BM is trying to move across the country!!! With our boys!!

Lacey - posted on 03/05/2010 ( 2 moms have responded )




So my boys bm is planning on moving to Washington state in July. We live in Tenn. She has already taken them to WA for 3 years (they have been back almlost 2 years now) The first time she left with them my husband quit paying child support to try and force her to come back... then the courts even knocked down the back schild support almost $30,000.00!! Does anybody know if there is anything we can do to keep these boys here short of getting custody?!?! We would love to takle them but we just don't have the room right now... Please help!


View replies by

Kellie - posted on 03/05/2010




I hear where you are coming from, but those are her children. If your husband is using the money as a tool to keep her from moving away, it's wrong. He needs to keep paying his child support, and work out visitation with her. Besides you just stated that you don't have the room anyway.

Megan - posted on 03/05/2010




I'm sorry, I don't know what you can do legally to prevent her from leaving. An attorney should know, of course. My stepkids' bm orginally moved from Ohio to northern KY before my husband filed for divorce, so she got by under the radar. Then she moved much further south. All she had to do was notify the court of her move. I don't think there was anything we could have done to stop it. Maybe a greater distance requires court approval, though, rather than simply notification. And this probably varies by state. I wish I could help more. I know how much more difficult the distance makes our situations.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms