am i overrreacting?

Kayla - posted on 03/03/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




My daughter's father does not provide for her.He hasn't bought her anything since she's been born.He only comes to spend time with her for about 3 hours once a month,but even then he's just watching tv or is on his phone.He use to call/text to check up on her everyday but it has been less and less maybe once a week now.I try to give him space and trying not to pressure him but Im getting tired of this;especially when he says he's working but I see him posting pics with his gf and him playing basketball on social media. He has a child support order but hasn't paid anything yet and my daughter will be 8 months soon. How should/could I go about telling him I want him to step up more without being mean or sounding like im pressuring him?Should i do it in person or over text/phone?I would feel more comfortable over text.


Jodi - posted on 03/03/2014




If he isn't paying his ordered child support, you need to follow up on that. I'm not sure what country you are in, so I can't necessarily advise how to follow up because it depends on where you live. He isn't actually obligated to buy her anything outside of the child support he owes.

With regard to the time he spends with her, have you considered allowing him to have time with her outside of your home? Maybe his issue is that he doesn't want to be in your home.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms