Hi I need to know how to stop my Ex from claiming my baby on his taxes. She not staying with him she lives with me.Also i get child support from him.I also have custody of my child. He have done this two years now and I just need to know what steps can i take.

Dellicascott - posted on 02/19/2015 ( 3 moms have responded )




Need help i just dont think its fer to me!!!!!!


View replies by

Brittney - posted on 02/25/2015




You don't give much information. If you don't have a job then there shouldn't be a problem with him claiming the child. He should give you a portion of the money since it is both your child though. But he doesn't HAVE to. Also, if the court order says he is allowed to claim him for certain years and this is his year, then you can't do anything except petition for a modification of the court order. Here in Indiana I was told the custodial parent has to sign a paper for the non custodial parent to claim taxes. If you signed it then I don't think you can back out.

Jodi - posted on 02/19/2015




Have you filed your taxes and claimed it too? If you have proof the child was with you more than half the year, you should claim it. They will audit and he could be in huge trouble.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms