Anyone else have a baby that tried to eat eczema lotion?

Kristina - posted on 07/30/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




My 17 month old daughter got a hold of a tube of Aveeno Eczema lotion and she had some in her mouth, she came up to me spitting it out, obviously she didn't like the taste. The back of the tube says to call poison control if swallowed, I am not certain if she actually swallowed any since she was spitting it out, however she could have swallowed a little. I've been keeping an eye on her but wondering if I should call poison control like it says on the back of the tube. Has anyone else has this happen and what did you do?


Elfrieda - posted on 07/30/2012




Just call poison control. My son grabbed the dishwashing detergent and took a big swig and coughed himself silly a few months ago. I called poison control and explained what happened and what I did after that (which was give him some water) and the person there said he might get the runs but a little bit like that isn't overly dangerous. Now I keep it up high so he can't get to it.

But why wouldn't you call poison control?? Just do it, google it for your area and give them a ring. If it's not bad, then great, and if it is, then you know to get moving to the hospital. Probably it's fine because she didn't swallow much, but better safe than sorry. They don't scold parents for calling. The guy was laughing at me a little, but it was fine. He'd heard it all before.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms