Absent father for 3 years wants to see my son

Lisset - posted on 12/30/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




Long story short, After my divorce in 2011 my ex-husband and i shared custody of our 3 year old son. On one of my nights to pick up my son, my ex-husband made a very big unnecessary discussion and became very violent with me and my son. Hit and cursed me out right in presence of our toddler.
Police were called and restraining order was placed, he disappeared once he received court appearance orders and mandatory child support.
Our son is now 7 years old and has not seen his father ever since. It's been 4 years since his last knowledge of him of any kind was that night. His father has contacted me via Facebook and demands to see our son whom he has NOT once in 5 years provided for in any shape or form. Not one call, but now wants to step up.


Michelle - posted on 12/30/2014




If he wants contact then you can't stop it unless you have court orders.
He has a right to see his child and if you deny him that right then he can take you to court and it could be worse.
Child support and visitation are 2 completely different issues, it doesn't matter if he hasn't paid you anything, he can still see his child.
Get yourself a lawyer and get visitation and support sorted through the courts.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms