Can I stop my mom?

Kate - posted on 12/04/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




I lived with my mum after her partner died to help out I left my own home to do this an uprooted my partner and son while there I had 2 more children and she met a man who took her for granted and didn't like me an my family being there he made her drink a lot and changed her attitude cut a long story short she took fuse box out when my daughter was 3months old (dec) I couldn't drive so had to get on a bus to my milaws house to feed my children an keep them warm this was 2yrs ago now I quickly moved out as after the fuse box she changed locks and started spreading lies about my partner controlling me and she chose her new fella over me and grandkids and she's made no effort in seeing them since I just want to know if I can get a court order to stop her contacting me or kids again and having pictures of my children on show that she has somehow got which are over the Internet estate agents as she tryin to sell house


Jacinta - posted on 12/04/2012




I think your best choice would be a restraining order,if you feel she is violent and is possible a harm to you or your children that absolutely gift it the worst that can happen is you don't get one but chances are you might.

Also I would ask her to stop spreading the pictures of your children an to leave you alone,if she does not then go to the police tell them you don't want her spreading pictures of your kid (she cannot do that if you don't want her to and have asked her to stop) if they go there and see her drunk and abusive or what not,if later you decide to go for a restraining order than get the police to tell the judge (in a statement) the way she was when they went to confront ther about the pictures.If she is drunk,rude or abusive to the cop this can only benefit your case!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms