24 year old niece is neglecting my nephews-what should i do?

Jennifer - posted on 06/25/2011 ( 1 mom has responded )




My niece is 24 has two beautiful boys from two different losers. She lost one baby to childbirth and I feel she should more appreciative for what god has given her. She has recently been issued a summons for possession of marajuana and drug paraphanalia. What should I do?


Katherine - posted on 06/25/2011




Well, you could ask for custody of the kids. She may get them taken away anyways and you DON'T want them going into the system. Go to court and ask for a custody order. I don't know how long the process takes. But I would do some research on it.

How long has she been doing drugs? Neglecting her kids? Has she ever had CPS called on her? Has she been threatened with having her kids taken away ever? I mean these are important questions. If not then there isn't a lot you can do unless you yourself called CPS on her.

Are there other family members involved that would take custody if need be?

If you're going to do something start NOW. It's a long process.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms