I need help !!

Miesah - posted on 08/24/2016 ( 1 mom has responded )




I am 19 years old with a 4 year old son . I graduated highschool last year and since then my son wasn't eligible for childcare anymore . I'm also living with my mom which is a roller coaster ride . I want to work so bad but there's no one who will watch my child while I look for a job can someone help me with ANYTHING you think I could do to make some money or to find away around all of this ?


Karen - posted on 08/24/2016




Miesah, First of all, congratulations on getting your HS diploma! What an amazing accomplishment for anyone with a child. It sounds like your going through a pretty rough patch in navigating a workable future for you and your son. First of all, you need to breathe. Staying calm helps keep things in perspective, and maintains clarity. Making that you and your son are safe, and stay safe is your top priority.
Next, take a look at what your county may offer in the departments of health and human services. There are quite a few helpful programs that are offered, and hopefully, a social worker can tune you to some of them. Call them tomorrow and make an appointment to speak with one. If there's not a direct program to help you, there may be some non-profit organizations in your area that might help. Do a search online. Contact local church groups and find out if there's a group or other orgs out there that can refer you.

It sounds like you're a smart young woman, who just might need some help navigating a tricky turn in your life. Best of luck to you. I have a feeling you're going to do just fine.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms