Night time potty training HELP!!

Jamie - posted on 01/13/2009 ( 3 moms have responded )

2

21

0

My son is going to be 4 in March, he is 99% potty trained, the remaining 1% is night time.....the night time pull-ups are getting very expensive, any suggestions on how to keep him dry at night? Thank you!

3 Comments

View replies by

Jamie - posted on 01/13/2009

2

21

0

I do cut down on his fluid intake, he goes to bed at 8 and he goes potty before he climbs in bed. I will definatly try taking him potty when I go to bed and see if that helps. He has had a few nights that he stayed dry so I know he can do it, and he has actually woken me up to tell me he has to go, but all the sudden he just stopped doing it. Wish me luck!

Sunnie - posted on 01/13/2009

4

24

0

I just had this discussion with a Mommy Group leader just today!  She recommended that you gently wake your child before you go to bed and take them potty.  (my daughter goes to be at 8pm and I go to bed around midnight) They don't have to be fully awake - but you tell them, "Mommy is going to take you to the potty now." This can help with them make it through the night dry and it teaches them to go potty should they have to - without having to be fully awake.  it give them a feeling of success and that will promote future attempts to stay dry!  I did this with my first daughter and it worked great!  I am ready to do it with my second daughter because I agree - pull ups are expensive!!  Good luck!

Angel - posted on 01/13/2009

2

80

1

We would take our daughter out to go pee when we would go to bed. We did that for a while and now she wakes up on her own when she needs to go. Also cut down on the fluid intake before bedtime. I hope this helps.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms