A Mom In Distress

DENIKA - posted on 10/02/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




My child's father took her from me when she was very young. He left and went to another state while he was out on bail and got full legal custody. Years later he takes me for child support and is granted child support. How is it possible for a fugitive to collect child support and make it impossible for me to see my child and the courts in the state he is wanted in (which is also the state I live in) back him up ?


Cecilia - posted on 10/02/2013




It in many ways can be a screwed up system but the truth is women do the same thing all the time and get away with it. Maybe find out who is his PO and turn him in. Tell him the child support office has his address.

As far as you not being allowed to see your son there has to be more to that story. The courts don't typically prevent visitation. Have you gone to court to fight that? If you get it court ordered he has to comply with the order.

The child support is because the courts see it as a child has the right to have financial support from both parents. The rest they ignore since it isn't their jurisdiction. You have to find the right people in the right court to listen to you.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms