URGENT BLOOD IN TODDLERS STOOLS

Zoe - posted on 12/14/2008 ( 8 moms have responded )

10

23

0

my lil boi has had blood in his stools since tuesday now i took him doctors wed where he sed it was a awful lot of blood in the nappy i showed him he checked his anus and sed it was fine no tear jst a little red he asked for stool sample next dy and sed only rice and pasta for next week not to worry. is he stupid of course i will worry iherd it can be a cows milk intolerance but tyler has already got that and has a dairy free diet so tht elimates that however since weds he has done several poos and nerly everysingle one has had blod in them. it was a reddy/purple colour to start and it was of his normal consistany and size no strainin now today he has very soft bowel movements and the blood seems a dark reddy/brown its NOT streaky its mixed in with poo and if u sepeate the poo its in the middl im really worried i dont want to wait for results wot cod it be help asap please

8 Comments

View replies by

Zoe - posted on 12/16/2008

10

23

0

i took him bk 2 gp he checked him over agen and sent him a and e for tests was there from 10am till 9pm where they jst did blood tests the paedeatric nurse was great tho dont get me rong she went thru eveything and checked all his body but first blood result showed a abnormality in clottin she fort it may have been how blood was taken so she did the next one and sent that off that also came back sayin the same thing at this time she signed off and was left with a useless doc. she sed she didnt want to believe it was clottin coz it cod be dangerous so she took yet her 3rd lot and sent it off it came bk sayin normal so she fukin sent us home i went mad u wod believe the 2 right over the one. im takin him gp right away 2mz to complain and ask for more to be done he has done 2 poos since sun and one had blood in the other didnt so i dont flippin no atm im very angry and upset

Zoe - posted on 12/14/2008

10

23

0

hi jst spoken to the out of hours doc they sed it wil be ok to wait over night but take him straight to gp tommorow apparently which i new the gp shuda dun more on weds wen ni took him he shuda had tests done so i will no tommorow i will keep u poted thnx for ur hlep meanwhile i gota keep a bigga eye on him he jt decided to jump off bed hed first

Angela - posted on 12/14/2008

48

11

12

take the child either back to the doctors or to the er.. i wouldn't wait any longer

Jade - posted on 12/14/2008

5

30

1

Your home mom only you know if you should wait or not..from what you`ve said if it was my son I wouldn`t wait I would bring him back to the ER, but I`m the type of mom that would keep going back until they do something about it..are you in canada?

Zoe - posted on 12/14/2008

10

23

0

the doctor chcked for a fissure on weds and he said it wasnt one. when should i go wait till tom?

Jade - posted on 12/14/2008

5

30

1

He might have a fisher but you should have a doctor look at it again I wouldn't wait

Jade - posted on 12/14/2008

5

30

1

I would take him back the ER I wouldn't' wait if you think its bad then just take him!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms