How do I get help for my 3-year-old son on Illinois medical card for ADHD?

Leanne - posted on 09/22/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




My 3-year-old son is showing all of the symptoms of ADHD. It's getting worse, and I need help. It's tearing our family apart, and we're getting evicted because of him. I've talked to his pediatrician, and since we're on state health (Illinois), there's not many options. She referred us to a hospital, who I called and they wouldn't even see him, much less evaluate him, because "we don't see kids that young". I've done my research. I KNOW this is not normal behavior (so please refrain from saying anything like "I'm sure you're exaggerating, normal toddler behavior, blah blah blah"), I've tried everything I can do by myself - he rarely gets sugar, he eats super healthy, I've tired everything and nothihng helps. I need help, and I don't know how to get it for him. I'm not just wanting to put him on meds or anything - I want him to get actual help. Does anyone know what I can do? I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Please please help. It's getting bad, like I said we are getting evicted, he's putting a strain on our relationships, and he's also started hurting my dogs as well as my 5 month old daughter. Someone please help!


1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms