adoption of my daughter by my fiance .

Danielle - posted on 07/29/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




my fiance wants to adopt my 10 month old daughter , my daughter's father is not in her life . i have a restraining order on him to where he cant come near us , but he still pays child support , but he is NOT on the birth certificate . how do my fiance and i go about doing this ? &does my childs biological dad have to sign over his rights ?


~♥Little Miss - posted on 07/29/2012




Yes, I think he has to sign over rights first, and that will mean legally he is not the father. Legally he will not make child support payments any longer. You really need to contact a lawyer about this. If he does not want to sign over his rights, I don't think your fiance can adopt. Good luck.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms