk for him and no cheese.

Nikki - posted on 04/14/2011




Yes, I agree he can, if it is getting progressively worse I would not give him any dairy products and see an allergy specialist asap. Generally speaking when allergic reactions become more severe with time they can end up leading to anaphylaxis which can be fatal. I would speak with a specialist, get some tests done and get a script for an epi pen.

Good luck, hope it doesn't turn out to be a serious reaction.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms