how much would you pay for child care?

Ronelle - posted on 10/19/2011 ( 1 mom has responded )




IF your childcare provider holds a Doctoral Degree in Clinicial Physociology, BA/Masters in Early Childhood Education, Assicate Degree in Early Childhood Education, and has a numerous of continuing education classes behind her name how much should she charge for chidren in here day care.? What would you be will to pay for your child care provider who is that qualitfy and has over 10years of experince working with children.

How much should she charge for Infants?
How much should she charge for toddlers?
How much should she charge for Preschoolers?

and why?


Jennifer - posted on 10/21/2011




In truth, someone THAT qualified would probably be better off going into another profession simply because they are unlikely to make what they would feel that level of education and experience deserves.

Many people with their children in daycare do not have that much disposable income and an increase in daycare costs can be devastating.

A person with that many qualifications would be better off looking around their area, seeing what competitive pricing would be, pricing themselves accordingly and then touting their qualifications to draw in more customers. Having all those degrees will do them no good if they price themselves right out of the market.

Sadly, childcare, as with a lot of things, isn't always about what you'd be willing to pay but what you can AFFORD to pay.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms