Absent parent for 2+ years! Now he wants his rights back!

Victoria - posted on 02/14/2015 ( 3 moms have responded )




Hello everyone, my name is Victoria,

My ex husband and I got divorced in June 2011 when our daughter was almost 2 years old. I have primary physical custody and he has every other weekend visitations, phone conversations and 4 hour in (Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday or Friday) to spend with our daughter.
He only showed up once to pick her up and once to dropped her off. His mom was showing up all the time instead of him, 4 hour visitation and phone conversations he never bothered to ask for or call.
We live 2 hours away from each other.
I got remarried in June 2012 my daughter started calling my husband daddy when she met him in November 2011. Since then my husband was a daddy for her.
She hasn't seen her biological father since December 2012. In March 2013 my ex has terminated his parental rights ( because he wanted to get away from Child Support Payments )
I agreed to waive child support payments. ( But his attorney didn't finish the process he have started )
So my ex continued on paying child support, but didn't ask to see our child.
(I had physical abuse filed against him in 2011 and it expired in 2014)
He got remarried in June 2013 and they found out that his wife can't have babies.
So now they want my child.

Today I received a certified mail from his attorney to force current child custody case.
My 5 year old daughter haven't see him or spoken to him for past 2+ years.
She doesn't know who he is, he is a stranger to her.
She loves my husband and she doesn't even know that he is not her bio daddy.
I am really scared for her and I can't imagine what will happen to her when she will find out.
I also have a police report that my ex hit our daughter in the face.

I don't know what to do and I am scared for my little girl.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help

***We live in state of Pennsylvania***


View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms