Unsafe children- Courts won't do anything. HELP!!!

Nicole - posted on 03/09/2010 ( 1 mom has responded )




Hey guys!!! A friend of mine needs some help. She has started a petition on facebook for it which can be found here.....


Sadly, the legal system is doing nothing but sitting around and doing nothing. The father is unfit and needs to have his rights terminated by the court. Only the courts won't do it. This man does not feed the children properly, dresses them improperly for the weather conditions and only takes them when it is convenient for him. He does not pay child support and is unemployed. For more, please read the link.

And If you're just as horrified by this situation as I am, please sign!! My friend needs all the help she can get and make sure you tell your friends too please!!

Thank you all so much!!


Jeannie - posted on 03/09/2010




Hi Nicole! I would love to help, but from what I read from the petition, the father hasn't done anything legally that would warrant having his rights taken. Unless there is more to it than she says in her petition description, then from a legal standpoint, there isn't much she can do in regards to that.

I would offer some suggestions, though, one being when the father sends them home in ratty clothing, then she needs to send those same clothes back when he gets them again. My ex-sister-in-law would send my 2 nieces to me in the same condition, and winter clothes for summer, summer clothes for winter, no underwear, toilettries, etc. She would then expect me to pay for new clothes, and everything else, to send home with them. I eventually went to a consignment shop and bought them clothes to keep on hand.

The food situation might be frustrating, but it isn't a reason to take a parent's rights away. Men, especially, are known to be this way. If I send my children (ages 2 and 4) to my parents for a couple of days, my father fills them up on junk food constantly. It's temporary, and I know that they get healthy meals at my home.

There sounds like there are a lot of bad feelings here between the mother and the father, and his family. She speaks of past abuse, I'm assuming physical, between the two of them, but she doesn't mention any towards the children. An irresponsible parent can drive you crazy, but if the children aren't in any danger, then there is nothing you can do legally.

I know this is all frustrating, but I understand why the lawyers, and others she has contacted, are focusing on the child support. That is the only thing that the father is doing that can be prosecuted. Some states will actually imprison a person for not paying child support. She needs to work hand-in-hand with the department of family and children services, in hopes that they could convince the father to take better care of the kids while in his possession. I'm sorry I couldn't help.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms