need help

Lindsey - posted on 01/20/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




if someone sign the birth certificate but he is not the father can he get me for kidnapping


Jodi - posted on 01/20/2014




Why would you have someone who is not the father sign the birth certificate in the first place?

Can he have you for kidnapping? Not if you can prove he isn't the father and have him removed from the birth certificate. Actually, it isn't kidnapping if it is your child and there is no court ordered visitation that you are withholding.

Just as if the biological father decided to take the child, you can't have him charged for kidnapping either, because unless you have court ordered custody, you don't have all the rights (depending on where you live of course).


View replies by

Ana - posted on 01/22/2014




I'm with Jodi on her post.

Lindsey, decide what it is that you are really asking us here.

Does your man know that he is not the father of your child? Are you wanting to take your child away from him, maybe move, and want to know if he has any rights to the child?

I think you should really sit down with someone that that you trust, mom, friend and decide what it is that you really want to do.

Your question is a "loaded" one.

Just the mention of kidnapping tells me and others that you are thinking of running off without telling him where you are going and want to know if he can legally find you and take the child away from you.

You need help. This is legal now.

If you or your child are not safe, then you need the police. Remember you can always go to a hospital and tell someone there you need help, go to a church, or a community center. Get with other family members you trust to get you started because obviously you need to get away.

God Bless.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms